What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD: Black Ops 3 (1 Viewer)

So far I've primarily used the Type25. The early SMG unlocks don't really impress me. The Type25 reminds me of the Famas a lot.

I do love the Scorpion EVO. Sweet gun. Sucks that I'll have to wait so long before unlocking it for Create a Class.

So far I've primarily used the Type25. The early SMG unlocks don't really impress me. The Type25 reminds me of the Famas a lot. I do love the Scorpion EVO. Sweet gun. Sucks that I'll have to wait so long before unlocking it for Create a Class.
:goodposting: Scorpion is completely boss. Great with the laser sight, will run it with the adj. stock once I get that unlocked. ADSing in this game is a losing proposition.

I think I'm just going to not use Perks 2/3. Seems like double attachments and Perk 1's are pretty handy. I kind of think I'd rather have my flash bangs than any of the 2nd/3rd perks. I do miss Recon though.Don't really care about a secondary though, until I unlock the trusty RPG.
I feel the opposite way. I'm running 5 perks and just a frag grenade and fast mag with an MP7.
What perks?I've been using toughness/EC and like them well enough. Could do without though. I probably won't be able to resist ENG when I unlock it, I guess. The booby trapping crates is too fun to pass up.
Right now running Lightweight, Blind Eye, Fast hands, toughness, and Dexterity. But I'm still experimenting...thinking of changing Blind Eye to hardline as thus far very few people are putting up aerial AI score streaks. I'm eager to open up Flak jacket - that's the one I want the most.
Okay, I'm sold on 5 perks. No secondary. No lethal or tac grenades. Just a trusty MP7 blazing around the map with LW/HL/Toughness/EC/Dex.
I like this as well. You could always pick up someone else's weapon after you kill them and still have 5 perks. I like the blind eye, hardline, cold blooded, fast hands, dexterity combo so far

I added some of you guys I could find tags for, but I have another stupid question. What is a prestige weapon and what does prestige do for your character? Is prestige a must I am kind of confused.

So far I've primarily used the Type25. The early SMG unlocks don't really impress me. The Type25 reminds me of the Famas a lot. I do love the Scorpion EVO. Sweet gun. Sucks that I'll have to wait so long before unlocking it for Create a Class.
I like the Vector out of the early SMG's. Big clip and seems to shoot straighter for me. I've been running around with a suppressor and laser sight.I tried the FAL last night and really liked it. I'm generally not a single shot gun type of guy, but it kills quick and shoots straight. The 3-round burst pistol is a good complement to it.

I added some of you guys I could find tags for, but I have another stupid question. What is a prestige weapon and what does prestige do for your character? Is prestige a must I am kind of confused.
Nothing more than a status thing. The only benefits are additional unlocks for weapon camo and gamertags. You'll have to re-unlock all the weapons, perks and stuff each time you do it.

Prestige (weapon or character) just resets your rank so you can progress through again. The only reason to prestige a weapon is so you can re-do challenges to get xp to rank up. You might get some additional camo's or something for weapon prestiging, not sure about that though.

Weapon prestige allows you to put your clan tag (1st prestige) and emblem (2nd) on your gun. When you prestige it, you lose all your attachments and have to get them back, but you keep the camos.Character prestige isn't a must. Many don't and there's not really a reason to do it. You essentially get a new emblem and extra custom class slots, if you like. That said, I like to do it. I'm not sure why though.Unlike previous games, though, prestiging doesn't reset your weapon level anymore, which is nice.

Never played any of ther COD's. I have Battlefield BC2 and really like it. Not a fan of BC3. For you guys that play both, which is the better game series?

Never played any of ther COD's. I have Battlefield BC2 and really like it. Not a fan of BC3. For you guys that play both, which is the better game series?
Depends on what you like. I loved BFBC2. I thought it was an excellent mix of vehicles, combat, teamwork and strategy. BF3 sucked IMO because it tried to be something it wasn't.COD is MUCH faster paced with tons of close up engagements, quick spawns, lots of gunfights, little teamwork and little strategy.

I'm not a very good person to ask, but I have played both. I traded BC2 back in after about a week. Bored me to tears.By comparison, COD is a dumded-down arcade shooter with a lot of BS involved. That's what I like. I just want to run around and shoot people. Not for everyone though.

I think I'm just going to not use Perks 2/3. Seems like double attachments and Perk 1's are pretty handy. I kind of think I'd rather have my flash bangs than any of the 2nd/3rd perks. I do miss Recon though.Don't really care about a secondary though, until I unlock the trusty RPG.
I feel the opposite way. I'm running 5 perks and just a frag grenade and fast mag with an MP7.
What perks?I've been using toughness/EC and like them well enough. Could do without though. I probably won't be able to resist ENG when I unlock it, I guess. The booby trapping crates is too fun to pass up.
Right now running Lightweight, Blind Eye, Fast hands, toughness, and Dexterity. But I'm still experimenting...thinking of changing Blind Eye to hardline as thus far very few people are putting up aerial AI score streaks. I'm eager to open up Flak jacket - that's the one I want the most.
Okay, I'm sold on 5 perks. No secondary. No lethal or tac grenades. Just a trusty MP7 blazing around the map with LW/HL/Toughness/EC/Dex.
I like this as well. You could always pick up someone else's weapon after you kill them and still have 5 perks. I like the blind eye, hardline, cold blooded, fast hands, dexterity combo so far
Agree with running perks. Why fasthands if no grenades or secondary?

I'm not a very good person to ask, but I have played both. I traded BC2 back in after about a week. Bored me to tears.By comparison, COD is a dumded-down arcade shooter with a lot of BS involved. That's what I like. I just want to run around and shoot people. Not for everyone though.
BC2 was probably the greatest military shooter of all time on consoles. Shame that BF3 couldn't live up to that.

Liking this game more and more, even as my KD plummets. I've come to accept that I'm not going to be a 2 or 3 k/d player like I can be in other CODs, I'm just having fun...plus it's good to be rolling with all my fbg buddies again, MW3 was horrible to us!

Carrier can be erased from this game asap, wouldn't miss it even a little.

I like the perk that lets you climb faster... you can book it up through windows with that thing.

Liking this game more and more, even as my KD plummets. I've come to accept that I'm not going to be a 2 or 3 k/d player like I can be in other CODs, I'm just having fun...plus it's good to be rolling with all my fbg buddies again, MW3 was horrible to us!Carrier can be erased from this game asap, wouldn't miss it even a little.
I will be picking this up today. Although I am not going to abandon Halo 4.

Liking this game more and more, even as my KD plummets. I've come to accept that I'm not going to be a 2 or 3 k/d player like I can be in other CODs, I'm just having fun...plus it's good to be rolling with all my fbg buddies again, MW3 was horrible to us!Carrier can be erased from this game asap, wouldn't miss it even a little.
Don't be too frustrated right out the gates with this, it's a cross between MW3 and Black OPs, there are lots of good things in the game, but not as much gun fights as BO1. Also, until you get ghost lvl 55, you are basically a walking target, so I'm going to wait to really assess the game at lvl 55 it seems ghost is imperative. Every time I put on the default class that has ghost the game gets a lot easier.

Don't be too frustrated right out the gates with this, it's a cross between MW3 and Black OPs, there are lots of good things in the game, but not as much gun fights as BO1. Also, until you get ghost lvl 55, you are basically a walking target, so I'm going to wait to really assess the game at lvl 55 it seems ghost is imperative. Every time I put on the default class that has ghost the game gets a lot easier.
Will do. I expect to suckz0rz until I get acclimated from playing Halo 4 with a completely different button layout.

Yeah. UAV's are ALWAYS up. Can't wait to get ghost. I've always been a ghost-rusher, so the sitting still thing doesn't really affect me.

Yeah. UAV's are ALWAYS up. Can't wait to get ghost. I've always been a ghost-rusher, so the sitting still thing doesn't really affect me.
:goodposting: I love to run with shotguns around the map, and while I go positive most games I know if I had ghost on I could really flank and do some work.

Weapon prestige allows you to put your clan tag (1st prestige) and emblem (2nd) on your gun. When you prestige it, you lose all your attachments and have to get them back, but you keep the camos.Character prestige isn't a must. Many don't and there's not really a reason to do it. You essentially get a new emblem and extra custom class slots, if you like. That said, I like to do it. I'm not sure why though.Unlike previous games, though, prestiging doesn't reset your weapon level anymore, which is nice.
Thanks to all who repliedCan I get an opinion on my load outVector K10laser and suppressorlightweight/blind eyecoldblooded/toughnessdexI am not a rusher I try to flank and get the drop on players up to .84 ratio

because you can reload faster. EDIT. Nevermind. I better change this. Probably switch it to toughness

Last edited by a moderator:
because you can reload faster. EDIT. Nevermind. I better change this. Probably switch it to toughness
Yeah, toughness is the way to go for Perk 2 IMO.

Double XP starts today for people who pre-ordered the game

Just redeem the codes for nuketown2025 that came with the game and you should be good to go

Last edited by a moderator:
BC2 is by far my favorite shooter. Loved it. COD is okay, but you have no health compared to BC2, the maps aren't even one tenth as large, the spawns seem random-ish, and there's no teamwork. Oh, and if you kill enough guys in a row, the game gives you more kills. They're very, very different games.

BC2 is by far my favorite shooter. Loved it. COD is okay, but you have no health compared to BC2, the maps aren't even one tenth as large, the spawns seem random-ish, and there's no teamwork. Oh, and if you kill enough guys in a row, the game gives you more kills. They're very, very different games.
This. And there's no teamwork. And COD lags. And there's no teamwork. Was that already mentioned?

'Zerp said:
'IvanKaramazov said:
'Mr. Chumley said:
This. And there's no teamwork. And COD lags. And there's no teamwork. Was that already mentioned?
Absolutely no teamwork whatsoever. But if you do manage to achieve teamwork, the wins would be endless.

'Zerp said:
'IvanKaramazov said:
'Mr. Chumley said:
There's no teamwork with randoms. The FBG work well together.

'Zerp said:
'IvanKaramazov said:
'Mr. Chumley said:

Could be a lot better. I'm spoiled. BF3 teams call out where guys are, where they're headed, etc.
Yeah, well there are periods of non-action in BF3. That doesn't exist in CoD. By the time you call something out, the information is often outdated.
Fair enough. How about a "let's all go right side" in KC so if I get dropped the next guy is cleaning up and collecting tags. Or a call out to sweep the B perimiter and then throw 3 guys on it instead of me getting popped at 75% capture while solo. That's all.

:goodposting:

The lag on PS3 is beyond ridiculous. 4 bar connection and it's not even close.

and what's with the searching for more pkayers when there's a fukl lobby?

Users who are viewing this thread