What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Davenport Iowa (1 Viewer)

playin4beer

Footballguy
Oldest daughter got promoted and took a position in Davenport. She's moving there next week. The wife and I are out here this weekend apartment/house hunting with her. 

Any insight on the area? If nothing else, where should we eat tonight lol.. 

She moving from Grand Rapids MI.. fyi

if i were a young person, Quad Cities would meet my qualification of "just urban enough", as a place to live if the opp was right. i have a pal in nearby Clinton and Davenpoort/Moline seemed righteous river towns. but that's the thing - it's a flood plain. dunno why anyone would live in a flood plain

Kal El said:
The only thing I know about Davenport is that it was “22 mile” from the gas station David Spade and Chris Farley’s characters were at in Tommy Boy.
You're in the wrong state....get yourself a new map

Sounds like the kind of place I typically visit on work trips.   But I'm usually on the other (southwest) side of the state.  Best of luck to her.

Does she love the smell of fresh cow patties in the morning?  
As long as they don't belong to Najeh Davenport.

Seriously though, I've heard good things about the Quad Cities in general. It's been many, many years, but when I was growing up, I knew several kids from nearby Bettendorf and it always seemed like a nice place to grow up. Not sure about young adults though.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they don't belong to Najeh Davenport.

Seriously though, I've heard good things about the Quad Cities in general. It's been many, many years, but when I was growing up, I knew several kids from nearby Bettendorf and it always seemed like a nice place to grow up. Not sure about young adults though.
Peoplewise, I would imagine the quad cities to be similar to Grand Rapids. 

I’ve driven through the Quad Cities so many times and have never been compelled to check them out based on views from I-80. Meh. 

Users who are viewing this thread