What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL WIS XVI Draft Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Win 3Lose 4Win 6Lose 4Win 1Lose 2Win 2####### over and over again. Also I'm better on the road than at home, that's pretty standard for my teams.

No longer last in the division...which really isn't saying all that much. Guess my team was just on an epic cold streak to start. My entire lineup (besides Heinie, who's been good all year) have boosted their production considerably of late.

Sometimes I shake my head at the awards in these leagues. John Tudor leads both leagues in ERA and WHIP, but is not in the top 5 for the Cy Young and didn't even make the All-Star team. I gues they really overvalue wins, of which he only has 9.

Another thing I haven't quite figured out is the fielding. I drafted Eddie Joost to play SS. He has a B/A rating, so I figured he would be pretty decent. Well, through 81 games he has 25 errors while in real life he had 26 in 151 games. Just seems so random sometimes.

i completely missed the all-star rosters. nice to see that i didn't have a single all-star on my division leading team.

here's to 1st round pick George Brett, who has all of 3 home runs on the season (24 in real life) and a sub-400 SLG%.

Value? Mad!

Pitching has controlled this thing A LOT. Way more than in the past. Small-sample variance? Maybe. But I think someone could've drafted a 90-win team in this thing by going strictly pre-1920 pitching the first 7 or 8 rounds, and then filling in a batting line-up with whatever remained..

Bryan Harvey had blown 3 saves in his first 36 save opps. He has just blown 2 in the last 3 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 game lead blown. Now tied with Koya. We faceoff for the last time at noon today.
chased Don Sutton with a 6-spot in the top of the first (including a grand slam by Lou Boudreau), and coasted to an 11-4 victory to take a one-game lead with 4 to play. Close the season with a series against Mr. Phoenix and his 68-90 team.

ok, how about this?...you swept me in our last series
:pickle:Should be an interesting four games. Eephus not out of it, either.
I need to sweep Koya and get some help from you. My team has been totally mediocre this time around.
Seems like the bulk of the league has been mediocre, few exceptions :shrug:
The prescription is more dice rolling
This. Signed,Winner of dice-rolling leeg.

Squeaked into the playoffs, turrible second half. Nice run by Greco, X and even Tre made some late noise.

Will do my best to represent :thumbup:

Now who will I be playing, news after PM2 :popcorn:

Also TU going for 100 wins :popcorn:

Came into the final four-game series trailing Sparty by four games for the wildcard. Won the first three. I'm sure that was all just to watch them wet the bed in game four. We'll see. :popcorn:

Finished strong until these last 3 games against moops. Hopefully I can pull out the win tonight and not end on a 4 game losing streak.

Biggest disappointment...Johnny Bench. 203/301/362 BLAH!

Finished strong until these last 3 games against moops. Hopefully I can pull out the win tonight and not end on a 4 game losing streak.Biggest disappointment...Johnny Bench. 203/301/362 BLAH!
Johnny Bench's bench needs another coat of Krylon

i have 9 batters with at least 60 RBI, but none with more than 83.

fwiw, have the best pythagorean win % in the entire league. just stink in one-run games.

Came into the final four-game series trailing Sparty by four games for the wildcard. Won the first three. I'm sure that was all just to watch them wet the bed in game four. We'll see. :popcorn:
So I just beat Sparty and we're tied, but I don't see a game scheduled to break the tie. Now what?

8th in HR, 8th in OBP, league average in most other categories. League average defense. 7th best WHP, 2nd best OAV, 4th most K's. And the ####### MVP drunk Mickey Mantle.

76-86 record :kicksrock:

Holy #### what a stupid end-of-season collapse. Four games vs RnR, need one to clinch a playoff spot, lose them all.

Now we get a one-game playoff. If I lose that, I'll... come here and whine more because there's really not much else I can do about it.

Holy #### what a stupid end-of-season collapse. Four games vs RnR, need one to clinch a playoff spot, lose them all.Now we get a one-game playoff. If I lose that, I'll... come here and whine more because there's really not much else I can do about it.
Don't worry, this is setting up perfectly to dash my hopes and dreams right before the finish line. :thumbup:

8th in HR, 8th in OBP, league average in most other categories. League average defense. 7th best WHP, 2nd best OAV, 4th most K's. And the ####### MVP drunk Mickey Mantle.76-86 record :kicksrock:
My team led the league in ERA and WHIP. 3 of my 4 starters were in the top 5 in ERA, but my hitters were SO bad that I still finished 72-90. Worst offense ever.

ok, how about this?...you swept me in our last series
:pickle:Should be an interesting four games. Eephus not out of it, either.
I need to sweep Koya and get some help from you. My team has been totally mediocre this time around.
you swept me in our last series
"Don't give up...don't EVER give up!" -Jim Valvano
Just could not beat Eeph's team all year.

Users who are viewing this thread