What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coaching jobs (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
I doubt any of us here have been NFL coaches, so a lot of what they do is relatively unknown. Some jobs seem more obvious than others - Linebackers coach, OL coach, etc. but some I don't quite get.

What does the offensive quality control coach do?

(Randy Hanson was just hired as Rams OQC Coach)

If someone has info on what each coach's job is, that would be excellent.

I have no idea, but the Quality Control coach is an entry level coaching position. The Redskins recently promoted Bill Lazor from Offensive Assistant (I thought he was a Quality Control - Offense, but apparently not) to QB coach. From Reskins.com, he work last year included:

Lazor worked closely with Musgrave last season. In the hours before a game, Lazor typically helps out in terms of getting Redskins quarterbacks and wide receivers warmed up.
Coy Gibbs' current position is Quality Control - Offense. There is talk of bring Al Saunders son as a Quality Control coach too.

I have no idea, but the Quality Control coach is an entry level coaching position. The Redskins recently promoted Bill Lazor from Offensive Assistant (I thought he was a Quality Control - Offense, but apparently not) to QB coach.

From Reskins.com, he work last year included:

Lazor worked closely with Musgrave last season. In the hours before a game, Lazor typically helps out in terms of getting Redskins quarterbacks and wide receivers warmed up.
Coy Gibbs' current position is Quality Control - Offense. There is talk of bring Al Saunders son as a Quality Control coach too.
Ok, so "coffee-boy" may be more appropriate?

Users who are viewing this thread