What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commissioner Question regarding utility players such as Taysom Hill, are there any others this year? (1 Viewer)

ramsfan

Footballguy
Hi All, last year Taysom Hill was listed as a TE on MFL, and was playing QB, so putting up monster stats as a TE. Luckily right before he went off, he got dropped after a few bad games, and so as commissioner I just made him ineligible to roster, which prevented all sorts of drama and controversy.

I plan to do this to start this season again with Taysom Hill. My question is are there are another such players to consider making non-rosterable? For example, years ago Corderelle Patterson was listed as a WR but playing RB (maybe Ty Montgomery as well).

Thanks!

Why is this is a problem? Everyone has a chance to get the guy. As long as you aren't changing positions mid season and everyone knows ahead of time his eligibility then no reason to do anything.

Why is this is a problem? Everyone has a chance to get the guy. As long as you aren't changing positions mid season and everyone knows ahead of time his eligibility then no reason to do anything.
It was an issue last year, because MFL had him as an RB, and then Hill took over the QB role for the Saints. MFL would not change his position leaving it up to the Commissioners to make those decisions". To me, it's worth avoiding the drama.

So? I know it was a playoff game, but McCaffrey played QB for SF when Purdy got hurt, woiuld you prevent him from being drafted? In my dynasty league of 22 years now, I had no issue with with Hill playing QB listed as a TE, or with any player not playing their listed position. Would you be upset with a player listed as a WR and was in the backfield at the RB position?

Last edited:
It was an issue last year, because MFL had him as an RB, and then Hill took over the QB role for the Saints. MFL would not change his position leaving it up to the Commissioners to make those decisions". To me, it's worth avoiding the drama.
Why did you have to do anything? Our league bylaws state that a players position is locked in at the time of the draft. It's pretty cut and dry. This is usually more of situation on the IDP side of things but the concept is the same.

Did your league complain or did you just decide on your own to do something? At the very least it should have gone to a league vote because this is a somewhat unique situation but it's not that big of a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread