What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

Funny.  Quick search of the board shows the last people to use snowflakes are you (this post), culdeus, Bucky86, Koya, Doug B, Bucky86 again, James Daulton, Tobias, Tobias, Dickies, Tobias, and Bucky86.  That covers the last month.  Looks like Bucky and Tobias need to learn to chill, right?
OK I'll play for kicks. How do you feel about the whole Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas thing?

Does this involve Kaepernick?  Marshawn Lynch?  America and/or Mexico?   What in the world does that have to do with a totally misguided post about "snowflakes"?
You took exception to my use of snowflakes. I'm now referencing something the right seems to get all worked up about these days. Hence, my post.  

Please don't do the insulting sweeping generalizations like this. 
With all due respect Joe, it's all right there with Trump. He has refused to condemn Moore and we know his stance in Charlottesville. And we know how and who he's attacked with the kneeldown stuff and Hill and now Ball and others. If you want me to edit out Trumpian and replace with Trump I will do that to avoid any generalizations. But again, with all due respect, I am not stating anything that isn't factually accurate about Trump.  

ETA - I changed Trumpian to Trump. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You took exception to my use of snowflakes. I'm now referencing something the right seems to get all worked up about these days. Hence, my post.  
Oh, deflection as many of you guys call it.  Or moving the goal posts.  Got it.

I didn't take exception to your use of the word.  I just pointed out that I don't think the people using the word was your target audience.  Was I incorrect?

Oh, and I don't give a crap if you say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or anything else.

Oh, deflection as many of you guys call it.  Or moving the goal posts.  Got it.

I didn't take exception to your use of the word.  I just pointed out that I don't think the people using the word was your target audience.  Was I incorrect?

Oh, and I don't give a crap if you say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or anything else.
The target audience was people who cry out snowflake and get worked up about things like Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

If that does not include you then there's no reason for you to respond now is there. 

The target audience was people who cry out snowflake and get worked up about things like Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

If that does not include you then there's no reason for you to respond now is there. 
:lmao:

Now you're going on some crazy false equivalence and stating the only people allowed to respond are those included in your attack?  Just stop man before this gets more hilarious.  I doubt Bucky and Tobias and others that love to use the word snowflake really get worked up about Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays but perhaps I'm wrong?

Now you're going on some crazy false equivalence and stating the only people allowed to respond are those included in your attack?  Just stop man before this gets more hilarious.  I doubt Bucky and Tobias and others that love to use the word snowflake really get worked up about Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays but perhaps I'm wrong?
I don't recall them being the first to use that term prominently or push it toward the FoxNews crowd but maybe I missed it.

No false equivalencies. I just don't understand responding to something that, by your own admission, has nothing to do with you. But hey knock yourself out. 

I don't recall them being the first to use that term prominently or push it toward the FoxNews crowd but maybe I missed it.

No false equivalencies. I just don't understand responding to something that, by your own admission, has nothing to do with you. But hey knock yourself out. 
Pretty sure that happens thousands of times a day on a message board with this many posters.  Pretty sure you've jumped into conversations regarding topics that have nothing to do with you too.  Carry on though.

I don't know where the term originated or who uses it when.  Were you talking about this forum or the general public?  I just know, and showed you, that the people using it on this forum probably surprised you.

With all due respect Joe, it's all right there with Trump. He has refused to condemn Moore and we know his stance in Charlottesville. And we know how and who he's attacked with the kneeldown stuff and Hill and now Ball and others. If you want me to edit out Trumpian and replace with Trump I will do that to avoid any generalizations. But again, with all due respect, I am not stating anything that isn't factually accurate about Trump.  

ETA - I changed Trumpian to Trump. 
Thanks. Trumpian is way different than Trump. Don't make the sweeping generalization trolling shots like that. 

Thanks. Trumpian is way different than Trump. Don't make the sweeping generalization trolling shots like that. 
Understood. For the record I'm not a troll and don't believe I should be called one or have that inferred about me. My history on these boards bears that out rather clearly in my opinion.

But I understand your point and edited my post earlier. 

Drop it. You guys going back and forth is not what we want. 

The Trump Check List:

Black athletes and commentators = Bad

Nazi's, racists, Republican sexual predators = Good

#MAGA

Edited 41 minutes ago by packersfan
I consider this trolling.

hth

Just trying to build bridges so we can move forward. 

With it being Thanksgiving week let’s all try to play nice 

I consider this trolling.

hth

Just trying to build bridges so we can move forward. 

With it being Thanksgiving week let’s all try to play nice 
I consider it factually accurate when it comes to Trump. I'd be more than happy to correct anything in the post that is incorrect.

My point wasn't to troll. I'm not a troll and certainly don't behave like one in this forum. The point is to again point out who this person is and what is happening in our country as a result of his behavior. The things all of us are now being subjected to that at any other time in our life would never have possibly occurred. I don't think we should lose sight of any of it in order to ensure it never happens again. 

. The things all of us are now being subjected to that at any other time in our life would never have possibly occurred. I don't think we should lose sight of any of it in order to ensure it never happens again. 
This is the greatest time to ever be alive on this planet. You make it sound like we are living while the holocaust is happening 

Seriously? Who lived better 50years ago , 100 , 250 , 500 , 1000years ago , who??
Yes I'm serious. How much do you think the following are enjoying life in our country in the past year?

Women

Minorities

Homosexuals and transgendered

Dreamers and other legal immigrants

The elderly and others who could be losing valuable Medicade. 

I'm a white educated heterosexual male with a good job and a good income. The chances of Trump doing anything that would directly impact me negatively (short of nuclear war) are probably remote. But my concerns are not just for myself. 

Yes I'm serious. How much do you think the following are enjoying life in our country in the past year?

Women

Minorities

I'm a white educated heterosexual male with a good job and a good income. The chances of Trump doing anything that would directly impact me negatively (short of nuclear war) are probably remote. But my concerns are not just for myself. 
So women, minorities, homosexuals and transgendered, the eldery and immigrants had it better 50, 100, 250 and so on years ago?

Women

Minorities

Thanks for backing up my point  :thumbup:

Women

Minorities

Depending on where you live he may be about to jack up your taxes.

I also think that women are enjoying the fallout from the abuse of power/sexual harassment stuff.  This has been going on a long time.  It’s about time it saw more light.

Depending on where you live he may be about to jack up your taxes.

I also think that women are enjoying the fallout from the abuse of power/sexual harassment stuff.  This has been going on a long time.  It’s about time it saw more light.
True. Good point. 

I don't know if I'd say women are enjoying what's going on right now. It's fair to say they're happy things are being exposed. But are they really enjoying all of this? I suppose that's possible maybe.

You aren't having a good day here. 
I'm just trying to understand how life in this country is now better for the groups I listed. You can take another shot at me instead of answering the question if that works for you but I'm legitimately interested to find out the answer to that, assuming there is one.

I'm just trying to understand how life in this country is now better for the groups I listed. You can take another shot at me instead of answering the question if that works for you but I'm legitimately interested to find out the answer to that, assuming there is one.
Can you name me a better time to be alive 

Can you all who have been on his case just answer how its better for those groups now with the current POTUS...rather than just trying to go in circles asking more questions?
1st off keep up with the program. I stated 1st that this is the greatest time for humans to be alive. He stated otherwise . I stand by my statement. 

Cripes almighty everything so political , everything partisan politics. 

And all it took was a racist getting put in the White House.  I'd expect to see things getting better over the next few years as minorities make their voices heard.  This is all being done in spite of The Republican Party. 

It's fascinating right now, especially with Social Media recording everything.  There's a large group of racists and idiots right now who's children and grandchildren are going to be ashamed of them.  

1st off keep up with the program. I stated 1st that this is the greatest time for humans to be alive. He stated otherwise . I stand by my statement. 

Cripes almighty everything so political , everything partisan politics. 
I would think again he stated just fine that prior to Trump taking office things were better for those certain groups.

Do you disagree?

Yes I do . Medical advances alone . Everything politics everything politics everything politics everything politics everything politics 
A.  Its the political forum...we are talking about the politics of things.

B.  Medical advances that would have happened no matter who was in office.

A.  Its the political forum...we are talking about the politics of things.

B.  Medical advances that would have happened no matter who was in office.
It was better to be alive during the Black Death . It was better to be alive at anytime in history prior to 2017. You are right . So is packers , you guys are right . It sucks now . Oh the humanity, as Beaver Cleaver would say.

It was better to be alive during the Black Death . It was better to be alive at anytime in history prior to 2017. You are right . So is packers , you guys are right . It sucks now . Oh the humanity, as Beaver Cleaver would say.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Things aren't bad as several here want to believe just because Trump is President. 

I guess Trump can hang up the Mission Accomplished" banner on his MAGA, right?

Users who are viewing this thread