What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cougar stalks hiker for 6 minutes. (2 Viewers)

Saw this yesterday.  Thankfully I have never seen a big cat in the woods and I never want to.  I always try to make as much noise as possible, mostly to give snakes a chance to get away - I don't want to see them either.

I know if you encounter a bear, you are supposed to try to make yourself look big, wave your arms,  and use a deep voice, back away slowly and not trigger the chase instinct.  I assume its the same thing with mountain lions?  Dude probably handled that about as good as he could have.
He handled it pretty well. I would've been throwing rocks at that thing like an mf'er.

That guy definitely handled it well, although I was stunned at the end when the cougar took off finally and he decided to talk to the phone camera about it instead of getting the hell out of there quickly.

I was wondering if instead of putting it on the gram he could have used his phone to find some loud siren with flashing lights or something.  Wouldn't be super easy to find with all the adrenaline pumping granted.
Yep, if a cougar is walking me down from a distance of fifteen feet for six straight minutes I’m definitely spending a couple of those in the App Store looking for “siren app with flashing lights.”    

🐆              🚨📢

Yep, if a cougar is walking me down from a distance of fifteen feet for six straight minutes I’m definitely spending a couple of those in the App Store looking for “siren app with flashing lights.”    

🐆              🚨📢
"See, kitty, the police are coming!"

Dude’s mistake was seeing cute cubs and deciding to walk towards them and video. And the cat wasn’t stalking him or he’d be dead. 
:goodposting:

I like to hike and I've never encountered a bunch of young, cuddly, babies....of an apex predator.  My first reaction would be to get the hell out.

ETA

This would have been good advice to myself some years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
It was another guy. Those were big gators and it was almost more o

Slightly different for bears, and varies by type. Summary here.
That link seems more like an if you don’t have bear pepper spray you’ve got a chance against a black bear but your SOL against the other two. I mean play dead for the grizzly and hope the go away or have hand to hand combat against a polar bear. Sounds like a great chance of survival. Love the description of fighting the polar bear like you’re Mike Tyson, get in close so you hit the sensitive areas and avoid the claws but don’t forget that they could bite your head.

Users who are viewing this thread