What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Boston (1 Viewer)

simmonjm

Footballguy
David Boston seems to me like the wildcard at WR right now. 5 years ago this guy put up top 5 numbers and every since then he has been bulking up and getting hurt. Anyone think there is a chance he can make an impact this year for someone? He is currently unsigned and a team could probably scoop him for up a relatively cheap price. With a weak draft class at WR and scraps left in FA for WR Im thinking he might get another shot?

Like the inevitable Tyrone Calico and Correl Buckhalter hype, Boston will likely again be touted by a few staff FBG's (you know who you are) as the "value" pick, that can net you a top 10 FF WR for a late round pick.

The ability is there, but I don't think the knee will cooperate. He had swelling and pain consistently last year and never had a full chance to get in the flow. So, while the talent is still there, at least most of it, the body has broken down. I'd avoid him, even as a flyer.

Edited to add: If your league awards points for "unbelievable hygiene" bump him up your cheatsheet accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the inevitable Tyrone Calico and Correl Buckhalter hype, Boston will likely again be touted by a few staff FBG's (you know who you are) as the "value" pick, that can net you a top 10 FF WR for a late round pick.
:lmao: Oh wait, I resemble that remark... :bag:

Won't be fooled again!

Caveat Emptor, those persnickety knee problems he's had are quite consistent with the permanent cartiledge damage associated with Roids. Considering how the guy was put together and we were not yet in Iraq when he last put a year together, I'd avoid.

This is a dominating talent:

2750 Yds, 15 TDs in 2000-2001

This is a dominating talent on steroids:

5 GP, 0 GS, 80 Yds, 0 TDs in 2004-2005

:X

What a waste of flesh

Last edited by a moderator:
arizona usually has the opposite effect on players

he's done

His knees were destroyed. He can no longer start and play a full game. If he keeps his weight down, he can still be a good spot player but he will never be a full time starter again.

Keep in mind that David Boston is only 27 years old so i am still continue to hype him throughout this preseason.

Are there any pics of him recently? I suspect that, like other athletes that come off the roids, his body will degenerate.

If he stays on the "supplements" he'll get suspended, if he goes off he'll fall to pieces.

Are there any pics of him recently? I suspect that, like other athletes that come off the roids, his body will degenerate.

If he stays on the "supplements" he'll get suspended, if he goes off he'll fall to pieces.
If you are a subscriber Joe Bryant posted something about him - Week(P1) and it includes a link to this pic.ROIDS

If you are a subscriber Joe Bryant posted something about him - Week(P1) and it includes a link to this pic.ROIDS
If only he could run on his arms and catch with his feet.Nahhh.....he's just blow out his elbows.

I've been one who thinks he's worth a late pick every season, but I'm done with him now - last season told the story.

He'll never be as good as he was his first few years. San Fransisco wouldnt even sign him. I think he could maybe become a team's third receiver or something like that. As other people have pointed out, his knees are damaged goods. I dont think he'll regain a starting job unless its by default.

He is so totally done that I do not expect him to be drafted by anyone in any fantasy league at this point. I would be shocked if he ever made even close to an average contribution again.

Excuse me for my ignorance but what is so wrong with his knees? I understand he is top heavy which puts alot of stress on the knees but if Culpepper can recover from tearing a trifecta of ligaments in his knees in less than a year what makes David Boston's knees shot?

Excuse me for my ignorance but what is so wrong with his knees? I understand he is top heavy which puts alot of stress on the knees but if Culpepper can recover from tearing a trifecta of ligaments in his knees in less than a year what makes David Boston's knees shot?
When a player has mulitple knee & leg injuries, year after year, what else is there to think? :confused:

I hope he latches on somewhere. I'll be sure to talk him up. I'm pretty sure most leagues have a guy who will take him in the late rounds when his name recognition is above the rest. Love those guys. :thumbup:

I hope he latches on somewhere. I'll be sure to talk him up. I'm pretty sure most leagues have a guy who will take him in the late rounds when his name recognition is above the rest. Love those guys. :thumbup:
Shame on you Chaz. Taking advantage of guppies like that.

The bashing of anyone who will take a chance on a former star is unwarranted IMO. I took Boston and Ricky back-to-back in a dynasty startup last season, I think it rounds 21 and 22. I traded Ricky this offseason for Ahman Green and dropped Boston. Overall, that's a good return for those late picks.

The year before, it was Warner and Brees - everyone had written them off as worthless, I picked them up (and Couch - whiff) late and was able to trade them away for a good return. I got way more out of those three late picks than I would have by taking the safe picks there.

Taking shots on guys who have been written off by everyone pays off often enough that it's worth doing in limited doses IMO.

Here you go. Much different after coming off the roids. I'm not sure if he can take much of a hit from a linebacker anymore...PIC

Users who are viewing this thread