What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chrs Johnson owners (1 Viewer)

YI own CJ2K and fully expect him to turn things around.There is a team that needs a RB (starting Blount and Starks) and deep at WR.I offered CJ2K + Schaub for Calvin + BradyHe thought it was insulting.
Probaly because it is insulting.Your trying to buy 2 guys on the highest of highs selling a rb on the lowest of lows and a top 10 qb. Brady and Calvin are probaly most peoples top qb and top wr for the rest of the year. Your just gonna make the owner annoyed and hes not gonna take future offers from you. A fair offer would of been CJ3 and Schuab for just Brady. Or you could try CJ3 for Calvin straight up. I would still not take these trades if I was the other owner. Wait till CJ3 breaks 10points in a game and you might get some value.

YI own CJ2K and fully expect him to turn things around.There is a team that needs a RB (starting Blount and Starks) and deep at WR.I offered CJ2K + Schaub for Calvin + BradyHe thought it was insulting.
Probaly because it is insulting.Your trying to buy 2 guys on the highest of highs selling a rb on the lowest of lows and a top 10 qb. Brady and Calvin are probaly most peoples top qb and top wr for the rest of the year. Your just gonna make the owner annoyed and hes not gonna take future offers from you. A fair offer would of been CJ3 and Schuab for just Brady. Or you could try CJ3 for Calvin straight up. I would still not take these trades if I was the other owner. Wait till CJ3 breaks 10points in a game and you might get some value.
Yeah, I own Brady & Megatron in my main league....I would find it hard to take any future offer seriously after that one.

What would I trade him for? Give me a 20$ gift card to panera bread and he's yours. Kidding aside, I'll hold tight and just hope he turns it around. With DMC and Best, I don't mind having CJ being my flex player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been offered Turner and Fred Jackson for CJ in a keeper league. Tempting for this year but keeper league is the key here. Currently Ingram is my RB2. Not sure what I'll do yet.

I just got a couple offers for him in dynasty...

Peyton Manning & BJGE for CJ

Hillis, Burress & 2012 3rd for CJ

I passed on both. I'm still higher on CJ than Hillis. I have 2 capable QBs already so Manning does nothing for me & BJGE is going to lose his job.

Let's not forget Ahmard Hall, a very good blocking fullback, comes back after this week
I think the effect of this is being underrated. Leach, Lousaka Polite, Ahmard Hall are the names that jump out at me, personally, when I think of a road plowing full back like Lorenzo Neal always was for LT.

Let's not forget Ahmard Hall, a very good blocking fullback, comes back after this week
Thanks for the heads up, forgot about this. I have CJ2K for the first time this year and I haven't watched the Titans much in the past few years. I see Hall played all 16 games the past 3 years... does he do a lot of blocking on running plays? I mean is he always in there punching holes for CJ?CJ value too low for me to consider the trade offers I've received and I can luckily afford to wait as my RB depth is good.

'3nOut said:
Been offered Turner and Fred Jackson for CJ in a keeper league. Tempting for this year but keeper league is the key here. Currently Ingram is my RB2. Not sure what I'll do yet.
Starting to waffle on this offer. According to FBGs 250 moving forward, this is a no brainer and I should take the deal. Not so sure if Turner will improve his numbers and if Fred Jackson can keep this pace up.

'cubbie5150 said:
Probaly because it is insulting.Your trying to buy 2 guys on the highest of highs selling a rb on the lowest of lows and a top 10 qb. Brady and Calvin are probaly most peoples top qb and top wr for the rest of the year.Your just gonna make the owner annoyed and hes not gonna take future offers from you. A fair offer would of been CJ3 and Schuab for just Brady. Or you could try CJ3 for Calvin straight up. I would still not take these trades if I was the other owner. Wait till CJ3 breaks 10points in a game and you might get some value.
Yeah, I own Brady & Megatron in my main league....I would find it hard to take any future offer seriously after that one.
:shrug: or you could consider it buying one of the best RBs at his lowest point and selling a QB at his highest. I don't think I'd trade Brady/Calvin for CJ/Schaub, but it's not so bad as to taint the rest of his offers in the future.

'cubbie5150 said:
Probaly because it is insulting.Your trying to buy 2 guys on the highest of highs selling a rb on the lowest of lows and a top 10 qb. Brady and Calvin are probaly most peoples top qb and top wr for the rest of the year.Your just gonna make the owner annoyed and hes not gonna take future offers from you. A fair offer would of been CJ3 and Schuab for just Brady. Or you could try CJ3 for Calvin straight up. I would still not take these trades if I was the other owner. Wait till CJ3 breaks 10points in a game and you might get some value.
:shrug: or you could consider it buying one of the best RBs at his lowest point and selling a QB at his highest. I don't think I'd trade Brady/Calvin for CJ/Schaub, but it's not so bad as to taint the rest of his offers in the future.
Yea thats how the guy sending the offer thinks. Nobody is gonna accept this offer though. Not when Brady is on pace for 50+tds and Calvin 20+tds its just not gonna happen.

I just offered D.Will, J.Stew, Grossman, McCluster and B.Scott for CJ, M.Ryan and PT Cruiser (I have Ingram). He wants a top WR (I am stacked with Johnson x2 plus VJax having gone upside down draft). I declined. Too much risk.

I just offered D.Will, J.Stew, Grossman, McCluster and B.Scott for CJ, M.Ryan and PT Cruiser (I have Ingram). He wants a top WR (I am stacked with Johnson x2 plus VJax having gone upside down draft). I declined. Too much risk.
So you didn't offer him a single quality player.

'Pots said:
This is the problem with many CJ owners. They still value him based on 2009's performance. In 2008, D. Williams had 20 touchdowns. Is he not a quality player? The facts are that CJ has only rushed for 100 yards twice in the last 9 games with just 2 TD's in that timeframe. You can talk potential all you want but that is a good sample size of lack of production.This isn't about my specific trade offer. CJ owners are having trouble realizing his performance is a trend and doesn't justify the prices you're currently asking. There's a lot of risk there. Meantime, much less sexier names are showing clear trendlines of better production.

'Pots said:
This is the problem with many CJ owners. They still value him based on 2009's performance. In 2008, D. Williams had 20 touchdowns. Is he not a quality player? The facts are that CJ has only rushed for 100 yards twice in the last 9 games with just 2 TD's in that timeframe. You can talk potential all you want but that is a good sample size of lack of production.This isn't about my specific trade offer. CJ owners are having trouble realizing his performance is a trend and doesn't justify the prices you're currently asking. There's a lot of risk there. Meantime, much less sexier names are showing clear trendlines of better production.
While you're right, the fact remains that cj is one of the guys you hate to trade away as he could explode at any time..I'm also a titans fan so I'm not giving upon him although there are a lot of concerns about the team.

It's a really bad offer

'Pots said:
yet you are trying to trade for him why? You bash him and talk about his lack of production, yet you know you would be jumping for joy had you landed him. Nobody knows how this season will ultimately pan out, but for now it seems insane to sell CJ as the return for him is nowhere near the potential he brings.

Reading this thread and having just pulled a trade it is only appropriate to post. I just traded Wes Welker for Chris Johnson.

'Pots said:
yet you are trying to trade for him why? You bash him and talk about his lack of production, yet you know you would be jumping for joy had you landed him. Nobody knows how this season will ultimately pan out, but for now it seems insane to sell CJ as the return for him is nowhere near the potential he brings.
What you call the "return" for him (I call the market value) is nowhere near his potential because you have to "risk adjust" the potential. Given that his lack of production is now a real trend, you have to apply a higher discount factor since the risk of him re-achieving that potential has gone up significantly.

I gave up Felix and Desean for CJ. Am I an idiot?
Dynasty or redraft?Dynasty I think its a coup, but I'm not high on either Jones or Jackson. Felix is brittle, Jackson is the third best receiving option on his team (Maclin, McCoy) with a QB who may or may not play every Sunday, if the injuries keep piling up. Jackson's also boom-or-bust, which can be frustrating for a fantasy owner.Re-draft, I guess I could see it for the other guy if he believes in those two and thinks that CJ is washed up already.

It's redraft.

I guess I'm going for the homerun. I already own McFadden and have a decent WR corps left with Dez, Julio Jones, Lance Moore.

12-team ppr.

Reading this thread and having just pulled a trade it is only appropriate to post. I just traded Wes Welker for Chris Johnson.
Care to elaborate on the rationale or was this just a bet that one's going up and the other going down?
I drafted Foster #1 pick and have Vick as my Keeper. My WR's are Vjax, Welker, Boldin and Maclin. My scrub RB's are Felix Jones and SJax. I felt the only way to save my season was to pull the trigger on this offer. Being down 0-3 my logic is that it can't get much worse and my hope is that Vick will come around, Arian will play return to full health Stud RB and CJ only has to do better with the possibility to becoming a stud RB. After looking at CJ's schedule it looks very favorable and with Britt out i think they will rely on the run more, hopefully big #'s with CJ. My only risk is that my team stink this year but atleast I can keep CJ for next season. While welker is a monster now and could put up maybe half the numbers he's been putting up, which is very good, the risk of another concussion is still at play. I don't think it will happen but it could. If i began the season and thought i could trade welker straight up for CJ i think everyone in their right mind would take that offer. Weighing my current record of 0-3 and risk factors I felt this trade "change" is what my team needed.

This just went down in a 10-team 8 keeper league that's been around for 8 years. Non-PPR but switching to PPR in 2012

Team A gave: Chris Johnson, Owen Daniels

Team B gave: Roddy White, Rob Gronkowski, Michael Bush (Team A is the DMC owner and also a Patriots homer). As far as CJ's current value, make of it what you will. Good luck this weekend!

Care to elaborate on the rationale or was this just a bet that one's going up and the other going down?
I drafted Foster #1 pick and have Vick as my Keeper. My WR's are Vjax, Welker, Boldin and Maclin. My scrub RB's are Felix Jones and SJax. I felt the only way to save my season was to pull the trigger on this offer. Being down 0-3 my logic is that it can't get much worse and my hope is that Vick will come around, Arian will play return to full health Stud RB and CJ only has to do better with the possibility to becoming a stud RB. After looking at CJ's schedule it looks very favorable and with Britt out i think they will rely on the run more, hopefully big #'s with CJ. My only risk is that my team stink this year but atleast I can keep CJ for next season. While welker is a monster now and could put up maybe half the numbers he's been putting up, which is very good, the risk of another concussion is still at play. I don't think it will happen but it could. If i began the season and thought i could trade welker straight up for CJ i think everyone in their right mind would take that offer. Weighing my current record of 0-3 and risk factors I felt this trade "change" is what my team needed.
Well the trade was vetoed by the league. Guess CJ for Welker is not a fair trade

Well the trade was vetoed by the league. Guess CJ for Welker is not a fair trade
It's not fair for the guy getting CJ. I'm shocked it got vetoed. On paper that's reasonable value. If one redrafted for the entire season today, both would be late 1st/early 2nd round picks.

It's not fair for the guy getting CJ. I'm shocked it got vetoed. On paper that's reasonable value. If one redrafted for the entire season today, both would be late 1st/early 2nd round picks.
The owners that vetoed said the person getting Welker is making out in the deal. I need a RB and stocked up on WR's and willing to take a gamble, if thats what you can even call it, that CJ will return to form.

The owners that vetoed said the person getting Welker is making out in the deal. I need a RB and stocked up on WR's and willing to take a gamble, if thats what you can even call it, that CJ will return to form.
This would drive me nuts- no way on earth that trade should be vetoed.

Got an unsolicited offer in a 12 team league.

SJax and Colston for CJ. Took it without asking any questions.

Good example of how differently people view value. I am glad to wait out SJax and Colston's injury effects,

and he's apparently thinking CJ is ready to break out. We'll see how it shakes out...but I know I do feel

better with them on my squad than I did with CJ.

Got an unsolicited offer in a 12 team league.SJax and Colston for CJ. Took it without asking any questions.Good example of how differently people view value. I am glad to wait out SJax and Colston's injury effects,and he's apparently thinking CJ is ready to break out. We'll see how it shakes out...but I know I do feelbetter with them on my squad than I did with CJ.
That's a fine deal if you want to finish "in the middle". If you want to win your league, it's a terrible trade for you.

No f'n way does that trade get vetoed - what was the reason given? Incredulous!! .....seriously.This would drive me nuts- no way on earth that trade should be vetoed.

Got an unsolicited offer in a 12 team league.SJax and Colston for CJ. Took it without asking any questions.Good example of how differently people view value. I am glad to wait out SJax and Colston's injury effects,and he's apparently thinking CJ is ready to break out. We'll see how it shakes out...but I know I do feelbetter with them on my squad than I did with CJ.
Terrible trade. I laughed this week when offere Deangelo, S.Rice, and a 3rd. That offer was better than what you got.

while i don't think that deal is quite as bad as some others are posting, i woulnd't have done it. Even a healthy Colston is well past his prime and on a team that spreads the wealth considerably. And SJax, while productive, has a history of Quad injuries.i keep coming back to the same point. You had to draft CJ knowing he was going to start slow. If you didnt have that mind set, then just dump him for the best offer you can get

while i don't think that deal is quite as bad as some others are posting, i woulnd't have done it. Even a healthy Colston is well past his prime and on a team that spreads the wealth considerably. And SJax, while productive, has a history of Quad injuries.i keep coming back to the same point. You had to draft CJ knowing he was going to start slow. If you didnt have that mind set, then just dump him for the best offer you can get
Hate to hijack, but exactly how is Colston past his prime?

That's a fine deal if you want to finish "in the middle". If you want to win your league, it's a terrible trade for you.
Dude really? Why do you have to be a #### about this move?No one knows how this will pan out. And it is certainly a fair trade. Granted the guy needs to wait until SJ and Colston are healthy, but there is no need to berate him. This trade wasnt one sided. People like you annoy me. Im sorry we're not Nostradamus like you

'Shermanator said:
'Black&Gold said:
'Wberry said:
Dude really? Why do you have to be a #### about this move?No one knows how this will pan out. And it is certainly a fair trade. Granted the guy needs to wait until SJ and Colston are healthy, but there is no need to berate him. This trade wasnt one sided. People like you annoy me. Im sorry we're not Nostradamus like you
Take is easy buddy....lol. My point is that it all comes down to upside. EVEN if Jackson and Colston stay healthy(which is unlikely), their upside is limited. CJ could win the league for you if he gets things going. I didn't "berate" anyone. You are the one making it personal. How dare I give an opinion on a public message board? You're funny.

'Shermanator said:
'Black&Gold said:
'Wberry said:
Take is easy buddy....lol. My point is that it all comes down to upside. EVEN if Jackson and Colston stay healthy(which is unlikely), their upside is limited. CJ could win the league for you if he gets things going. I didn't "berate" anyone. You are the one making it personal. How dare I give an opinion on a public message board? You're funny.
Im not making it personal.what do you mean upside?If anything CJ and colston are the definition of upside.You were just trying to look cool in front of everyboby. Like you knew what you were talking about. You we're trying to make WBerry look like an idiot. Like a bully. You should apologize to him

Users who are viewing this thread