What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Michael Penix Jr., ATL (2 Viewers)

And you're preaching to the choir about needing multiple quarterbacks.

I thought Chicago should have kept Justin Fields, even before they gave him away for absolutely nothing. That was an incredibly unpopular opinion. I also thought Washington was stupid to trade away Howell.

But keeping a solid quarterback on a rookie contract or signing a serviceable vet on a cheap contract is far different than Cousins.

It was very interesting that the Raiders/Vikings/Falcons (that we know of) preferred Penix to McCarthy, according to the internet.

As a Falcon fan...I've been off the bandwagon for quite some time. I thought they moved on from Matt Ryan WAY too late and always felt they held him in higher regard than the rest of the league. And the Arthur Smith era was a dumpster fire pretty much from the get-go. In short, I don't think the Falcons have been honest with themselves as a franchise as to who they are actually are. 78-101 since appearing in the 2012 NFCCG.

When they signed Cousins, I thought 'more of the same'. He takes a franchise that has been a bottom feeder franchise aside from 1 aberration of a season to 'high-mid'. On a year to year basis and then when that year pops up...lets get back into the QB game. Fact is they aren't winning a SB IMO with Cousins.

Yes, Penix likely sits until 2026...but if he winds up starting that first year at the age of 26, then we're talking at least a decade of being a franchise QB if he turns into that. And most people very much like the player.

Users who are viewing this thread