What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas: Year one (1 Viewer)

Might be moving to Uptown from NY in Q1 next year to help build a new land development company that focuses on large scale mixed use and transit oriented development. 

:coffee:

"If this were my home I'd have shot myself by now. "

:oldunsure:
Is this a quote of mine? And if so, need the context...

Because as of a couple months ago, couldn't find me with one willing bone in my body to consider living in and around Dallas.

Now, NO way I'd want to live "around" it - just too much suburban hell.  Though with the advent of the DART station area developments, there are some decent pockets coming up and some new activity centers (like the Richardson DART redevelopment which now is home to State Farms regional HQ in a mixed-use transit oriented setting).

However, having attending Urban Land Institute's meeting there a month ago and a couple subsequent visits, especially to the Uptown area in particular, I must say I'm impressed.  Would I want to set up roots there? Very, very doubtful.  Would I enjoy spending a year, maybe two there until I either move back to NY or somewhere else? With what I've learned, absolutely. 

Plus, chicks are ####### hot.  Gotta keep my wife on her toes... easy to get complacent here in the tony burbs of NYC.

Might be moving to Uptown from NY in Q1 next year to help build a new land development company that focuses on large scale mixed use and transit oriented development. 

:coffee:
Let's stay on topic here.

the topic being me

Appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a quote of mine? And if so, need the context...

Because as of a couple months ago, couldn't find me with one willing bone in my body to consider living in and around Dallas.

Now, NO way I'd want to live "around" it - just too much suburban hell.  Though with the advent of the DART station area developments, there are some decent pockets coming up and some new activity centers (like the Richardson DART redevelopment which now is home to State Farms regional HQ in a mixed-use transit oriented setting).

However, having attending Urban Land Institute's meeting there a month ago and a couple subsequent visits, especially to the Uptown area in particular, I must say I'm impressed.  Would I want to set up roots there? Very, very doubtful.  Would I enjoy spending a year, maybe two there until I either move back to NY or somewhere else? With what I've learned, absolutely. 

Plus, chicks are ####### hot.  Gotta keep my wife on her toes... easy to get complacent here in the tony burbs of NYC.
Yeah, it was from Oct 26th when you were at the ULI meeting...

"I've had just enough bourbons for it to be a good show.  If this were my home I'd have shot myself by now. 

Context is a helluva thing." 

Dallas is fine and like you say, there are some areas coming up. Like everywhere else, it has its plusses and minuses. If you got a good opportunity and a nice paycheck, there are worse places to live.

Yeah, it was from Oct 26th when you were at the ULI meeting...

"I've had just enough bourbons for it to be a good show.  If this were my home I'd have shot myself by now. 

Context is a helluva thing." 

Dallas is fine and like you say, there are some areas coming up. Like everywhere else, it has its plusses and minuses. If you got a good opportunity and a nice paycheck, there are worse places to live.
Yeah... if anything, I'm willing to admit fault.   My prior visits were in the more suburban areas, driving around in ####loads of traffic, and the convention area which lacks anything close to placemaking (although some areas of downtown are coming to life with efforts on Main like the Joule and their associated properties).

Between the cost of living and these really cool urban pockets that are just sprouting up, I could certainly live there for a year or two if needed.  Ironically, would probably prefer living in an urban center like Uptown than in Austin.

I have a sincere question. I put it in here because I know a lot of people get upset if I make any new thread because they just think I'm trolling.

I can understand a bit why it seems that way but I'm always sincere. I just lack impulse control 

especially now so I haven't started a new thread because I don't want to be attacked.

basically I'm wondering if online psychiatry is worthwhile and what sites are effective but are affordable to someone who is very lower middle class.

ive looked at some sites but I can't find any pricing info.

any insight from those with experience would be appreciated.

once again this is sincere and I am in distress so please don't bash me

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sincere question. I put it in here because I know a lot of people get upset if I make any new thread because they just think I'm trolling.

I can understand a bit why it seems that way but I'm always sincere. I just lack impulse control 

especially now so I haven't started a new thread because I don't want to be attacked.

basically I'm wondering if online psychiatry is worthwhile and what sites are effective but are affordable to someone who is very lower middle class.

ive looked at some sites but I can't find any pricing info.

any insight from those with experience would be appreciated.

once again this is sincere and I am in distress so please don't bash me
Wolf! Wolf!

Users who are viewing this thread