What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Creation Museum (1 Viewer)

Is the state still subsiding this obviously religious institution with tax dollars?
To my knowledge (I live in KY) it is not, although I hear there are quacks from all over the country that come to this thing, so I suppose there are some tourism dollars brought in.

Is the state still subsiding this obviously religious institution with tax dollars?
To my knowledge (I live in KY) it is not, although I hear there are quacks from all over the country that come to this thing, so I suppose there are some tourism dollars brought in.
I believe the state gave them 40 million directly in 2011 and the budget proposed an over 40 million in tax break for the 2012-2013 tax year along with over 10 million in road improvements for the park. Of course education spending was slashed, state police budget was cut and in general there were sizable cuts proposed to most state services.

I believe the state gave them 40 million directly in 2011 and the budget proposed an over 40 million in tax break for the 2012-2013 tax year along with over 10 million in road improvements for the park. Of course education spending was slashed, state police budget was cut and in general there were sizable cuts proposed to most state services.
This thread is about the museum, not the theme park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same people.

Same people.
True, Mr. Ham is behind both of them.

Lucy is the “poster girl” of human evolution, a member of the same family from which modern humans arose. At least that’s how artists present Lucy in secular museums.
Lol at "artists". Those scientists and their silly art.

Same people.
True, Mr. Ham is behind both of them.
That Ham is everywhere. Where does he find the time?

eh

not too sure why this should bother anyone
Because when we replace science with magic thinking we end up in trouble. When we indoctrinate future citizens with woefully inadequate scientific knowledge or mislead them to think science is evil we suffer as an economy and as a country.

eh

Because people like putting down others that are different in order to feel better about themselves.
Not at all. I also come down on people who do junk science and try to pass it off as good work. This is no different than junk science. It hurts more than it helps and it causes ignorance of real world science which is necessary to make real world decisions on policy.

eh

Because people like putting down others that are different in order to feel better about themselves.
Not at all. I also come down on people who do junk science and try to pass it off as good work. This is no different than junk science. It hurts more than it helps and it causes ignorance of real world science which is necessary to make real world decisions on policy.
If you say so.

eh

Because when we replace science with magic thinking we end up in trouble. When we indoctrinate future citizens with woefully inadequate scientific knowledge or mislead them to think science is evil we suffer as an economy and as a country.
freedom lets people make choices you or I disagree with

some would argue when we indoctrinate children with liberal ideals the same happens, others would argue conservative ideals do.

freedom, it is america

if you don't like it, don't go

Does it bring in tourism money?

I mean, look at it this way, I'd understand the issue if they got money that was supposed to be for educational purposes. But if that money was for tourism purposes and the park brings in tourists, then does it matter as much?

I mean, look at it this way, I'd understand the issue if they got money that was supposed to be for educational purposes. But if that money was for tourism purposes and the park brings in tourists, then does it matter as much?
By funding it the state is choosing to support a particular religious view. Do you think they would be giving an Islamic museum money?

eh

Yes, because how the world got here changes how we should act right now today so much...

Oh and I see lots of rolling eyes. That hurts. Well no it doesn't. Don't really care what you think you know about my motivations.

eh

Yes, because how the world got here changes how we should act right now today so much...
Of course it does Larry. Or else you end up with people who think dragons existed.

By funding it the state is choosing to support a particular religious view. Do you think they would be giving an Islamic museum money?
If they could justify that it would bring in tourists and revenue to the area, I would assume that they would.

There isn't anyone there pushing to make an Islamic museum, though. Do you know why? Because there aren't millions and millions of "Islamic tourists" looking to go to a random museum in Kentucky. There are, however, TONS of Christians who would go to Kentucky (or already live there) who would go to something like this.

eh

Of course it does Larry. Or else you end up with people who think dragons existed.
if by "dragon" you mean "giant lizards", then, yes, I think we all believe they existed. I'm so glad that we can finally get that cleared up.

Last edited by a moderator:
eh

I think I know what you did there..

If they could justify that it would bring in tourists and revenue to the area, I would assume that they would.

There isn't anyone there pushing to make an Islamic museum, though. Do you know why? Because there aren't millions and millions of "Islamic tourists" looking to go to a random museum in Kentucky. There are, however, TONS of Christians who would go to Kentucky (or already live there) who would go to something like this.
Exactly. It's all for money.

eh

We also have people who think we never landed on the moon, time travel has occurred, the sitting president is part of some grand Illuminati scheme to create a new world order (that one persists through presidents amazingly), and most obsurd of all, if i name any Hollywood hottie there will be a subset of people who think she is somehow below their level.

you are never gonna convince everyone, IF they want a place to gather and discuss their beliefs so be it.

Outrage over public schools teaching this stuff, that is well placed. This museum is simply not worth the time to disparage

Do they say how the two kangaroos got from Ararat to Australia? Cause that one's always bugged me.

Rayderr said:
NCCommish said:
Rayderr said:
eh

If you say so.
You can't possible support or defend any organization that teaches complete :bs: under the name of science can you?

Users who are viewing this thread