What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Ricky Pearsall, SF (1 Viewer)

Jim Nagy
WRs that translate to NFL can do three things:

1) Win with release
2) Win at breakpoint
3) Win at catch-point

@GatorsFB WR Ricky Pearsall (6007v, 193v, 9 1/8 hand) did all those things consistently at @seniorbowl, locking himself into Day 2.📈

🧵 1/3
#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE

Jim Nagy
While Ricky Pearsall projects primarily as slot, he has plenty size & vertical speed to provide legit outside flex.

Pearsall hit 20.45 mph (@ZebraSports) in Mobile, which is faster than rookies that cooked this year like Tank Dell, Jayden Reed, Rashee Rice, & Dontayvion Wicks.💨

🧵2/3

Jim Nagy
Ricky Pearsall's suddenness breaking people off was on full display at @seniorbowl.

If he goes in third round, where most NFL teams have him right now, @S1ickSzn will out-produce many of more talked about & higher-mocked junior wideouts next season.

Bookmark it.

🧵3/3
#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE

Brett Whitefield
Ricky Pearsall is a nasty, sophisticated route runner. He has a plethora of tools to pair with fantastic explosiveness in and out of his breaks.

Pre-combine he scores inside my top-5 WRs of the class.

Here’s a solid minute of him slaying younglings like Darth Vader.

Scott Barrett
Ricky Pearsall top-5? 😳

Currently consensus WR15.

(Would like to remind everyone @BGWhitefield isn't a hot take artist. Just bold, and uncommonly frequently right. He comp'd Puka Nacua to Justin Jefferson this time last year and I called him crazy.)

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50: 2024 NFL Draft prospect rankings 2.0

Excerpt:

Pearsall is a loose, smooth wideout with outstanding hands and toughness. He is quick in his release and he understands how to change gears as a route runner. He is fluid getting into and out of breaks. He has outstanding hands. He attacks the ball at the highest point and makes some circus catches (SEE: one-handed gem vs. Charlotte). After the catch, he is quick to transition up the field and has the elusiveness to make defenders miss in space. He has a lean frame, but he plays with excellent toughness and competitiveness. Pearsall followed up an excellent 2023 season with a solid week at the Senior Bowl and should have a starting role from Day 1 for his drafting team.

Heard an interesting comp yesterday- Calvin Ridley. Not big or strong enough to win consistently on the line and outside but super shifty and able to get open at will unless he’s being jammed.

Matt Harmon
Ricky Pearsall #ReceptionPerception segment is up on my YouTube channel. One of my favorite prospects from this year's wide receiver class. Refined route runner with excellent hands.

I have him rated quite high. You should too

Bob McGinn's draft series begins

Excerpt:

RICKY PEARSALL, Florida (6-1, 191, 4.42, 2): Bailed out of Arizona State in April 2022 after starting 12 of 30 games from 2019-’21. Led the Gators in receiving each of his two seasons. “Some people like him but I really love the guy,” said one scout. “Really good route runner. In a deep class, I could see him getting passed up. I don’t think people put him in the conversation with the real guys. When it’s all said and done he’ll be one of the best receivers in the group.” Ran the fastest 3-cone of any wideout this spring (6.64). “I had him in the third (round),” another scout said. “All of a sudden he runs a 4.41 and I put him in the second. He’s a faster Cooper Kupp. More of a slot type although he played ‘X’ and ‘Z’ there. Good hands.” In five seasons he caught 159 passes for 2,420 (15.2) and 14 TDs. “He might be in the (Luke) McCaffrey-McConkey slot group,” said a third scout. “He ran fast, too, but I didn’t see that on tape.” From Chandler, Ariz.

Did not see that coming with Xavier Legette, AD Mitchell, Ladd McConkey, Troy Franklin and Keon Coleman there.

Odd pick but we'll see how it shakes out. He's a good Slot WR, but there were 3-4 outside WR I think could have gone ahead of him.

Did not see that coming with Xavier Legette, AD Mitchell, Ladd McConkey, Troy Franklin and Keon Coleman there.

Odd pick but we'll see how it shakes out. He's a good Slot WR, but there were 3-4 outside WR I think could have gone ahead of him.
I think he’s perfect for Kyle and Brock.
Easily the highest riser so far.

Users who are viewing this thread