What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clemens to decide before June 15th... (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
Jesus, is he trying to wait longer than Favre did?

From Rotoworld:

In an e-mail message to the New York Times, Roger Clemens' agent said that Clemens "will make his decision before June 15."

The Astros, Yankees, Red Sox, and Rangers continue to jockey for Clemens' services.

Good for Clemens.

The guy has played well enough to put himself into this position. More power to the Rocket. :thumbup:

I would have like to seen him make a push for 400 wins and 5000 K's. As much as I hate him, that would be an incredible spectacle.

Actually, looking at it, if he can stay healthy and stay on the right team, I think Maddux could challenge 400 .

He's got this league on a string.  He's also sitting on a rainbow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think any team would want Sinatra pitching for them right now. Even the Rangers.After the Rangers started 2-7 I figured they were out of the Clemens chase, but going 14-5 since them put them right back in.

Good for Clemens.

The guy has played well enough to put himself into this position. More power to the Rocket. :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I CAN NOT stand when players do this crap, in any league. "Yeah, I'm retired...no, maybe not....yeah, I'm retired.....no, maybe not."Just make up your mind, you attention whore. :rant:

Edit to add, it annoys when other celebrities do this too (Jay-Z).

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think it's got to be Houston. I think he's done uprooting his family. The Strangers are probably second.

Good for Clemens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I CAN NOT stand when players do this crap, in any league. "Yeah, I'm retired...no, maybe not....yeah, I'm retired.....no, maybe not."Just make up your mind, you attention whore. :rant:

Edit to add, it annoys when other celebrities do this too (Jay-Z).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clemens is one of just a few athletes that have ever been in this position. The guy has played well enough for a long period of time and I have no problem with it. He wanted to spend time with his family, attend his kids games, and take some time off which will help him and whatever team that signs him. It's hard to hate a guy that has put himself in a position to make a ton of money in such a short period of time while being an assest for the team that signs him.

Personally, I think it's got to be Houston.  I think he's done uprooting his family.  The Strangers are probably second.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that Houston is probably his first option, and that he should sign there unless they do something to piss him off. Should something change, though, he wouldn't have to uproot his family to go to any of the other three teams. He will probably just sign a one year deal, and for the type of money he will get, he can just rent a condo or something for four months. I am sure whoever he signs with will also make allowances for him to travel back to be with his family. The Rangers would probably be second on his list because of the short distance between Dallas an Houston. They would probably work out a deal that let him go back home on some days he didn't pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think it's got to be Houston.  I think he's done uprooting his family.  The Strangers are probably second.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that Houston is probably his first option, and that he should sign there unless they do something to piss him off. Should something change, though, he wouldn't have to uproot his family to go to any of the other three teams. He will probably just sign a one year deal, and for the type of money he will get, he can just rent a condo or something for four months. I am sure whoever he signs with will also make allowances for him to travel back to be with his family. The Rangers would probably be second on his list because of the short distance between Dallas an Houston. They would probably work out a deal that let him go back home on some days he didn't pitch.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All true. Sure would be nice to have an actual ace ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He won't have to uproot his family for 4 months. I see him returning to Boston where it all started and teaming up with Schill and Beckett and rolling the AL.

How much of the season is done by June 15th? 1/4?

Can you imagine Favre waiting until the 4th game of the regular season just to announce if he was coming back? :X

I am not the biggest Clemens fan, but really, who is he hurting? All teams are prepared to play without him. If the money and situation is right, he'll be back. If not, he won't. The Favre situation was quite different because the team needed to know if they were on the hook for his salary or not, if Aaron Rogers needed to be ready or not, etc.

My gut feeling, Clemens is pitching for the Astros in early June.

Users who are viewing this thread