What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Scott, CHI (1 Viewer)

This is the best WR prospect people aren't talking about. He is small but a true junior, hits the efficiency/target metrics people like and was on Feldman's Freak List with a sub 4.3 forty, 40 inch vert, 11 foot broad and a squat 3.5 times weight. Love him.

This is the best WR prospect people aren't talking about. He is small but a true junior, hits the efficiency/target metrics people like and was on Feldman's Freak List with a sub 4.3 forty, 40 inch vert, 11 foot broad and a squat 3.5 times weight. Love him.
I don’t get all the mock draft love. I don’t think he’s a day 2 WR. Probably a day 3, if that. KR/PR, some upside.

He’s tiny and fast. There’s a bunch of those dudes this year.

I don’t get all the mock draft love. I don’t think he’s a day 2 WR. Probably a day 3, if that. KR/PR, some upside.

I think he is 2nd round. He's probably the fastest, strongest and youngest of the small fast WRs.

I think he is 2nd round. He's probably the fastest, strongest and youngest of the small fast WRs.
So, so many - they’re so tiny. It’s adorable.

His raw stats don't jump out at you with 54/889/9 but this is a junior and it's a solid chunk the Cinci passing offense.

He had 22% of team receptions, 28% of the receiving yards and 40% of the TDs.

He had a good yards per reception so he wasn't just being used in a gimmicky Rondale Moore type role (see Downs and Tank Dell)

Last edited:
What is his size? That is the question. I've seen betwween 5'10" and 5'11" and then between 177 and 185 for his weight. If he comes in at 5'11" 185 and runs sub 4.3 with a 40 inch vert and 20 reps on the bench he is going to be a hot name. Not sure if he can maintain a higher weightand all of that athleticism though. Combine is huge for him.

Last edited:
Tyler Scott and Jalin Hyatt are basically the same guy in my opinion. In my eyes, that means Hyatt is overrated, I think they should both be 3rd round guys, but I think if you like Hyatt, you should love Scott even later.

Tyler Scott and Jalin Hyatt are basically the same guy in my opinion. In my eyes, that means Hyatt is overrated, I think they should both be 3rd round guys, but I think if you like Hyatt, you should love Scott even later.

Question because he is a player I have not spent a lot of time on...nothing too special #'s at Cincy...why do you think he will be able to produce better #'s at the NFL level (unless I am assuming that and you don't think he will)?

Question because he is a player I have not spent a lot of time on...nothing too special #'s at Cincy...why do you think he will be able to produce better #'s at the NFL level (unless I am assuming that and you don't think he will)?
I don't think his numbers will be better in the pros, but 900-9 isn't bad at all. In Cincinnati's case, they aren't a prolific passing team. Tyler Scott put up better numbers than Alec Pierce did the season before, and that was with a QB nowhere near as effective as Desmond Ridder was.

I think Scott profiles as a vertical slot type, ala Darnell Mooney or a poor man's Tyler Lockett.

That said, I think that's exactly what Hyatt offers too, and he gets mocked in the 30-45 range, while Scott is pretty much universally a 3rd rounder.

Bears selected Cincinnati WR Tyler Scott with the No. 133 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Scott (5’10/177) was a high school running back recruited by numerous Power Five programs, but he ultimately opted to stay in Ohio and play for the Bearcats. He didn’t see much action as a freshman but got on the field more in his second season. Scott earned a full-time role in 2022 and posted a true breakout campaign with a 54-899-9 receiving line. Despite his size, Scott played primarily on the outside, beating corners with his route-running and blazing speed. Scott doesn’t have the physicality to consistently beat man coverage and also committed more than his fair share of drops. He only has two years of playing time as a receiver under his belt, so there’s more room for him to grow than most prospects. If he hits his ceiling, Scott could look something like T.Y. Hilton at the next level. Still only 21 years old, Scott is a projectable talent for the Bears' improving receiver corps.
Apr 29, 2023, 1:34 PM ET

Bears got a steal here, I thought Scott had round 3 talent. Not sure I love the landing spot but I actually am a believer in Fields. DJ Moore becomes the clear top target but I don't have any faith in Claypool, he is gone after this year. Mooney is recovering from ankle surgery and is a FA after this season. It's probably a bit too much to ask Scot to outplay Mooney but he could find himself as Mooney's replacement for 2024 and beyond. It might not be the most lucrative fantasy position but I like his chances of sticking around (relative to his 4th round dynasty adp of course).

Bears got a steal here, I thought Scott had round 3 talent. Not sure I love the landing spot but I actually am a believer in Fields. DJ Moore becomes the clear top target but I don't have any faith in Claypool, he is gone after this year. Mooney is recovering from ankle surgery and is a FA after this season. It's probably a bit too much to ask Scot to outplay Mooney but he could find himself as Mooney's replacement for 2024 and beyond. It might not be the most lucrative fantasy position but I like his chances of sticking around (relative to his 4th round dynasty adp of course).
I love this pick for the Bears and really hope Scott turns into a solid pro. I think your assessment of the situation is probably correct.

Couple quick notes from the Bears Rookie minicamp. Mooney is running behind schedule on his rehab; Bears are hopeful he is ready for minicamp.
Tyler Scott went up against 2nd rd pick Tyrique Stevenson multiple times and Stevenson "won" the matchup every time. Those two trained together prior to the draft and Stevenson claimed he already knew how to shut him down. Not looking much into that, but also not the first story you want to hear about a kid either.

Bears got a steal here, I thought
Scott
had round 3 talent. Not sure I love the landing spot but I actually am a believer in
Fields
DJ Moore
becomes the clear top target but I don't have any faith in
Claypool
, he is gone after this year.
Mooney
is recovering from ankle surgery and is a FA after this season. It's probably a bit too much to ask Scot to outplay
Mooney
but he could find himself as
Mooney
's replacement for 2024 and beyond. It might not be the most lucrative fantasy position but I like his chances of sticking around (relative to his 4th round dynasty adp of course).
I love this pick for the Bears and really hope
Scott
turns into a solid pro. I think your assessment of the situation is probably correct.

Couple quick notes from the Bears Rookie minicamp.
Mooney
is running behind schedule on his rehab; Bears are hopeful he is ready for minicamp.

Tyler Scott
went up against 2nd rd pick Tyrique
Stevenson
multiple times and
Stevenson
"won" the matchup every time. Those two trained together prior to the draft and
Stevenson
claimed he already knew how to shut him down. Not looking much into that, but also not the first story you want to hear about a kid either.
Yep, his chances of being even Darnell Mooney 2.0 are low but I am willing to be patient with him.

I love this pick for the Bears and really hope Scott turns into a solid pro. I think your assessment of the situation is probably correct.

Couple quick notes from the Bears Rookie minicamp. Mooney is running behind schedule on his rehab; Bears are hopeful he is ready for minicamp.
Tyler Scott went up against 2nd rd pick Tyrique Stevenson multiple times and Stevenson "won" the matchup every time. Those two trained together prior to the draft and Stevenson claimed he already knew how to shut him down. Not looking much into that, but also not the first story you want to hear about a kid either.
Hopefully that is more a Stevenson is awesome story.

Keeps making a move at the line of scrimmage then the DB is toast and everyone is getting too excited over those plays.
He's a rookie so he'll be jammed at the LOS until he can beat press coverage and they simply need to see him do more WR routes than deep

Justin Fields first completion to a WR this season was to this guy. Ended with two targets and two catches for 14 yards. The team seems to really like the guy and he’s a capable route runner who is shifty with 4.4 speed. With all the negativity around Claypool, he’s worth a pickup and stash in deeper dynasty leagues.

Any thoughts on this guy as we close out the season? Not a lot of production but a few plays that show he has some incredible wheels. A lot of variables with Chicago’s upcoming draft make it hard to say if he will have a growing roll or not.

I think the plan was always to have him replace Mooney at the end of the season. We opened the year thinking we had a top notch WR group and knew that both Claypool and Mooney were FAs at the end of the year, Worried we wouldn't be able to sign both if they had good seasons.

Claypool is gone and Mooney played his way right out of town. DJ Moore and Scott are the only two WRs under contract for next year, so it's wide open.

Kid flashed throughout the year, but also showed us he is a rookie multiple times. Chicago WRs and QB situation
Make it tough to evaluate Scott.

Ultimately he will get a chance next year to fill an important role, so I think he is worth stashing.

No clue what Chicago does at WR this off-season. It's a major need and I think they look to bring in a solid WR via FA. Tons of WR depth this year, so that pick might slip to their early third.

I was underwhelmed with him and dropped him in dynasty. Mooney played the worst ball of his career and it sure seemed like the bar would have been low to replace him and it seemed like Scott couldn’t get his head out of the way of the bar. He’s probably got welts on his forehead still. But maybe I just caught the wrong clips and missed the good things he did.

Just flashes which means nothing

Ya absolutely must have some sort of reliable production for even dynasty so you can't creep him up some ranking for flashes.

To reiterate- you cook one good meal a week, are you a good cook?

He's definitely going to be going against free agent and draft competition with so few under contract so....I just leave him as flashing only.

Cedric Tillman is same description, for example. Without a trenchcoat, I can have a list of flashers ranked beneath a list of young WRs that showed some reliable production.

Users who are viewing this thread