What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Ladd McConkey, LAC (3 Viewers)

Separating Ladd, Pearsoll, Worthy, Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, Wilson and Legette is unnecessary until we have draft capital and situations resolved. It's a tier of 8 that seems to have broken away from another tier of 7 or 8, but there's no clarity where they will be drafted. I'm sure different teams value them differently based on their existing wr rooms and potential use of the rookie they draft.

Separating Ladd, Pearsoll, Worthy, Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, Wilson and Legette is unnecessary until we have draft capital and situations resolved. It's a tier of 8 that seems to have broken away from another tier of 7 or 8, but there's no clarity where they will be drafted. I'm sure different teams value them differently based on their existing wr rooms and potential use of the rookie they draft.
Although draft capital certainly plays a role, I find it helpful to see discussion on the prospects no matter how close the grouping as everyone sees things a little bit differently.

Although draft capital certainly plays a role, I find it helpful to see discussion on the prospects no matter how close the grouping as everyone sees things a little bit differently.

I don't see the discussion helpful, but it is interesting. Such a deep class. Such a variety of prospects. I've spent countless hours watching them and reading expert opinions. In 12 days we'll have such better information. That will be helpful. But I don't want to discourage discussion. More is better. 11 days before the first batch get drafted. Then day 2. Seems like an eternity.

Since this is Ladd's thread, I'll add this. Him, Pearsoll and Wilson all seem like the same basic guy to me. 5-11 to 6', 185-190, 4.39 to 4.41, + route runners, great hands, good intangibles. Put them on the Chiefs, Chargers, and Pats and now I have them ranked (in that order).

I don't see the discussion helpful, but it is interesting. Such a deep class. Such a variety of prospects. I've spent countless hours watching them and reading expert opinions. In 12 days we'll have such better information. That will be helpful. But I don't want to discourage discussion. More is better. 11 days before the first batch get drafted. Then day 2. Seems like an eternity.

Since this is Ladd's thread, I'll add this. Him, Pearsoll and Wilson all seem like the same basic guy to me. 5-11 to 6', 185-190, 4.39 to 4.41, + route runners, great hands, good intangibles. Put them on the Chiefs, Chargers, and Pats and now I have them ranked (in that order).
In particular to guys outside the top tier, I look for guys who seem to play with a “football fire.” Pearsall stand out to me in that group. Back to Ladd…

Personally, I don't think Mitchell or McConkey belong in that tier, I think they are up there with Brian Thomas.

Like, tier 1: Harrison. tier 2: Nabers/Odunze, tier 3: Thomas, Mitchell, McConkey: tier 4: those other guys, plus Burton in my opinion.

Personally, I don't think Mitchell or McConkey belong in that tier, I think they are up there with Brian Thomas.

Like, tier 1: Harrison. tier 2: Nabers/Odunze, tier 3: Thomas, Mitchell, McConkey: tier 4: those other guys, plus Burton in my opinion.

Ladd's overrated imo. It's not that he can't be really good; it's that there's a list of guys I prefer more than you (more than most). He's sitting at wr12 in my rankings. :2cents:

The negative character stuff with Burton seems to be real, but who knows. I'm listening to him interview right now. Seems fine. Wish we had better information about this stuff. I have him a bit higher than Ladd, fwiw. He's a stud. He was the best wr on the field when Bama played Texas. 2 Tds called back or he'd have had 3. If he falls over character concerns, he gonna be a steal.

I think 19-20 of these wrs can make a fantasy impact. Some are gonna bust for sure. Camp will tell us more.

Ladd's overrated imo. It's not that he can't be really good; it's that there's a list of guys I prefer more than you (more than most). He's sitting at wr12 in my rankings. :2cents:

The negative character stuff with Burton seems to be real, but who knows. I'm listening to him interview right now. Seems fine. Wish we had better information about this stuff. I have him a bit higher than Ladd, fwiw. He's a stud. He was the best wr on the field when Bama played Texas. 2 Tds called back or he'd have had 3. If he falls over character concerns, he gonna be a steal.

I think 19-20 of these wrs can make a fantasy impact. Some are gonna bust for sure. Camp will tell us more.
I totally agree there could be 20 WRs in this class, who are WR3s or better in the NFL.

Personally, I think McConkey is among 7 WRs, that I think can be #1 WRs. I think Troy Franklin can too, if he can add some more weight, without losing speed, and his combine was indeed about him being sick. I do worry about any of them going to the Panthers/Pats in round 2, maybe getting a slower start.

Burton gives me some Michael Gallup (pre-knee) vibes, of being a deep threat that can be dangerous if treated as just a guy. I like him a lot in round 3.

Take him over every WR not named MHjr, Odunze, Nabers or Thomas jr. Unless he lands in a bad situation, followed by Worthy if he also lands well.

Fwiw, this is how Ladd sits at 12 for me.

4 Brian Thomas Jr.
5 Xavier Worthy
6 Adonai Mitchell
7 Troy Franklin

8 Keon Coleman
9 Jermaine Burton
10 Xavier Legette
11 Ricky Pearsall
12 Ladd McConkey

It's not faulting him. I've always had Franklin close to BTJ, and think he's the most overlooked lately. Pearsall looks and sounds a little more advanced technically and has such sick hands. He and Ladd have higher floors but I have them behind higher ceiling guys. :shrug:

Waldman has Worthy at 4. He's not the only one. Then many have him lower than all these guys. He and Franklin the most polarizing?

I totally agree there could be 20 WRs in this class, who are WR3s or better in the NFL.

Personally, I think McConkey is among 7 WRs, that I think can be #1 WRs. I think Troy Franklin can too, if he can add some more weight, without losing speed, and his combine was indeed about him being sick. I do worry about any of them going to the Panthers/Pats in round 2, maybe getting a slower start.

Burton gives me some Michael Gallup (pre-knee) vibes, of being a deep threat that can be dangerous if treated as just a guy. I like him a lot in round 3.
Pats might not be that bad of a landing spot if they stick at 3 and take a QB. Not a ton of competition for targets there.

Fwiw, this is how Ladd sits at 12 for me.

4 Brian Thomas Jr.
5 Xavier Worthy
6 Adonai Mitchell
7 Troy Franklin

8 Keon Coleman
9 Jermaine Burton
10 Xavier Legette
11 Ricky Pearsall
12 Ladd McConkey

It's not faulting him. I've always had Franklin close to BTJ, and think he's the most overlooked lately. Pearsall looks and sounds a little more advanced technically and has such sick hands. He and Ladd have higher floors but I have them behind higher ceiling guys. :shrug:

Waldman has Worthy at 4. He's not the only one. Then many have him lower than all these guys. He and Franklin the most polarizing?
Funnily enough, if you swap McConkey and Worthy, that's pretty close to my ranks.

Bob McGinn's draft series begins

Excerpt:

LADD McCONKEY, Georgia (5-11 ½, 186, 4.43, 2): Redshirted in 2000 before starting 21 of 39 games from 2021-’23. “He’s very good,” one scout said. “He’s an easy evaluation. My only concern is can he stay healthy.” Missed five games last season with back and ankle injuries. “He’s the best route runner of the bunch,” a second scout said. “Precise, determined, tough, instinctive as hell. Really good hands. But he’s little, make no mistake about it.” His short shuttle of 3.97 was the best among wideouts. “Hunter Renfrow-type,” said a third scout. “He’s a slot. Quick, good hands, doesn’t make big plays. Now he’s been hurt — a lot.” Finished with 119 receptions for 1,687 (14.2) and 14 TDs. “I didn’t realize he was as fast as he was,” said a fourth scout. “That kid can flat-*** run. He’s got all the skills. He’ll be a starter in the slot. He’ll be like those New England guys. He’s probably faster. This guy really has speed.” Exceptional student. “I’m a fan,” said a fifth scout. “That guy will be exactly where the (quarterback) tells him to be. Some of these other guys, you don’t know what they’re going to do.” From Chatsworth, Ga.

Users who are viewing this thread