What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD: Black Ops 3 (1 Viewer)

I hope they get it in the regular playlist soon. It's pretty annoying to have to deal with objective games to play it.

Same with Mulit-team. Great format, but I have no interest in playing anything other than KC or TDM.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'prosopis said:
Any suggestions on improving my aim? I cant count how many times I empty a clip all around a guy and he kills me with a short burst. I was blaming the game but after watching replays my aim just sucks and I am totally spasing out. :wall:

Right now I am pretty bad but if I improve my aim I think I would be average.
Turn your sensitivity down. That always helps me and then I gradually increase it.
I will look in settings tonight but I am not sure I know what this is.
It changes how fast you guy moves from left to right. Sometimes slowing that down a big helps you aim better. Now if you're in close quarters then you may want to make it higher.
I still suck but that did help. Thanks for the tip.

Playing now. What weapon is best for lower levels?
PDW-57 and Type 25.
Any reason for preferring the PDW to the Vector? I haven't unlocked any of the SMGs yet because I tend to be obsessive over things like unlock tokens. They seem fairly balanced statistically.(I'm actually still running the MTAR at level 22 because I'm reluctant to shell out for another weapon unless I know it's good).

I pretty much only use SMGs and the PDW is my favorite by far. I haven't used the others as extensively, so I'm sure I'm missing out on something.

I love the clip size. 50 rounds without an E-Clip is awesome (even more fun with one). Triple kill waiting to happen.

Rate of fire is lower, but it can kill in 3-shots up close and the 4-shot kill range goes a long way. The MSMC is the only one that beats it there, but I prefer the clip and feel of the PDW.

Speaking of fire rate, at least from what I can tell, BLOPS2 has done a great job making "Rapid Fire" less ideal than it's been in BlOPS and MW3. There's a far more drastic cost to using it.

Best SMG is the Skorpion EVO, hands down.
I was right there with you but I had a bad game with it where I struggled with the recoil and short effective range. I agree with the others that praise the MSMC although I enjoyed the MP7 as well. Really need to give the PDW a try.

There's a CoD Elite free app that lets you not only look at your game stats and challenges and such, but you can customize your classes on the go. I hate wasting game time dealing with the upkeep stuff. Usually it doesn't come along enough to waste.

It really pisses me off just how bad the assault rifles are in this game. I lose to pistols in close range! The M27 is the best one I've seen so far.

The target sight is a godsend for just slightly above average (at best) older generation players like me. I grew up in my formative years without all the extra buttons and sticks, I didn't get the required indoctrination into multitasking as younger players and I never completely overcame it. Partially concealed guys, guys in shadows and #######s laying prone all destroyed me and made me have a lot less fun. Now I have a fighting chance! Can't wait to get it for the crossbow, which I'm glad has more than 2 shots in it now. Great weapon for cross map digging out of entrenched players. Digging the massive customization quite a bit too. Don't really get the heavy criticism of it.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'prosopis said:
Any suggestions on improving my aim? I cant count how many times I empty a clip all around a guy and he kills me with a short burst. I was blaming the game but after watching replays my aim just sucks and I am totally spasing out. :wall:

Right now I am pretty bad but if I improve my aim I think I would be average.
Turn your sensitivity down. That always helps me and then I gradually increase it.
I will look in settings tonight but I am not sure I know what this is.
It changes how fast you guy moves from left to right. Sometimes slowing that down a big helps you aim better. Now if you're in close quarters then you may want to make it higher.
I still suck but that did help. Thanks for the tip.
Ive been playing pretty much only COD since blops1 came out and I'm still happy when I have an even kill/death score. We weren't all meant to be good? : shrugs:

Way better on PS3 after the first patch. My crew and I were wrecking guys tonight.

And yeah, the MSMC is probably my favorite. At least until I unlock extended mags for the Skorpion. Then it will probably be the Skorpion. But the clip size on the PDW is pretty beast. The Chicom would be beastly with full auto via select fire. Not sure that i have the patience to unlock it though.

Plaza is probably my favorite map so far. Great map size, fair layout, not overly cluttered like some of them, and I seem to pwn on it. Plus the music in the club is kickin.

Try this on a big map - no primary, KAP-40 pistol w/ ext mag, scavenger, lightweight, dexterity, extreme conditioning, and 2 bouncing bettys. I was averaging 7-8 kills per life.

I hope they get it in the regular playlist soon. It's pretty annoying to have to deal with objective games to play it.Same with Mulit-team. Great format, but I have no interest in playing anything other than KC or TDM.
:goodposting:
I am the exact opposite. I hate any game that is not objective based. Just feels like a bunch of maniacs running around going pew-pew-pew!!
I could see that. Just different strokes, I guess.The one thing that's always bothered me about objective games is they seem to be organized camping to me. Often, it seems that folks use the game to get kills. Whether it's objective camping or using them as a great spawn predictor. NTTAWWT. Killing the other team a lot is probably the best way to win most games. Still, the video will be posted on youtube advertising the number of kills.KC and TDM just seem more honest to me. For the most part, COD players want to kill a lot of people without dying too much no matter the game mode. I'd rather just play the modes where that's the clearly stated objective.

Anybody else running into the running knife guys?Very frustrating.
Yeah, I was asking the group last night if there is a reason for it or just knife monkeys being knife monkeys. No one knew of any special unlocks or anything though.

I disagree. It's fire rate is too good and you HAVE to reload after every kill. That hurts the gun IMO. When you get rapid fire for the PDW it puts that gun in a whole other class.
Yep, using the PDW for a while makes the Skorpion very annoying. The MSMC too, to some degree. I do really like the MSMC, even though, at times, it just feels like a PDW a littl more than half the clip size.It depends on the player and mode though. I'm not terribly accurate and pretty much just play KC. Running into 2-4 enemies at once is the norm. A huge clip outweighs any other disadvantage most of the time.I need to give it another try, but I didn't really like Rapid Fire on my PDW. Recoil got out of control for me. I like suppressor and/or E-Clips (get used to 65 rounds in a clip and it's hard to go back).

They haven't nerfed the knife at all. I'm still getting killed by guys who run past me and knife thin air. Also plenty of deaths from guys knifing the air above me after I drop shot them. So disappointing.Scorpion is a sick gun but I find the range to limited. Much prefer the MSMC with FMJ - still owns most guns in CQ combat.

Honestly, I don't think you really have a choice except to use a submachine gun if you are doing anything other than camping. The combination of run speed + fire rate just blows all the other guns away. Every time I use an AR I just find myself frustrated and feel nerfed. I generally don't stop running around though.

I disagree. It's fire rate is too good and you HAVE to reload after every kill. That hurts the gun IMO. When you get rapid fire for the PDW it puts that gun in a whole other class.
This is why you equip it with the taped magazines for faster reloads.
That helps but still doesn't cure the problem when you run into multiple people with in this game is the norm IMO. The rapid fire on the PDW adds some recoil (still not as bad as the scorpion) but if you use the laser and silencer you're in great shape because it starts with a 50 round clip. It basically has 4 attachments.

This is why you equip it with the taped magazines for faster reloads.
That helps but still doesn't cure the problem when you run into multiple people with in this game is the norm IMO. The rapid fire on the PDW adds some recoil (still not as bad as the scorpion) but if you use the laser and silencer you're in great shape because it starts with a 50 round clip. It basically has 4 attachments.
I'll give it another shot with RF.The other clip size advantage is when you are in a fire fight with other teammates (also the norm, of course). I get a lot of kills when the opponent is reloading. A 2v2 firefight with the PDW means you often get a double kill and kill denied.

I love the bouncing betty. It's basically a guaranteed kill every time. Or goes off so fast you don't have time to dive under it like in MW3.

Shock charges can be really useful if you are patrolling an area and need a way to watch your back. You will see the pulsating cross hair on your screen when it goes off, so you can tell when someone has set it off. Tag one in a strategic location behind you and you will always know when someone is coming behind you/has breached your "area".

Some serious lag in large parties this weekend.

Would be almost worth it if there was a party strategy.

I'd love to see, for example on Dom, 2 "tanks" with SMGs, EMP and flak jackets take B and hold B, 2 snipers cover main alleys and support B, and 2 "greyhounds" with shotties disrupting 3rd flag.

Instead, I'm posting high scores solo and getting wiped out and losing in parties.

So annoying. Even more annoying that bouncing bettys won't even kill them because they are able to run so fast that they run right through them and passed the damage radius. Honestly though, it's kind of genius if you do it strategically. You can make a class that has 6 perks and just a knife and then with one kill you have 6 perks plus a primary+attachments.I'm actually looking forward to unlocking the ballistic knives. 5 perks plus the ballistic knives plus an explosive or equipment would be fun to run with.They seriously need to nerf the knife distance though. It's ridiculous. A guy shouldn't be able to lunge across an entire room and knife me.They also need to nerf the distance you can hack equipment from. I had Guardians and bouncing bettys that were at the B flag on Plaza hacked by a guy at the bottom of the steps. That's dumb.

Shock charges can be really useful if you are patrolling an area and need a way to watch your back. You will see the pulsating cross hair on your screen when it goes off, so you can tell when someone has set it off. Tag one in a strategic location behind you and you will always know when someone is coming behind you/has breached your "area".
They're also awesome next to a bouncing betty. I love tossing both out near a flag or near a hallway entrance behind me. It's awesome watching a guy get shocked and frozen and stand there paralyzed as the bouncing betty jumps up and goes off. :D

I encountered quite a few of these guys yesterday after not seeing many prior to that. It's kind of annoying when you put 3-4 shots into a somebody and they still lunge-knife you as if they were immortal, but most of these guys seemed to be lone wolves who weren't trying to too hard to take objectives, so it was okay. Kind of cheap though.

Users who are viewing this thread