What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OLs-All 32-Shark Training Camp begins, Rookies report immediately, Veterans whenever you feel like it (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
One of the biggest factors for most skill players is going to be the health and skill level of their Offensive Lines.
The better the Tackles, the better the pass protection will be when the QB sets up to throw the football.
The better the IOL are the better the run blocking inside is likely to be. Guards and Centers pave the way.
Some OL have highly skilled combination players who can not only pass block with the best Edge rushers but also can spring massive blocks outside the numbers for some of the speedier RBs.
When looking at groups or "Tiers" of skill players, MoP typically will lean on the players that have better OL and are likely to spring chunk plays.

I'm not going to rank them 1 by 1, easier to take an article like this and cut it apart.
No problem with the Eagles being named at the top, think about that when you turn your nose up at Swift and also Penny. Cowboys are high, that makes sense.
I know Chubb gains a lot of yards, some of that has to be on the Browns OL BUT...are they really a Top 5 OL? If that's so and they can pass block as well as they run block...HELLO! Anyone remember this guy DeShaun Watson because there was a time when I thought he was a Top 3 QB, has wonderful instincts on the field and can support multiple targets/receivers/weapons, this kid doesn't give a **** what number is on your jersey, if you're open he'll find you. You just haven't seen him play at the level he was at before he took a long a vacation. I was down on Watson a year ago, some of it was definitely his off field issues but this is 2023 and I want to find some value plays at QB so I don't hit the Mahomes button on the 1/2 turn and believe me, someone in your league is taking Mahomes a lot earlier than you think.

Some of this is to wet the appetite, get a lather going because we have a lot of work to do in the next 7-10 days before many local redraft leagues start drafting.
My questions for everyone is do you agree with the rankings according to SN? One thing I notice is they have Tennessee ranked dead last. Now I understand they might not be household names but it's the Titans and Mike Vrabel is not going to allow himself to be embarrassed by fielding a turnstile. Skoronski is a rookie but I think he starts immediately and will have a big impact on things. I see Henry floating in the middle of the 2nd and I can't figure out if he's got 1 more great year in him and what impact this OL is going to have on his numbers? Is a Tyreek Hill/Derrick Henry combo in the 1st and 2nd a bad idea? Dropping anchor at WR1 and RB1, allowing flexibility for BPA the next 3-4 rounds without any pressure? I'm just asking questions, right @FishTacoTuesday ? I saw what you said :lol:

3. Detroit Lions-SCHWING!!!

5. Atlanta Falcons-MoP has some questions here. Not ready to put them in the Top 5 and I'm not big on the head coach.
6. Kansas City-That's scary if true, just gotta figure out the WR1, WR2 and what to expect from Pacheco
7. Ravens-
8..Bengals-
9. Green Bay...maybe we shouldn't overlook Watson and Aaron Jones
10. Denver...really? I would not rank them this high.

22. Patriots...Bad QB play, weapons questionable, RB who does well most weeks but won't get a lot of favors from his OL.
24. Rams...not good
25. Seahawks...Hmmm, think they will end up ranking a lot higher than 25th
26. Miami Dolphins...Holes at LG and RT that need filled. A Left Tackle that is Pro Bowl/ALL Pro when he's out there but can get nicked up any time and leaves a huge hole.
27. The Buccaneers...Whirfs is now a Left Tackle
28. Jaguars...makes me pause on Trevor Lawrence who I am starting to warm up to after the 1st 5-6 QBs come off the board, has a new weapon to help expand the WRs beyond Kirk.
29. Raiders
30. Commanders
31.Cardinals...Red Alert!
32. Titans...we discussed this

Comments, questions, anything you feel is relevant.

Last edited:
One caveat wrt the Lions is depth. The starting unit is of course rock solid. But we haven’t really seen anyone step up from the second unit outside of Graham Glasgow. Hal Vitai has been healthy so far but he missed all of last year with back surgery. Starting Pro Bowl C Frank Ragnow has a non-operable toe probably that will limit his practice time all year.

They’re a little thin IMO if/when injuries hit.

One caveat wrt the Lions is depth. The starting unit is of course rock solid. But we haven’t really seen anyone step up from the second unit outside of Graham Glasgow. Hal Vitai has been healthy so far but he missed all of last year with back surgery. Starting Pro Bowl C Frank Ragnow has a non-operable toe probably that will limit his practice time all year.

They’re a little thin IMO if/when injuries hit.
I would expect or hope the FO is looking for cuts from other rosters they can pick up on the cheap, maybe even after Week 1 where I think contracts are not guaranteed any more.

Is ARSB worth a Mid 2nd Rd consideration in Redraft? MoP Jr wants to know
Thanks!

MoP Jr also thinks Jared Goff is a hidden gem at QB this season, I've been going round and round with him on this.

Users who are viewing this thread