What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB Kevin Harris, South Carolina (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
According to The Draft Network, South Carolina RB Kevin Harris came out a winner after his testing.

Although he didn't run the 40, Harris (5'10/225) put some good numbers in the other athletic testing -- He did 21 reps on the bench press, 38.5-inch vertical leap, and a 10-foot-6 broad jump. Harris is known more as a short-yardage back who's good in between the tackles, so his ability to show that explosiveness should have some teams interested.

SOURCE: Ben Portnoy

He had a much better sophomore season as he led the SEC in rushing in 2020 but had what was described as minor back surgery during the summer of 2021. He was cleared for contact in late August and then played his junior season before declaring for the draft and performing very well in those burst tests.

Had 185/1138/15 and 21/159/1 his sophomore season
and 152/660/4 and 11/89 his junior season where he split with ZaQuandre White. 

He did have 31/182/1 in the Mayo Bowl most recently in December. I don't know if he was banged up coming back from his surgery and he is finally 100%, IDK if he will even be drafted but I wanted to start a thread. He has feature back size and obviously power.

https://youtu.be/HmDTxxOpXj4

Nice to see a topic about this guy. Player Profiler's podcast certainly mentions him some. Feature back size, but not testing in the forty sort of sours me. Well, not sort of. It just does. 

Nice to see a topic about this guy. Player Profiler's podcast certainly mentions him some. Feature back size, but not testing in the forty sort of sours me. Well, not sort of. It just does. 
Once again, draft capital and landing spot will be the key here 

Yeah his 2020 was so much better. He's an angry runner in that Chris Carson type of mold. I doubt there's much there from a fantasy spot, but an NFL team will love the dude. 

I know he was called up from the practice squad for depth purposes only, but I have been fond of him in the past. Anything to see here?

Harris apparently had fumbling issues in his limited time with NE. Given the pecking order of the RB, he’s likely the third option behind Stevenson and Strong this week. Stevenson looks primed for 20+ carries and 5 targets. Strong and Harris will get the leftover breadcrumbs.

In the same situation last year (Damien Harris out against CLE), RS had 20 carries and 5 targets. Bolden and Taylor combined for 9 carries and 3 targets. Stevenson should see two thirds of the total workload again this week.

Harris apparently had fumbling issues in his limited time with NE. Given the pecking order of the RB, he’s likely the third option behind Stevenson and Strong this week. Stevenson looks primed for 20+ carries and 5 targets. Strong and Harris will get the leftover breadcrumbs.

In the same situation last year (Damien Harris out against CLE), RS had 20 carries and 5 targets. Bolden and Taylor combined for 9 carries and 3 targets. Stevenson should see two thirds of the total workload again this week.
No doubt Harris is just backup fodder, but wouldn't it be a hoot if he shined?

No doubt Harris is just backup fodder, but wouldn't it be a hoot if he shined?

It's a great opportunity for him...I think most people believe Damien Harris will be wearing a new uniform next year so this will be an audition for 2023 if he gets some time...he (and Strong) did not show much in preseason so it will be interesting to see how much they get used.

Last edited:
Scooped him up in my 16-team dynasty.

The price was right and maybe he’ll flash a little. 5’11 235 sounds bolling ball-ish, so we’ll see how he’s used.

Users who are viewing this thread