What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Ladd McConkey, LAC (1 Viewer)

32BeatWriters
“Georgia wide receiver Ladd McConkey has a reputation among scouts as one of the best route runners in the draft class. And he is the best route runner at the Senior Bowl.

Midway through the first American team practice -- the second Senior Bowl practice of the day -- McConkey has been uncoverable. Working in one-on-one drills against cornerbacks, he routinely created space with crafty, speedy footwork off the line of scrimmage. Whether it was against press or soft coverage, McConkey was open on every rep. A top-50 prospect on my board, there’s still room for McConkey to creep into the back end of Round 1.”

Elite Drafters
Ladd McConkey continues to impress with his elite route running. He is 2nd in class in YPRR vs Zone only behind Malik Nabers.

McConkey analytics are in the Chase, Jefferson, and Puka area for this strength.

McConkey is rising up my board he has been hovering in the WR8-10 area and now will move up to WR6 behind Xavier Worthy, Franklin, Odunze, Nabers, and MHJ.

He's my WR4. I could see him going as high as the Texans at #23 at the moment.

It blows my mind that anyone could prefer guys like Xavier Worthy, Keon Coleman or Adonai Mitchell to him.

Hell, draft capital wise, I'd rather trade down and get McConkey at the end of round 1, than take Odunze in the top-10, and I don't dislike Odunze.

It blows my mind that anyone could prefer guys like Xavier Worthy, Keon Coleman or Adonai Mitchell to him.

Hell, draft capital wise, I'd rather trade down and get McConkey at the end of round 1, than take Odunze in the top-10, and I don't dislike Odunze.
I don't think McConkey will go anywhere near the 1st round in the NFL draft, but I could be wrong.

I'm getting vibes from what I've read so far that this is someone I end up taking in my rookie draft and not regretting it one bit, the question is when do I pull the trigger

Cop out to compare him to Cooper Kupp? Slighter frame but very similar strengths and likely to thrive in that type of precision route scheme where short area quickness is so important.

Bucs just signed GA’s WR coach and OC Liam Coen is from the McVay tree. Wonder if he’s on their radar.

Last edited:
Cop out to compare him to Cooper Kupp? Slighter frame but very similar strengths and likely to thrive in that type of precision route scheme where short area quickness is so important.

Bucs just signed GA’s WR coach and OC Liam Corn is from the McVay tree. Wonder if he’s on their radar.
Possibly a bit of a cop out. Kupp's like the best-case scenario of this type of player, but McConkey is quite a bit faster than Kupp ever was. I'm almost tempted to say Tyler Lockett is a decent comp, but he's 2 inches shorter. Its possible I'm trying too hard to not compare him to a white WR though.

Assuming they keep Evans (which feels highly likely) is WR considered a big need for TB? In my head I was thinking OL or DB was where the 1st round was likely to go, with maybe an outside shot of an edge rusher if someone falls.

I think a few teams in that late 1st range would be interesting fits. Philly, Houston, Buffalo, Baltimore, maybe even Miami.

McConkey’s a first round pick? I was thinking 3rd. Feel like it’s such a deep WR class and his size is going to turn teams off.

McConkey’s a first round pick? I was thinking 3rd. Feel like it’s such a deep WR class and his size is going to turn teams off.

Aside from the big 3, I don't believe anyone is a lock for the first.

After the combine, we will get a much better idea. Keon Coleman, for example, has been ranked mid-late first since September, and from what I can tell there's no real reason he's still there. He's my pick to drop down to mid 2nd on the rankings after the combine.

I wouldn’t doubt in the second in the NFL draft.

That's what I meant.

If he goes in the second round of the NFL draft, I doubt he lasts until the third in dynasty. I think he's more like in the 2.03-2.08 range as we speak, and I suspect that will move up with draft capital.

If he goes in the second round of the NFL draft, I doubt he lasts until the third in dynasty. I think he's more like in the 2.03-2.08 range as we speak, and I suspect that will move up with draft capital.
People who know better than me expect him to run really well at the combine.

If the white 6' slot guy runs in the 4.4s, and goes anywhere in the 2nd round to anything resembling a decent landing spot, he's in 1.10-1.12 range easily, right?

Easy comps to Kupp, Jakobi, Amon Ra. Volume slot guy. And he's not 5'10!! He's a big slot. Those guys have good seasons sometimes.

If the white 6' slot guy runs in the 4.4s, and goes anywhere in the 2nd round to anything resembling a decent landing spot, he's in 1.10-1.12 range easily, right?

I was just giving a range from published rankings. I'd have him right there if that happens, yes. Even if he runs a 4.5. I happen to like what I've seen and heard.

I like Coleman over him, but McConkey always seemed to make the big play for 2 years

Everyone always seems to mention this guy in closing- praise for three or four as wonderful prospects and then oh BTW I love McConkey too.
It seems to me like a guy some team will be thrilled with in the second or third round.

Jamie Eisner
A player who is spoken more highly of in NFL circles compared to social media: Georgia WR Ladd McConkey.

McConkey had a strong Senior Bowl and is an exciting prospect because of the variety of ways he can be used/align. He’ll be a Day 2 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

And by Day 2 I mean Round 2. Not going to edit the tweet and have it show up 5 times in your feed.

Mina Kimes
Both @mikerenner_ and I are big fans of Georgia WR Ladd McConkey--but I didn't see this comp coming (before anyone freaks out please note that Mike added several caveats 😭)....

New pod previewing the combine: apple.co/2RV6YWp

YouTube: youtube.com/watch?v=mBJwUu…

Ladd McConkey Gets an All-Pro Comparison Ahead of the NFL Combine
McConkey bandwagon is starting to fill up a bit. AB is a lofty comp, but they do win in somewhat similar ways, and I noticed the same thing about top CBs looking lost against McConkey. Its almost unfortunate he went to Georgia and not a more pass heavy team.

Users who are viewing this thread