What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

A.  Its the political forum...we are talking about the politics of things.

B.  Medical advances that would have happened no matter who was in office.
You’re claiming politics don’t affect medical advances?

this is also a kaep thread where you’re talking about quality of life. Sometimes things aren’t quite black and white 

Ramblin Wreck said:
Funny.  Quick search of the board shows the last people to use snowflakes are you (this post), culdeus, Bucky86, Koya, Doug B, Bucky86 again, James Daulton, Tobias, Tobias, Dickies, Tobias, and Bucky86.  That covers the last month.  Looks like Bucky and Tobias need to learn to chill, right?
Keeping a current list of people known to have used a mildly discourteous term seems like the kind of thing that’d be done by a snowfl—uh, a snow crystal thingy, like a frosty morsel of frozen vapor with, uh, oh dang it, I wish I spoke Eskimo.

Keeping a current list of people known to have used a mildly discourteous term seems like the kind of thing that’d be done by a snowfl—uh, a snow crystal thingy, like a frosty morsel of frozen vapor with, uh, oh dang it, I wish I spoke Eskimo.
We all know the site's search features are bad, but they arent that bad that a manual list would be needed.  :P

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 Nov 20

Spoke to Meek Mill & he wanted ppl to know regardless of his unjust situation,

he’s in good spirits & humbled by the support the people have shown him.

We'll continue to fight against the harsh sentencing practices that have affected

Meek & millions of other POC for generations.

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 Nov 20

Spoke to Meek Mill & he wanted ppl to know regardless of his unjust situation,

he’s in good spirits & humbled by the support the people have shown him.

We'll continue to fight against the harsh sentencing practices that have affected

Meek & millions of other POC for generations.
Nessa meet nessa.

He should probably stop breaking the law.  The amount of time he's been on probation seems ridiculous but seriously, stop breaking the law and this is not a story.
We all break the law. Speeding/reckless driving, underage drinking, drinking and driving, drug possession, assault, jaywalking ... the list goes on and on.  Meek Mill got arrested this year for popping wheelies on a dirt bike and getting in a fight at an airport, for chrissakes (charges dropped in both cases). This violated his probation on drug and weapons charges- I'd wager a guess that 75% of the posters in this forum are currently in possession of drugs or weapons, many illegally.  Everyone's a criminal. The variable is who/what the criminal justice system decides to investigate and punish.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all break the law. Speeding/reckless driving, underage drinking, drinking and driving, drug possession, assault, jaywalking ... the list goes on and on.  Meek Mill got arrested this year for popping wheelies on a dirt bike and getting in a fight at an airport, for chrissakes (charges dropped in both cases). This violated his probation on drug and weapons charges- I'd wager a guess that 75% of the posters in this forum are currently in possession of drugs or weapons, many illegally.  Everyone's a criminal. The variable is who/what the criminal justice system decides to punish.
I have broken the law and gone to jail before.  I've been on probation and served house arrest for a very short time.  That's all it took for me to learn my lesson.  That was all 13 years ago so I've loosened up some but back then I was very careful about what I did for a very long time.

It's really not that hard to understand and follow.  If you break the law then you will pay the price.  If you do not learn from it then you are the problem, not the police.  I know there are some people who get picked on more but don't give anyone a reason to arrest you if you are a target, like being on probation.  Just be smart and responsible.

I'd wager a guess that 75% of the posters in this forum are currently in possession of drugs or weapons, many illegally.  Everyone's a criminal. The variable is who/what the criminal justice system decides to investigate and punish.
Wat? You seriously think 75% of the people that post here either have illegal drugs or weapons? :rolleyes:

Everyone isn't a criminal. Most are law abiding citizens. 

I have broken the law and gone to jail before.  I've been on probation and served house arrest for a very short time.  That's all it took for me to learn my lesson.  That was all 13 years ago so I've loosened up some but back then I was very careful about what I did for a very long time.

It's really not that hard to understand and follow.  If you break the law then you will pay the price.  If you do not learn from it then you are the problem, not the police.  I know there are some people who get picked on more but don't give anyone a reason to arrest you if you are a target, like being on probation.  Just be smart and responsible.
I disagree. It's pretty much impossible to be law-abiding all the time. You're telling me you never jaywalked during that time, or drove over the speed limit or otherwise drove in a manner that could be construed as reckless, or drank from an open container in public, or were intoxicated in public, or took a leak in an alley or behind a dumpster, or had a dog that barked too loud at night, etc. etc. etc.?

Anyway, even if you disagree and think it's easy and reasonable to expect people to live a 100% law-abiding life, you can't just throw up your hands at injustices in sentencing because people shouldn't have broken the law in the first place. It's still a problem we should fix.

I think most people are tired of talking about this issue, but our President is not; he tweeted about it again last night. 

Whiner in chief. 

We all break the law. Speeding/reckless driving, underage drinking, drinking and driving, drug possession, assault, jaywalking ... the list goes on and on.  Meek Mill got arrested this year for popping wheelies on a dirt bike and getting in a fight at an airport, for chrissakes (charges dropped in both cases). This violated his probation on drug and weapons charges- I'd wager a guess that 75% of the posters in this forum are currently in possession of drugs or weapons, many illegally.  Everyone's a criminal. The variable is who/what the criminal justice system decides to investigate and punish.
I simply don't understand this line of thinking. He was only doing X,Y, and Z, after only doing A,B, and C, it is just so unfair. 

I disagree. It's pretty much impossible to be law-abiding all the time. You're telling me you never jaywalked during that time, or drove over the speed limit or otherwise drove in a manner that could be construed as reckless, or drank from an open container in public, or were intoxicated in public, or took a leak in an alley or behind a dumpster, or had a dog that barked too loud at night, etc. etc. etc.?

Anyway, even if you disagree and think it's easy and reasonable to expect people to live a 100% law-abiding life, you can't just throw up your hands at injustices in sentencing because people shouldn't have broken the law in the first place. It's still a problem we should fix.
You are going way, way out of your way to be unreasonable here in order to make your point valid.  We all know there are laws/rules that are rarely enforced.  Most people know what they can get away with and that does not make them a bad person or a criminal.  There are times when we actually do get caught doing these things though and we pay the price, usually just a fine.  It's the habitual offenders that I'm talking about.  Once you get in trouble, it's not that hard to not do it again.

If you get arrested for an DUI it's really not that hard to not let it happen again.  If you lose your license for going 30 over the speed limit it's really not that hard to keep within a few mph of the speed limit in the future.  If you're under probation it's not that hard to stay low key for a while.  Just because a person doesn't want to do it doesn't make it hard to do. Be smart.

I think most people are tired of talking about this issue, but our President is not; he tweeted about it again last night. 

Whiner in chief. 
Indeed he did.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

The NFL is now thinking about a new idea - keeping teams in the Locker Room during the National Anthem next season.

That’s almost as bad as kneeling! When will the highly paid Commissioner finally get tough and smart?

This issue is killing your league!.....

Wat? You seriously think 75% of the people that post here either have illegal drugs or weapons? :rolleyes:

Everyone isn't a criminal. Most are law abiding citizens. 
You think most people here have never consumed alcohol from an open container (including at tailgates), or urinated in a public place (including at tailgates)?

You and I have very different impressions of the sort of people that hang out in this forum.

I could go on like this forever, by the way.  Ever played loud music for bunch of people at a party?  Possible violation of both nuisance laws and copyright laws.

Yes, some people are more law-abiding than others.  But it's absurd to think that's the only variable in terms of who gets in trouble and who doesn't. The discretion of law enforcement plays a huge role.

You think most people here have never consumed alcohol from an open container (including at tailgates), or urinated in a public place (including at tailgates)?

You and I have very different impressions of the sort of people that hang out in this forum.

I could go on like this forever, by the way.  Ever played loud music for bunch of people at a party?  Possible violation of both nuisance laws and copyright laws.

Yes, some people are more law-abiding than others.  But it's absurd to think that's the only variable in terms of who gets in trouble and who doesn't. The discretion of law enforcement plays a huge role.
No, you said that right now you think 75% of the people here have illegal drugs or firearms. That is absurd. 

You are going way, way out of your way to be unreasonable here in order to make your point valid.  We all know there are laws/rules that are rarely enforced.  Most people know what they can get away with and that does not make them a bad person or a criminal.  There are times when we actually do get caught doing these things though and we pay the price, usually just a fine.  It's the habitual offenders that I'm talking about.  Once you get in trouble, it's not that hard to not do it again.

If you get arrested for an DUI it's really not that hard to not let it happen again.  If you lose your license for going 30 over the speed limit it's really not that hard to keep within a few mph of the speed limit in the future.  If you're under probation it's not that hard to stay low key for a while.  Just because a person doesn't want to do it doesn't make it hard to do. Be smart.
I would have thought that popping a wheelie on a dirtbike is a violation of a law/rule that is rarely enforced (actually I didn't even know it was a violation of the law at all), but Meek Mill got arrested for it, and that's who you're saying should have known better. 

Also, it's hard to stay low key when you're famous.

Indeed he did.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

The NFL is now thinking about a new idea - keeping teams in the Locker Room during the National Anthem next season.

That’s almost as bad as kneeling! When will the highly paid Commissioner finally get tough and smart?

This issue is killing your league!.....
Stupid to even comment since only a handful of players are still sitting.

Crazy talk  :crazy:

You're missing the entire point I was making.  Everyone breaks laws, especially the numerous small ones like jay walking.  My point was about repeating those same mistakes.  If you get in trouble for playing loud music but go on to keep doing it then you deserve to be fined.  You shouldn't be surprised or upset.  This is the whole point, don't do stupid things after you have already gotten in trouble for it or are on probation.  Once again, be smart.

No, you said that right now you think 75% of the people here have illegal drugs or firearms. That is absurd. 
No, I said 75% possess at least one, and many of them do so illegally. Read it again.  The number was just a random guess and the point isn't really that important, but I didn't say what you think I said.

In any event, my post was a reply to your statement that "everyone isn't a criminal. Most are law abiding citizens."  That's simply not true.

No, I said 75% possess at least one, and many of them do so illegally. Read it again.  The number was just a random guess and the point isn't really that important, but I didn't say what you think I said.

In any event, my post was a reply to your statement that "everyone isn't a criminal. Most are law abiding citizens."  That's simply not true.
Whatever you want to believe but it's absurd. 75% of the people here are not doing whatever you are trying to claim.

You're missing the entire point I was making.  Everyone breaks laws, especially the numerous small ones like jay walking.  My point was about repeating those same mistakes.  If you get in trouble for playing loud music but go on to keep doing it then you deserve to be fined.  You shouldn't be surprised or upset.  This is the whole point, don't do stupid things after you have already gotten in trouble for it or are on probation.  Once again, be smart.
Sure, that makes sense. But I missed the point because the person who you were criticizing in your original post didn't repeat the same mistakes. He make different "mistakes," if you can really even call them that.

I would have thought that popping a wheelie on a dirtbike is a violation of a law/rule that is rarely enforced (actually I didn't even know it was a violation of the law at all), but Meek Mill got arrested for it, and that's who you're saying should have known better. 

Also, it's hard to stay low key when you're famous.
If it was his first offense then I don't see it as too big of a deal even though it seems like a dumb thing to do since it can be dangerous to himself and others.  It's reckless driving.  If he was on probation then I think it's really dumb to do something like that.  If you're someone that authorities are keeping their eye on then you should be more careful.  This isn't rocket science.

How did a seemingly intelligent & educated person like you appear to be can in a position to be sent to jail? It’s ok if you don’t want to say but I’m actually blown away by this revelation .

:thumbup: for straightening your life out

Sure, that makes sense. But I missed the point because the person who you were criticizing in your original post didn't repeat the same mistakes. He make different "mistakes," if you can really even call them that.
He was on probation.  That's enough for me to say, HEY! Stop doing stupid stuff right now.  There's a reason you're on probation.  Seriously, this shouldn't be a difficult concept.

"I don't really know what you're saying, but you're wrong"

Gotta admit, I can't really argue with that logic.  Tip of the hat.
No, I know what you are saying. You are tripping all over yourself right now. Deal with it. 75% of the people here do not have illegal drugs or firearms and most are law abiding citizens. 

If it was his first offense then I don't see it as too big of a deal even though it seems like a dumb thing to do since it can be dangerous to himself and others.  It's reckless driving.  If he was on probation then I think it's really dumb to do something like that.  If you're someone that authorities are keeping their eye on then you should be more careful.  This isn't rocket science.
That's certainly a reasonable expectation. My question is whether it's fair or desirable.  Do we want to live in a world where getting busted for drugs a decade ago means you have to live your entire life in constant fear that your next move will put you back in prison for years even if it's something as innocent as popping a wheelie? Or a world where getting busted for drugs a decade ago means you can't travel out of state even if your livelihood depends on it? I don't want that, and I assume the people who are protesting are making a similar argument.

Jaywalking?   :lmao:

Open Container?   :lmao: :lmao:

What are we comparing criminal acts too?  75% of posters on this forum possess illegal drugs or firearms?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  Is this still the Kaep thread or did it change to the absolutely ridiculously hilarious false equivalences thread?

How did a seemingly intelligent & educated person like you appear to be can in a position to be sent to jail? It’s ok if you don’t want to say but I’m actually blown away by this revelation .

:thumbup: for straightening your life out
It wasn't anything crazy.  Wasn't like a jail sentence.  Just spent the night in jail for a DUI back when I was 21.  I was released the next day and was able to finish up the rest of my time with house arrest for a couple days.\

I was one of those people pissed off at the police and the system at the time.  I got pulled over because I was a young person with a bunch of other young people in my car late at night.  He saw that I had a license plate light out which was his excuse to pull me over and ask if I had been drinking.  It was a new cop and I was his first arrest and I knew that if it was the other cop in town he would've let us go if we could get a sober driver to pick us up.  It was a really crappy process to go through and I learned my lesson.  I realized that it wasn't BS that I got pulled over because I was driving drunk regardless of the reason he pulled me over.

It's been 13 years now and I have never driven drunk since.  I may have a couple drinks when I do have to drive but I am very careful about being under the limit.  Usually if I know I have to drive I just don't drink anything at all.  It's not that hard.

No, I know what you are saying. You are tripping all over yourself right now. Deal with it. 75% of the people here do not have illegal drugs or firearms and most are law abiding citizens. 
 Here's the post.  I clearly said that (a) the number was just a guess and (b) I was talking about any possession, not just illegal possession (otherwise there would be no need to add "many illegally" to the end of the sentence).

I know you hate me; maybe that clouds your ability to read clearly where you see an opening to criticize me. So maybe it would be best if you just ignored my posts in the future? Anyway, I hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

Here's the post.  I clearly said that (a) the number was just a guess and (b) I was talking about any possession, not just illegal possession (otherwise there would be no need to add "many illegally" to the end of the sentence).

I know you hate me; maybe that clouds your ability to read clearly where you see an opening to criticize me. So maybe it would be best if you just ignored my posts in the future? Anyway, I hope you have a good Thanksgiving.
Hate you? We don't hate like certain other people do. Have a good Thanksgiving too and don't go breaking any laws. And I won't ignore your posts when your arguments are absurd.  :thumbup:

Such an odd topic to take a stance on.  The guy sold drugs and carried a gun illegally. Those are pretty serious crimes.  Then he went on to violate parole.  The judge is the judge and they thought it was an appropriate ruling. 

Now if this judge is overly harsh on black folks, show me those facts and we can talk about it. 

Hate you? We don't hate like certain other people do. Have a good Thanksgiving too and don't go breaking any laws. And I won't ignore your posts when your arguments are absurd.  :thumbup:
Throws out some ridiculous claim.  Gets called out for it.  Then accuses you of hating him (it's a freaking internet forum lol).  And begs you to ignore him so you won't call out his nonsense claims.  Good times.  Guy has to be a lawyer in real life.

Hate has no home here. 

Seriously we are all on a message board with a shared interest on the day before Thanksgiving . How can one poster actually hate another

Such an odd topic to take a stance on.  The guy sold drugs and carried a gun illegally. Those are pretty serious crimes.  Then he went on to violate parole.  The judge is the judge and they thought it was an appropriate ruling. 

Now if this judge is overly harsh on black folks, show me those facts and we can talk about it. 
I think most people would claim that the sentencing alone is evidence that the judge is overly harsh on black folks.  And regardless of the individual judge's record, there's certainly plenty of evidence that sentencing practices in general are overly harsh on black folks  It makes perfect sense to me that people would choose this case as a representative one to protest given the particularly harsh sentence and the visibility of the person sentenced.

Users who are viewing this thread