What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD: Black Ops 3 (1 Viewer)

Here's my plan, if I can't find a legit CL ad to buy the game early I am NOT going at midnight. I did that for MW3 and didn't even play that night. I cam home and went to bed, it was bad. Furthermore, I am not reupping for Elite. I would rather give $50 to someone on this board to kick me in the balls before I do that again. Still trying to work out logistics/cause of action of a class action v. Activision for this one.
to be honest I'm really glad I got Elite. The new maps are generally better than the base ones (esp. Oasis, sanctuary, and piazza) and I enjoy the face off game modes. Without Elite there's no way I'd still be playing this game.

Here's my plan, if I can't find a legit CL ad to buy the game early I am NOT going at midnight. I did that for MW3 and didn't even play that night. I cam home and went to bed, it was bad. Furthermore, I am not reupping for Elite. I would rather give $50 to someone on this board to kick me in the balls before I do that again. Still trying to work out logistics/cause of action of a class action v. Activision for this one.
I work at nights a lot so I'll probably swing by and grab it, but I'm with you on not getting that Elite crap anymore. All it takes is one guy who you regularly play with who doesn't have it and your entire party can't play the new maps either. I paid for it and literally never played any of the new maps until months later.

saw this on a diff forum breaking down the kill streaks

My link Runz4FunzNGunz looks like hardened and scope as attachments

My link DollarsandCenturions Grip and a scope attachments, blue perk looks like flak jacket

My link MostlyUseMeBlade Noticeable blue perk is scavenger

My link T00b Monay Two primaries, the second one looks like it has hardened and enhanced iron sights. Two primaries limit selection to 2 perks and no lethals.

My link ShotgunSark Semi auto shotgun, flak jacket type perk c4 device

My link 8BitWallBanger 3rd perk looks like ninja

My link Kill streaks, chopper quadrotor napalm/drone/uav?

My link heat ray stun thing and idk the other two

My link EMP dogs and air strike?

My link first perk looks like hardline, unknown second and yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
But to say someone has to be "bad enough" to go 12-27 as a blanket statement is weak. This the k/d mindset that CoD has ingrained in kid's heads for years now.
Going 12-27 is bad, any way you look at it. Decoy or not, if you have the skill you won't go 12-27.
I can't agrue with you then. If I tell you, as I just did, that the entire purpose of the decoy was to kite defenders and not get kills and you still don't understand that his k/d doesn't matter... well, I give up.
don't hate Cardfan just cuz you have low k/d. ;)
This is digressing quickly into an epeen post. I want to get out before it gets there. Never wanted that. We all enjoy gaming and that's what counts.That being said, just for fun (of course), if you see me on I'll be playing with one of 2 teams - a team that will camp one side of the map and trap you on your half or my "running" team that moves as a group all over the map. We've won just under 500 in a row on our best streak - and we don't dashboard. We are a bunch of old guys that literally just play for our own fun and hope the other team doesn't get too hurt over it. If you want to join up I'll invite and you sure can play with us if we have room. We always enjoy good games with good people. If you're on the other team then just grin and bear it and realize it's all in good fun.

We're just a bunch of old farts who used to be pretty darn good. When we were on Gamebattles we got up to #3 in the US. It's basically the same group of guys now but we don't play as much and we are older and slower and we seem to get agitated a lot easier these days. My gamertag is "Obi is not Dead". It's an old joke from back in the day. If you send a friend request just let me know you're from here. We don't often have room in our parties but if we do I'll shoot you an invite.
This sounds fun. Ryodan, AZCard, Ren, Dude, Goat, Matt, Nyquil, Smoke... ASSEMBLE!!!!!
I am offended that I have been left out. Is it because I run support?

Damn it Clawer add your XBLGT to your sig.bshell27 :rolleyes:
I miss some of our BF3 games GB. :hifive:
We still play it Worm. I have been on a hiatus but Clawyer, Ender and I were playing pretty regularly. Its still a great game.
I kinda gave up after the big patch. It seemed like they really screwed up a bunch of stuff and made no improvements to the things that needed fixing.
Well I havent seen anything that is too out of whack. Some of the smaller patches they have done must have fixed some of those things. I know this is going to be blasphemy but I think BF3 is superior to CoD right now. As far as I am concerned CoD will have to earn its way back to the top spot.

Hey Cardfan just remembered I accidently deleted your Shotgun account from my friends list the other day. Can you send another FR?

Damn it Clawer add your XBLGT to your sig.

bshell27 :rolleyes:
We still play it Worm. I have been on a hiatus but Clawyer, Ender and I were playing pretty regularly. Its still a great game.
I kinda gave up after the big patch. It seemed like they really screwed up a bunch of stuff and made no improvements to the things that needed fixing.
Well I havent seen anything that is too out of whack. Some of the smaller patches they have done must have fixed some of those things. I know this is going to be blasphemy but I think BF3 is superior to CoD right now. As far as I am concerned CoD will have to earn its way back to the top spot.
I'll take BF3 over CoD now as well. I just keep getting sucked back to CoD each year because most of my other friends won't leave the damn game. Like I said, they're old and set in their ways. I actually got one guy to buy BF3 with me and he played it for one day - one day - and said he hated it. No amount of begging or pleading would bring him back. I don't see how - I think it's a heck of a game.

"Like I said they're old and set in their ways."

"No amount of begging or pleading would bring him back."

/paging Ryodan. Ryodan to the white courtesy phone/

"Like I said they're old and set in their ways.""No amount of begging or pleading would bring him back."/paging Ryodan. Ryodan to the white courtesy phone/
lol. I'll play more if you guys play some squad death match or close quarters maps. Running around for 5 minutes looking for someone, only to get shot down by some dude lying prone on top of a building halfway across the map, gets old fast.

"Like I said they're old and set in their ways.""No amount of begging or pleading would bring him back."/paging Ryodan. Ryodan to the white courtesy phone/
lol. I'll play more if you guys play some squad death match or close quarters maps. Running around for 5 minutes looking for someone, only to get shot down by some dude lying prone on top of a building halfway across the map, gets old fast.
I agree that Close Quarters is fun. I also disagree with the comment that you have to run for 5 minutes. Ryodan, you get into the #### as much as I do as a foot soldier. The ONLY time it is the way you say it is, is when we are dominating the other team and kills are few and far between. That happens a little more often than not, but even on the bigger maps you can get into action pretty quick if you're doing it right.

Damn it Clawer add your XBLGT to your sig.bshell27 :rolleyes:
Right after the patch I played Kharg Island... I think they changed the damage on some of the vehicle launchers. I literally could not reach land without being blown up, and I tried all vehicles. That sent me over the edge.

I agree that Close Quarters is fun. I also disagree with the comment that you have to run for 5 minutes. Ryodan, you get into the #### as much as I do as a foot soldier. The ONLY time it is the way you say it is, is when we are dominating the other team and kills are few and far between. That happens a little more often than not, but even on the bigger maps you can get into action pretty quick if you're doing it right.
Yeah perhaps I'm being a bit harsh but on some of the maps, it feels that way.To be honest, I think the biggest turn off for me is the fact that you can't fire your weapon while jumping or diving (or doing both). You take away those moves from me and I'm a very ordinary player.Its just not a game built for close quarter multi kills - due to squad spawns, 5 second reload times, large open maps, and the limitation on jump/dives.ETA that its a great game, don't get me wrong, just not for me most of the time.

I have to admit, I am ####### excited for this offering. If they have fixed connection issues it will be an incredible game. If not, most of us will either go the way of badger or gravitate to another offering. For me that is BF.

A link to an article which includes the video: http://www.examiner.com/article/treyarch-reveals-the-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer-trailer

Trailer: http://www.examiner.com/video/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer-trailer

Discuss.

I haven't dissected it or watched it close enough, but at first glance it looks quite good.
Guardian Suppress? That looks infuriating for a rusher
AGR and Dragonfire killstreaks look fun.
Not sure what the drones at the end were or how they work, I hope it's not like the chopper gunner where they target the highest player first.
I see dogs as a killstreak in one of the shots.
:g: or here? What's the play?
Just padding the post count?
I could have edited but I am lazy.
I can relate. My name is SlaX because I can't be bothered to spell out the full word, so I replace it with an X. Kind of like Xmas.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

'Giant Wooden Badger said:
I have to admit, I am ####### excited for this offering. If they have fixed connection issues it will be an incredible game. If not, most of us will either go the way of badger or gravitate to another offering. For me that is BF.
Don't get your hopes up, GB
:bag: I know. I don't know why, but 3arc did a good job with Blops and if they can hammer out the connection/hit detection/lag comp it looks like a homerun. No noob tubes, no panic knifes, 10 point class system. This looks good so far IMO.

'Giant Wooden Badger said:
Don't get your hopes up, GB
:bag: I know. I don't know why, but 3arc did a good job with Blops and if they can hammer out the connection/hit detection/lag comp it looks like a homerun. No noob tubes, no panic knifes, 10 point class system. This looks good so far IMO.
This is pretty much what everyone says every time a new version is released. As long as they did x, y, and z it looks like a great game. Unfortunately, there's always some other bull#### that you're not expecting that makes the game unplayable.

I am expecting a let-down. It's sad that we are hoping the new one fixes things rather than hoping the new one is even better than the prior version.

You are off the wagon though so I am going to discuss with the mods to not allow your posts in here. That is until you are back on the wagon and/or adopt a positive attitude toward gaming. :coffee:

I am expecting a let-down. It's sad that we are hoping the new one fixes things rather than hoping the new one is even better than the prior version. You are off the wagon though so I am going to discuss with the mods to not allow your posts in here. That is until you are back on the wagon and/or adopt a positive attitude toward gaming. :coffee:
:lmao:Like I don't have aliases.

I am expecting a let-down. It's sad that we are hoping the new one fixes things rather than hoping the new one is even better than the prior version. You are off the wagon though so I am going to discuss with the mods to not allow your posts in here. That is until you are back on the wagon and/or adopt a positive attitude toward gaming. :coffee:
:lmao:Like I don't have aliases.
What is the ####### point to having an alias?

Kinda cool that they will have a tru skill/league based ranking system. I'm guessing it will only apply to a single playlist or maybe a couple playlists.

'Worm said:
Kinda cool that they will have a tru skill/league based ranking system. I'm guessing it will only apply to a single playlist or maybe a couple playlists.
I like the idea. Sounds great - but only if they fix the lag. If not, just more reasons to ##### about it.

Support streaks are the worst. Tired of COD catering to the terrible players. "Hey look I went 12-27 with 2 caps so let me call in my KS that can kill the entire other team"Weak stuff.
Eh, I'd rather see a player rewarded for going 12-27 while playing the objective hard than reward a guy that goes 30-2 while completely ignoring the objective so that he can go camp spawns.I still don't understand why player rankings don't default sort to flag captured, tags collected, bombs planted, etc. for objective based modes. Doing that alone would go a long way towards changing the COD culture for the better. Heck, playcards don't even SHOW that stuff. It's ridiculous.
Do you not think that someone who goes 30-2 is not more of an asset to his team than someone who is 12-27? Dying is exponentially bad in these games. The spawn points are so predictable that you can't really escape them and you contribute to stackable killstreaks. Someone who camps defending an objective/spawn point with helicopters and ac-130s in the air is more valuable than running around with no purpose.

Support streaks are the worst. Tired of COD catering to the terrible players. "Hey look I went 12-27 with 2 caps so let me call in my KS that can kill the entire other team"Weak stuff.
Eh, I'd rather see a player rewarded for going 12-27 while playing the objective hard than reward a guy that goes 30-2 while completely ignoring the objective so that he can go camp spawns.I still don't understand why player rankings don't default sort to flag captured, tags collected, bombs planted, etc. for objective based modes. Doing that alone would go a long way towards changing the COD culture for the better. Heck, playcards don't even SHOW that stuff. It's ridiculous.
Do you not think that someone who goes 30-2 is not more of an asset to his team than someone who is 12-27? Dying is exponentially bad in these games. The spawn points are so predictable that you can't really escape them and you contribute to stackable killstreaks. Someone who camps defending an objective/spawn point with helicopters and ac-130s in the air is more valuable than running around with no purpose.
Oh boy. Here we go again.

Oh boy. Here we go again.
Whose alias does this belong to?

Tmartn- states ghost does not keep you off uav if you are stationary.

Lots of gameplay at tejbz

Looks ####### incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread