What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Adonai Mitchell, IND (16 Viewers)

Tyler Forness
Got my first all-22 exposure to Adonai Mitchell tonight and I came away impressed. Such an effortless athlete that moves with intent and doesn’t waste motion

Pete Bartausky
Adonai Mitchell (Texas WR) has the talent to be a late 1st round pick in the NFL Draft.

✅6 ft 4 in
✅Smooth route runner
✅Understands leverage and spacing
✅+ Body control
✅126.8 QB Rating When targeted
✅1 drop this season

He can sit on my dynasty bench but otherwise I very much see him as a project.
There's just not enough production and as someone that watched a lot of parts of Texas games, I don't even remember him making big catches in clutch situations.

I wasted a lot of years in dynasty to come to the conclusion the only projects I'm taking on are super high measurables (already cut him but Dowell Titans better than both U of Tennessee WRs at proday) aggressive wins at catch point or blazing speed.

"Overall he looks good and has all the tools"....fifth grade fart noise, I'm not falling for that again

Blake Munroe
#Horns WR Adonai Mitchell had only ONE drop for the 2023 season on 86 targets. Mitchell caught 55 passes for 845 yards (15.4 YPC) & 11 TD.

His drop rate % is the lowest of all "top tier" WRs in the '24 NFL Draft.

Here's some of his best plays from this past season:

Daniel Harms
Adonai Mitchell, Texas WR #5, is working as the X against a CB with inside leverage. Stems this vertical with inside intention, then gives the head and body to the post while the CB opens his hips to the sideline. The CB course corrects, and Mitchell blows by him downfield.

Steve Smith Sr.
.@MoCityMitch is top 🖐️ in his position class

📺: bit.ly/3V4wPyO

#CutToIt✂️ #TexasFootball #Texas #texaslonghorns

Brett Kollmann
The Adonai Mitchell episode is now live, folks. Here's a snippet of it where I explain why he reminds me of CeeDee Lamb, and what his role at Texas actually was. Link to the full video is below.

Snoog’s Dynasty Society
The Ceedee Lamb/Adonai Mitchell comp couldn’t be worse in my opinion

Adonai Mitchell will never be able to move like this after the catch, it’s actually his biggest weakness…

#NFLDraft2024

I see the nuance flashes and movement, just ceedee was a different breed and insanely explosiveness.

Ray G
He plays like CeeDee to me. I'm not projecting him to be 88, but the way he moves and his body position at the catch point are smooth like Ceedee, but I agree on different players. Film/Data

Snoog’s Dynasty Society
Nobody in this class besides maybe Nabers was on ceedee’s level of explosion/yards after catch ability imo.

Adonai Mitchell struggled big time in this area throughout his career, but he’s silky smooth and the body control I can see I think it’s just hard for me to ignore the YAC when Ceedee was a Monster YAC prospect

I've watched every single UT game since ... heck, probably the late-90's. I watched Mitchell a lot this year since there was a good bit of hype with him coming over from UGA. I wasn't all too impressed. He SHOULD have been the "alpha" and it seemed like he disappeared way too much. CeeDee Lamb comparisons? Come on, not even in the same stratosphere.

Analytics Twitter does not like.
I saw a tweet that lumped him in with the likes of Darrius Heyward-Bey, Ted Ginn Jr., Henry Ruggs, Anthony Gonzalez, and Craig "Buster" Davis as WR's drafted in the 1st round to never have a 15+ PPG collegiate season. Unlikely that he goes in the first round in the first place, but just thought that was interesting.

Is he going to catch passes at the combine? Or has he already? Steve Smith didn't like him because he catches the ball with his body 90% of the time. I find that percentage hard to believe.

Last edited:
These two tweets paint one interesting prospect to me: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1764026627086786975

Height: 6-2 2/8
Weight: 205
Broad: 11-4
Vert: 39.5
40: 4.35

11 TDs / 1 drop in 2023

On top of it all: AD Mitchell played in 5 College Football Playoff games over the past 3 seasons. He scored a touchdown in each of those 5 games.

He’s an odd one. Shows up on a ton of bad lists for analytic production. Looks the part though, seems to be a gamer, and was very impressive today.

From Football Insights twitter account:

Round 1-2 WRs since the 2018 Draft at a <2.0 YPRR in college (via PFF)

DK Metcalf
Dante Pettis
Van Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Terrace Marshall
Tyquan Thornton
Jonathan Mingo

2024:
Keon Coleman
Brian Thomas Jr
Adonai Mitchell
Xavier Legette
Ricky Pearsall
Ja’Lynn Polk
Ainias Smith

These two tweets paint one interesting prospect to me: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1764026627086786975

11 TDs / 1 drop in 2023

On top of it all: AD Mitchell played in 5 College Football Playoff games over the past 3 seasons. He scored a touchdown in each of those 5 games.

He’s an odd one. Shows up on a ton of bad lists for analytic production. Looks the part though, seems to be a gamer, and was very impressive today.

DK Metcalf
Dante Pettis
Van Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Terrace Marshall
Tyquan Thornton
Jonathan Mingo

2024:
Keon Coleman
Brian Thomas Jr
Adonai Mitchell
Xavier Legette
Ricky Pearsall
Ja’Lynn Polk
Ainias Smith
Not sure how I feel about this.

Tex

11 TDs / 1 drop in 2023

DK Metcalf
Dante Pettis
Van Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Terrace Marshall
Tyquan Thornton
Jonathan Mingo

2024:
Keon Coleman
Brian Thomas Jr
Adonai Mitchell
Xavier Legette
Ricky Pearsall
Ja’Lynn Polk
Ainias Smith

Outside of DKM that first group is a boulevard of broken dreams.

11 TDs / 1 drop in 2023

DK Metcalf
Dante Pettis
Van Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Terrace Marshall
Tyquan Thornton
Jonathan Mingo

2024:
Keon Coleman
Brian Thomas Jr
Adonai Mitchell
Xavier Legette
Ricky Pearsall
Ja’Lynn Polk
Ainias Smith
TBH that's a little jarring to see because I like a lot of those guys in that 2024 class.

11 TDs / 1 drop in 2023

DK Metcalf
Dante Pettis
Van Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Terrace Marshall
Tyquan Thornton
Jonathan Mingo

2024:
Keon Coleman
Brian Thomas Jr
Adonai Mitchell
Xavier Legette
Ricky Pearsall
Ja’Lynn Polk
Ainias Smith
TBH that's a little jarring to see because I like a lot of those guys in that 2024 class.

I like Pearsall, Thomas, and Mitchell to varying degrees but all of their landing spots and draft capital really matter to me. Any or all could be erased from my board. I hope they aren’t.

Legette is bottom left corner of so many charts I can’t even describe.

I’m definitely not pure analytics but I start there while I’m waiting for the combine and draft to refine who I’m going to watch a lot of tape on.

Another guy I think people are sleeping on. When I watched him play, I see another Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle. This guy is actually both taller and faster than both those guys. I am not a big college football guy, but from the film (highlights) I watched from this guy, he looks exactly like one of the Top WR prospects from any other year.

I think this WR class is just so stacked that people are overlooking this guy. No clue about his college production, but the tape is electric. I don't pick early enough to get Malik Nabers or any of the other stud WR, but if those guys are A prospects, this guy is a B+. If he's available in the 2nd Round of the NFL Draft, somebody is getting a steal.

Last edited:
Another guy I think people are sleeping on. When I watched him play, I see another Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle. This guy is actually both taller and faster than both those guys. I am not a big college football guy, but from the film (highlights) I watched from this guy, he looks exactly like one of the Top WR prospects from any other year.

I think this WR class is just so stacked that people are overlooking this guy. No clue about his college production, but the tape is electric. I don't pick earlier enough to get get Malik Nabers or any of the other stud WR, but if those guys are A prospects, this guy is a B+. If he's available in the 2nd Round of the NFL Draft, somebody is getting a steal.
Have 1.3 and 1.9. Would love to grab Odunze (assuming MHJ and Nabors go 1-2) and Mitchell. Hoping a couple of the QBs go early and I can get him

Adonai Mitchell is not faster than Jaylen Waddle

Adonai ran a 4.34 at the combine. Waddle ran a 4.37 whenever. He didn't run at combine so it's a Pro Day number or something.

If you want to argue speed in pads, sure, but then we might as well not even look at 40s at all if we are going to draw our own conclusions anyway, but as far as what is available for 40 times, Adonai is technically faster.

Just the facts daddy oh. If they both ran 40 yards, Adonai would finish first based on the information we have available. It's probably more accurate to say they have about the same speed, I get it, but apples to apples Adonai is the same caliber of athlete as far as straight line speed goes.

Last edited:
Josh Norris
Not sure if Adonai Mitchell's production has been in question

but **earning** 52 targets as a true freshman on a National Championship team with Brock Bowers, Ladd McConkey, James Cook, Jermaine Burton and Darnell Washington is pretty cool

Second most on the team

Here's 66 seconds of exceptional ball tracking by Adonai Mitchell

this level of body control is so captivating

Doug Farrar
Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

PLUSES

-- Great vertical speed, but it's Mitchell's speed cuts that will put defenders in blenders; he can cut and re-set at full speed without losing ground, which is a rare attribute. That speed also allows him to cross a cornerback's face before the cornerback knows what to do about it.

-- Sinks into his breaks on digs and slants like a five-year NFL veteran; he's really well-formed and practiced as a route-runner overall.

-- Can be a YAC addition to a receiver room with open space in front of him; Mitchell is especially tough to deal with on hitches and comebacks.

-- Has an extra gear in the open field, and will accentuate it with subtle movements as deep defenders converge.

MINUSES

-- Mitchell's contested catches are made more through speed and separation than force; you can take him out with physicality to a degree.

-- Let's just say that he's not the first guy you'll have in mind when it comes to blocking for other receivers on screens and run plays.

-- Not especially physical in traffic. He doesn't dry up and blow away with defenders converging, but it's not an attribute.

-- Had just 11 explosive receptions last season, but I could see that total double in the right NFL offense; there were only so many deep balls to go around with Texas' roadrunners.

Mitchell is one of My Guys this year. I love his ability to get free with moves that a lot of NFL receivers haven't mastered yet. As long as you scheme him into space to a point and let him cook, he can be a devastating explosive weapon. Not a small guy at 6' 2¼" and 205, and if he can develop a bit more dawg in him, he absolutely has WR1 potential at the next level.

The 33rd Team
Reminder - Adonai Mitchell

- Has a better 40 time (4.34) than Garrett Wilson (4.38)

- Has a better vertical (39.5") than Julio Jones and OBJ (38.5”)

- Has a better broad jump (11'4") than DK Metcalf (11’2”)

- Is taller (6'2 1/4") than Justin Jefferson (6'1 1/4")

Adonai Mitchell has ELITE athleticism 💪

He has the top relative athletic score for any player in this year's draft 🦸‍♂️

Mitchell's score also puts him in the top 0.01% athletically for any WR drafted since 1987 😯

📸: @MathBomb

Users who are viewing this thread