What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Dodds' Eye (1 Viewer)

I disagree from the standpoint that the subscribers have paid for a service. If the service that was bought and paid for is not up to the advertised standards, then FBG has a responsiblity to let the subscribers know.Having said that, I understand the dilemma since it was posted and will not hold the delay against FBG. In fact, I admire the honesty and appreciate the news. This is what I expect from FBG.
:thumbup: Without reading the other 3 pages of this thread, this post sums up my position as well

For the contest this year, this loss could be as bad as the Charles Rogers (over 50% owned) Collarbone incident. A whole lot people just lost their shot at a projector. :D

OK, guys, let me preface what I'm going to say with a couple of things: I'm usually on the management side of most issues around here, and I hope Dodds gets well quickly - eyes are nothing to fool around with.Now that that's out of the way, I think this situation is silly. Why is a PROFESSIONAL organization whose job it is to provide web content only one-deep in content publishing? Is he really the only guy on staff that can do this stuff? He shouldn't be. God forbid, what if he is ever out for an extended period for some reason? Does everything just stop around here?The point is simple, get a backup plan - it's WAY past time. Neither content editing nor HTML are rocket science.I also get the feeling the guys are making a lot of these much harder than they need to be. There are a lot of automated tools they could be using for things like the contest results etc. A lot of this stuff is a kinda klunky.Sorry if this seems insensitive or harsh - I don't mean for it to be. It's certainly not the end of the world. But this problem really shouldn't be a problem at this stage in the FBG development.

I wonder if LHUCKS will move Chris Brown up a notch because of this.

(get well soon, DD)
When my x-wife stops asking for her alimony payments, thats when LHucks moves C.Brown up a notch. :D

OK, guys, let me preface what I'm going to say with a couple of things: I'm usually on the management side of most issues around here, and I hope Dodds gets well quickly - eyes are nothing to fool around with.Now that that's out of the way, I think this situation is silly. Why is a PROFESSIONAL organization whose job it is to provide web content only one-deep in content publishing? Is he really the only guy on staff that can do this stuff? He shouldn't be. God forbid, what if he is ever out for an extended period for some reason? Does everything just stop around here?The point is simple, get a backup plan - it's WAY past time. Neither content editing nor HTML are rocket science.I also get the feeling the guys are making a lot of these much harder than they need to be. There are a lot of automated tools they could be using for things like the contest results etc. A lot of this stuff is a kinda klunky.Sorry if this seems insensitive or harsh - I don't mean for it to be. It's certainly not the end of the world. But this problem really shouldn't be a problem at this stage in the FBG development.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...dpost&p=1941264

Users who are viewing this thread