What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas open to trading for RB (1 Viewer)

Tornacl

Footballguy
I read that Dallas is open to trading for a RB, after they suprisingly didn't draft one. Peterson is the obvious choice of who they would trade for, but with the Cowboys' dominant OL, it is worth considering other RBs that could end up there.

Right now, there are a few RBs buried on the depth chart or in the doghouse on their current teams. Ryan Matthews ( not sure of the cap repercussions), Christine Michael, Montee Ball, and Doug Martin come to mind. With the exception of Michael, all of those guys could come pretty cheap in dynasty leagues, while their value would explode if they got the opportunity to run behind that line.

Is anyone trying to acquire any of them as throw-ins in dynasty trades?

Do any other RBs come to mind?

I hope nobody thinks they are actually happy with their RB situation.

I would bet anything they are actively trying to upgrade it.

Of course they are open to trading for a RB. You don't need to read that anywhere to know it.

I heard Jerry mention something in regards to be asking a direct question that he would be "open to dealing a top pick next year if the right RB (Peterson, I presume) was available" but he is "RELUCTANT" to do so. Context is important to provocative assumptions like this.

I took that as he was still interested Peterson, or any top or elite back out there. Not that he was interested in replacing the RBs on his roster just to replace them. I do not think its a reach to say most people think if Dallas could get a top back they would.

But this replace Randle who may be talented and McFadden who may be revived just because they dont appease fantasy owners is going over board.

I heard Jerry mention something in regards to be asking a direct question that he would be "open to dealing a top pick next year if the right RB (Peterson, I presume) was available" but he is "RELUCTANT" to do so. Context is important to provocative assumptions like this.

I took that as he was still interested Peterson, or any top or elite back out there. Not that he was interested in replacing the RBs on his roster just to replace them. I do not think its a reach to say most people think if Dallas could get a top back they would.

But this replace Randle who may be talented and McFadden who may be revived just because they dont appease fantasy owners is going over board.
Jerry Jones: I'd consider trading our 2016 first-rounder:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491914/article/jerry-jones-id-consider-trading-our-2016-firstrounder

Jerry Jones: I'd consider trading our 2016 first-rounder:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491914/article/jerry-jones-id-consider-trading-our-2016-firstrounder
Thanks, I didnt have time to find the story.

Muscle Hamster behind that line would look like a rookie again. Just sayin...
you must own martin, because he isnt any better than randle or mcfadden. he may have had a good rookie season but he doesnt look that good anymore.
And for sure Jerry Jones wouldn't trade a future 1st for D.Martin. Same for M.Ball and R.Mathews (the Eagles won't trade Mathews to a division rival anyway...and the Cowboys already have an injury-prone, upright running back).The question is: Which RB is worth giving up a future 1st for? Right now there is only one elite RB disgruntled with his current situation...

Maybe the Browns are willing to part with T.West (or Crowell) if D.Johnson pans out. But we'd be talking about arguably a future 3rd round pick here.

The problem with Pierre Thomas is he is always hurt, but he is a far better plater than McFadden. He would be a good fit.

Randle in a platoon role is fine too. McFadden is just plain horrible.

They have left themselves oddly thin, almost as though they have left a placeholder for someone they have in mind. Or does JJ really think McFadden is going to be that? Is he stuck in 5 years ago? I wouldn't put delusion past him.

And forget AP, the Vikes did zip in the draft to replace him, then they would be the one with hole in their offense.

Stacy was a prime candiodate, he's gone.

The Saints need Robinson, he's not going anywhere IMO. I don't see the point in Pierre except as a situational RB, I really don't see him being a main ball toter, he's too old and could not carry the load for more than a few games in the past. He's better than McFadden but he seems like he would be filling his role and I don't think JJ will do that, unless again he is deemed a no. 2/3 to McFadden. I think JJ believes in McFadden.

JJ is talking about difference making RBs anyway, if you read the NFL piece he's talking about if offered a RB that would/could get them to the SB in Romo's final years. That is a really short list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that they should at least sign Pierre Thomas to a non-guaranteed contract and see how he looks in camp.

Otherwise, a trade for Michael or Martin is also intriguing.

Love how they didn't spend big at rb(in terms of money and assets).

They have left themselves oddly thin, almost as though they have left a placeholder for someone they have in mind. Or does JJ really think McFadden is going to be that? Is he stuck in 5 years ago? I wouldn't put delusion past him.

And forget AP, the Vikes did zip in the draft to replace him, then they would be the one with hole in their offense.

The Saints need Robinson, he's not going anywhere IMO. I don't see the point in Pierre except as a situational RB, I really don't see him being a main ball toter, he's too old and could not carry the load for more than a few games in the past. He's better than McFadden but he seems like he would be filling his role and I don't think JJ will do that, unless again he is deemed a no. 2/3 to McFadden. I think JJ believes in McFadden.

JJ is talking about difference making RBs anyway, if you read the NFL piece he's talking about if offered a RB that would/could get them to the SB in Romo's final years. That is a really short list.
If the Saints could get good value for Khiry, couldn't they trade him and sign someone else as the backup?

If the Saints could get good value for Khiry, couldn't they trade him and sign someone else as the backup?
Sure but Robinson is young, has serious talent and has value to them, I'm not sure who is out there that matches what they get in Robinson.

They aren't getting much of anything in trade value for Khiry- he's a former UDFA who has shown flashes but hasn't really done much of anything to this point in his career.

They aren't getting much of anything in trade value for Khiry- he's a former UDFA who has shown flashes but hasn't really done much of anything to this point in his career.
And then there's that, what would they get, plus the Cowboys already have their own prospect, Randle.

The current team has to have little to no use for the Rb or some motivation to get rid of them which is why I suggested Bryce Brown

Would make sense because the Bears probably aren't contending anyway and could rebuild with a future 1st.Wouldn't make too much sense for the Cowboys though because Forte's base salary is more than six million for 2015, and Forte would like to get a contract extension.

Tony Soprano said:
Any way Ray Rice gets a look?
He certainly makes the most sense from a football perspective and The Jones Family has made it pretty clear that character toxicity is something the team readily overlooks.

I have no idea why the Cowboys didn't make an effort to grab Chris Polk. The kid is going to be a player sooner than later.

How much of an "I told you so" moment would have been created if Polk ended up being a stud in Dallas behind that line, and Murray comes crashing back to earth in Philly without it?

With the news out of Denver, maybe a Montee Ball for James Hanna trade is in order.
What news?
Rotoworld:

Broncos lose rookie TE Heuerman to torn ACL

Broncos third-round TE Jeff Heuerman suffered a torn ACL at rookie minicamp.

Heuerman is expected to miss the entire season. His loss is a blow to Denver's tight end depth, but Heuerman should make a full recovery for next year's offseason program. Virgil Green and James Casey will back up Owen Daniels. The 92nd pick in last week's draft, Heuerman battled myriad injuries in college and will be tagged with the "injury-prone" label for the foreseeable future.

Lamar Miller? Ajayi's knee concerns are more long term than short. Miller is a free agent after this season. Total shot in the dark here. Havent heard a thing about Miami trading him.

As a Miami fan and a Miller owner, would enjoy seeing this from both perspectives - but only if they can squeeze a 1st round pick out of it. Maybe delusional?

Users who are viewing this thread