What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CV-19/Delta Reality: Son's unvaccinated grandparents are in the emergency room and fighting for their lives. (1 Viewer)

This is a sad story. But at this point in our nation, anyone that wants the vaccine already has it. Cases where people on their dead bed regret not getting their shots and want to be a cautionary tale for others won't get their wish because it will fall on deaf ears. 
In some cases yes. In others no. I have family and friends previously opposed or ambivalent who are getting vaccines now (today in fact for one) because of what is going on. Don’t give up on your loved ones. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a sad story. But at this point in our nation, anyone that wants the vaccine already has it. Cases where people on their dead bed regret not getting their shots and want to be a cautionary tale for others won't get their wish because it will fall on deaf ears. 
I'm 100% certain if my wife's best friend (who spouts all the anti-vax BS to her, I ####### hate her), ends up hospitalized or dead due to covid, my wife will run out and get the vaccine the next day. I'm not rooting for this to happen though, 😕

You can also be overweight and diabetic and have mild symptoms. Saying "it will kill you" is inaccurate statement by the doctor also.
To clarify, that was a hypothetical statement that I made up. The point was that my late FIL would have been blunt with his high-risk patients. Don't get too caught up in the specific language.

Yep.  But that lets a bunch of folks pretend they get a free pass.
-This drills down to the nerve or problem and makes me think of Sylvia Sydney's terrific line in Beetlejuice, "Never Trust the Living". People think they are the epitome of healthy when in fact many of these folks are not. You can be skinny and still not very healthy, its not all weight and exercise. 

-I have one friend that is in excellent shape, works outside 5-6 hours a day minimum as a painting contractor for mostly country clubs and high end coastal homes around the area, does almost all of it himself. No soft tummy and the guy is like 55 years old, looks younger but he's still 55 and he won't get vaccinated or his in shape wife but I don't try and persuade them any more than I do my brother who thinks he is god's gift to being fit and they are both lean and trim and very active but I do worry about losing someone I actually care about at some point, that would be pretty sad. 

That's why if my wife, myself, my son/his g/f all vaccinated then we should have no issues hanging out together and doing things as a family, this shouldn't impact us directly but yet it is somehow and we're here. 

The free pass remark really hits home for me. 

The worst thing they did on these news networks was showing pictures of Sen Graham-SC getting vaccinated and then coming out and saying he was Covid-Positive, that really slowed the train down IMHO...

I thought we had 70% vaccinated and then i started peeling thru some recent numbers and it looks like only 50% of Florida is vaccinated and that's with the vast majority of Seniors taking the vaccine and I bet plenty on the 55+ crowd so I simply ask is it like 15% that are in the 25-34 crowd that have gotten vaccinated, how about 45-55...is that like 33%? Something has to balance out all the Seniors who took the vaccine. Why is Florida on Delta Fire right now?

My son works at the Boise State medical office, processing people to get the shot and interpreting for those that need it.  He said vaccine rates have been going up steadily the last 10 days. Let's hope that keeps happening.

The worst thing they did on these news networks was showing pictures of Sen Graham-SC getting vaccinated and then coming out and saying he was Covid-Positive, that really slowed the train down IMHO...

I thought we had 70% vaccinated and then i started peeling thru some recent numbers and it looks like only 50% of Florida is vaccinated and that's with the vast majority of Seniors taking the vaccine and I bet plenty on the 55+ crowd so I simply ask is it like 15% that are in the 25-34 crowd that have gotten vaccinated, how about 45-55...is that like 33%? Something has to balance out all the Seniors who took the vaccine. Why is Florida on Delta Fire right now?
The % numbers have to be put in context. Sometimes they report % of eligible people vaccinated. Sometimes they report % of total people vaccinated. The second number is much lower than the first one because children under 12 can't be vaccinated yet. 70% eligible vaccinated but 50% total vaccinated would make sense. 

I am going to post updates mostly to share and showcase how up and down this thing is and the roller coaster as just a family member you have to go thru. 

-Aunt B, the family doctor as I have come to find out   :rant:  with no medical background I might addd is the voice for the family apparently. She informs us of the following and mind you, she herself has tested positive and is many days maybe a full week or two behind the others in the house. She is in her late 60s, maybe 70 and not in particularly great health and causes a lot of problems for my son acting as a tattle tale of sorts to outside family that never want to help out but entertain her gossip and then for whatever reason assume what she is saying is 100% true...if there was one we had to lose out of the 3 involved here, I tell you the family wouldn't miss a beat without her.

-Nana either cleaned a house or cleaned her own house yesterday and about 3 weeks since she was first sick. It appears like she is coming around but we have seen her perk up a couple times and then flatten out and have to go back to the doctor. 

-Papa is about 70 and he is in the hospital for at least another 3-4 days they say so he can be monitored...I still am not sure he makes it out of the hospital but we will see. 

That's about all I have at the moment. I appreciate all the good vibrations even those that roll their eyes and sit on their high horses, we need you as well, it's good to balance the scales out.

I will only add that the majority of hospitalized Covid patients are overweight and diabetic. 
You are correct but what does that do to entice healthy folks to go get a shot of something that they likely can ward off naturally? Legit question since rogue stories run by the media showing a healthy person here and there getting sick doesn't seem to be sinking in for a lot of folks. This goes back to @Mrs. Rannous was posting about the "free pass" and that is a very important piece of the puzzle that has to be worked out or folks need to come clean and get honest about the nature of a good chunk of humans...laziness and you give em an inch they will take a mile. Example "Vaccinated folks are welcome" and the dishonest man/woman says "I'm vaccinated" and of course that is a lie but they don't see it that way because they believe they are not doing anything wrong and that's really the underlying rub that folks don't want to really address. 

And then you have other folks ready to hold crucifixions live on TV for the unvaccinated which IMHO is not helping things.    

We have some pretty good news to report and I'll start with Papa

-Papa actually was released from the hospital last night and is home resting. He seems better and I will still hold off for a few days from truly celebrating but just getting out of the hospital seemed like a good 1st step. 

-Nana is up on her feet all day and seems to be past any threat of going South permanently from the Corona Virus, she is very lucky IMHO. 

-Aunt B's conditions have not worsened and she somehow tested positive and then negative and her doctors think she might caught one of those very rare colds you hear about. 

All 3 of them want to get vaccinated even though I would assume once you have it/had it that the actual vaccine is less important but whatever works at this point I guess is positive. 

I want to thank all of you for keeping up with this. If things change, obviously happy they are not dying but also pausing some of my own opinions until we see what happens here in Florida in the coming weeks. 

Cheers!  :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread