What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cincinnati getting thirsty? (1 Viewer)

The Hank

Footballguy
Bengals | S. Adams interested in joining team

Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:48:40 -0800

Bengals.com reports free agent DL Sam Adams (Bills) is interested in joining the Cincinnati Bengals. Adams called Bengals OT Willie Anderson Wednesday, March 1, to let him know he'd be interested in checking out a club that his agent Angelo Wright calls "on the cusp of the Super Bowl."

per kffl

sounds like a lock already to me. Where does this take CIN with its first pick?

If he signs I can't picture this effecting their draft plans. Adams is nearing the end of his career. He would help but isn't a long term answer. He also isn't the player he was a few years ago.

Would rather see Buckner here myself.
They are both old as dirt, but Adams is better at playing the role of "fat sack of crap that eats two linemen every down."
If he signs I can't picture this effecting their draft plans. Adams is nearing the end of his career. He would help but isn't a long term answer. He also isn't the player he was a few years ago.
I think this means they still might sink a pick into a DT, but probably not until the 2nd round. Given they are looking for a penetrating lineman, I just don't see the value that would be there when they pick.Gotta believe a Darnell Bing would look damn good paired up with Madieu Williams.

Last edited:
Bengals also should be in the TE market and it sounds like there are 3 TEs this year considered first round possibilities. I know the crop this year is deep, but it wouldn't shock me if they went this way should they get Adams.

-QG

Would rather see Buckner here myself.
They are both old as dirt, but Adams is better at playing the role of "fat sack of crap that eats two linemen every down."
sounds like a lock already to me.  Where does this take CIN with its first pick?
I think this means they still might sink a pick into a DT, but probably not until the 2nd round. Given they are looking for a penetrating lineman, I just don't see the value that would be there when they pick.Gotta believe a Darnell Bing would look damn good paired up with Madieu Williams.
:goodposting: If they fill the DT spot before the draft, they go Bing.

Sam Adams is playing with an old deck of cards. IIRC when the Bills signed him a couple of years ago, he picked the Bills over the Bengals. Now he is just hoping there is still some interest.

Users who are viewing this thread