What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN Ratings Continue Free Fall (1 Viewer)

CNN averaged 2.7 million viewers from Jan. 4-10 last year as the network experienced a brief post-election spike but plummeted to only 548,000 average viewers last week, for a stunning year-over-year drop of 80% of its total audience. 

CNN’s eye-popping decline is even worse among the advertiser-coveted demographic of adults age 25-54, as the liberal network shed 86% of its viewers and finished last week with only 113,000 average viewers in the critical category after averaging 822,000 a year ago. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-tops-espn-most-watched-cable-network-cnn
Fox was down 15% from the same dates. 

Tim Pool was talking about this last night. He said his show averages 250k live views a night and another 250-500k on youtube rewatching. 

The fact he triples CNN prime time lineup should show that people are over the slanted news.

There's been a new woman on CNN that is very good.  She has been on State of the Union lately - she should have a primetime spot. 

Zucker resigns after failing to disclose an improper sexual relationship with a coworker. 
Think about how this jackass oversaw the complete collapse of his news network.  From the most trusted name in news to dumpster fire.  

And he gets canned for a consensual relationship that he failed to disclose on some HR paperwork.

This is a symptom of institutions that are rotting from the inside out.

Think about how this jackass oversaw the complete collapse of his news network.  From the most trusted name in news to dumpster fire.  

And he gets canned for a consensual relationship that he failed to disclose on some HR paperwork.

Good post…also, I find it funny that he gets canned for lying about a consensual relationship after only suspending Toobin for treating himself like a farm animal in front of fellow employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post…also, I find it funny that he gets canned for lying about a consensual relationship after only suspending Toobin for treating himself like a farm animal in front of fellow employees.
The only rule at CNN is to keep your hands to yourself. 

Agreed but I have a feeling more will come out. I really doubt he's leaving over not disclosing his adult consensual relationship.

Also, this is CNN, this thread belongs in the PSF

Huh?

If I had the same disdain for Fox then yes......what????

when quoting a post and replying to it, the two are generally tied together logically (I am sensing a pattern). 

So if you have the same disdain for sexual impropriety regardless of other circumstances, than yes comparing it to other instances is irrelevant

when quoting a post and replying to it, the two are generally tied together logically (I am sensing a pattern). 

So if you have the same disdain for sexual impropriety regardless of other circumstances, than yes comparing it to other instances is irrelevant
😂

Max Power said:
Zucker resigns after failing to disclose an improper sexual relationship with a coworker. 
Zucker failed to disclose a relationship he had with a woman who was on the CNN board with. I could care less if he resigns or not but I am not sure what made their consensual relationship improper though...pretty sure she wasn’t a minor or a nun. And even if they had other spouses would that disqualify him from being on the board? Should we disqualify anyone who had an affair outside of their marriage from say being President? Works for me but I think we know one guy that won’t be running in 2024 then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zucker failed to disclose a relationship he had with a woman who was on the CNN board with. I could care less if he resigns or not but I am not sure what made their consensual relationship improper though...pretty sure she wasn’t a minor or a nun. And even if they had other spouses would that disqualify him from being on the board? Should we disqualify anyone who had an affair outside of their marriage from say being President? Works for me but I think we know one guy that won’t be running in 2024 then.
My father’s workplace was like that also.  I think if CNN was thriving, it’s not an issue.  

The problem is when you have undisclosed romantic relationships involving people in a supervisory relationship, either formally or informally.  I agree that romantic relationships in the workplace are fine, but they really do need to be disclosed to avoid a) sexual harassment and b) favoritism/COI.

At my institution, an undisclosed sexual relationship involving a subordinate is grounds for immediate termination.  Personally I think that's too harsh, but I know with 100% certainty that people do actually do get terminated for violating this policy.  I also know several people with disclosed relationships and they do just fine.  It works.

The problem is when you have undisclosed romantic relationships involving people in a supervisory relationship, either formally or informally.  I agree that romantic relationships in the workplace are fine, but they really do need to be disclosed to avoid a) sexual harassment and b) favoritism/COI.

At my institution, an undisclosed sexual relationship involving a subordinate is grounds for immediate termination.  Personally I think that's too harsh, but I know with 100% certainty that people do actually do get terminated for violating this policy.  I also know several people with disclosed relationships and they do just fine.  It works.
This is the same for the company I work for.   If you enter into a relationship with a co-worker you need to disclose it to HR immediately.

This is all correct, in my view.  I would add re: "disclosure" that it should really only apply to HR.  That is, John and Jane should only have to disclose their relationship to the HR department, not publicly.

My father’s workplace was like that also.  I think if CNN was thriving, it’s not an issue.  
You nailed it in my opinion. If CNN was crushing it, they would let this slide. This was a free out by the ownership and they played it. 

Big fail by Zucker though. If everyone already knew, this was him being lazy or just flat out disregarding the rules that got him. 

Zucker didn't get in trouble for an improper romantic relationship.  That was known about within CNN for years.  This is fallout from the Chris Cuomo firing.  Cuomo knew stuff and has probably told CNN he's going to go public with it.  This is them getting in front of those disclosures.  The relationship is an excuse.

Zucker didn't get in trouble for an improper romantic relationship.  That was known about within CNN for years.  This is fallout from the Chris Cuomo firing.  Cuomo knew stuff and has probably told CNN he's going to go public with it.  This is them getting in front of those disclosures.  The relationship is an excuse.
I will only say it does seem a little weird that he is resigning over this.   It seems like a very extreme reaction.   

Impossible, because if what you're saying is true, it would mean that CNN is covering up information pertinent to an important news story.  And that would undercut their credibility as a media organization because :lmao:  okay sorry I can't keep a straight face while typing this.  I tried.

Impossible, because if what you're saying is true, it would mean that CNN is covering up information pertinent to an important news story.  And that would undercut their credibility as a media organization because :lmao:  okay sorry I can't keep a straight face while typing this.  I tried.
You made it through the first sentence OK.  Then you got greedy and tried for a second one.

Boston said:
Toobin for treating himself like a farm animal in front of fellow employees.

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time.

Matthew Belloni

@MattBelloni

Potentially important: I’m told CNN received a litigation hold letter recently from Chris Cuomo lawyers, demanding, among other things, preservation of all communications between Zucker, comms chief Allison Gollust, and Andrew Cuomo.

Do Chris Cuomo and Brian Flores have the same lawyer?  That would be pretty awesome, given what these two gentlemen are doing.  (Well, one is a gentleman and the other is still just Fredo.)

yea & how not believing CNN is at your own peril.  Was he banned again or what?
CNN is desperate to have Trump back so they can reel back in all those obsessed with him. 

Doesn’t Tim just go away for a bit if he doesn’t get his way? 

I just assumed tim was banned for some reason.  Kudos to him for having the willpower to take the occasional self-chosen break.

Kilar assured the staff that Zucker’s departure would not alter CNN’s “journalistic values.”

The remarks didn’t satisfy Washington correspondent Jamie Gangel, whose association with Zucker dates to her early years at NBC when she was an up-and-coming 26-year-old producer.

“I think we’ve heard a lot of corporate double talk,” she said. “I think the company has made a terrible mistake by doing this.”

Gangel said she received calls from four members of the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol “who felt devastated for our democracy” now that Zucker has exited CNN.

“I do not think you have any appreciation for what you’ve done to this organization,” she said.
Quite an interesting quote there.  What would be a logical link between CNN and the Jan 6th committee?

Users who are viewing this thread