What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Ortiz Shot In Dominican Republic -- Still In MA Hospital, Rumors Swirl About Cause Of Attempted Murder (1 Viewer)

Heard the same on local radio news about 8:15 a.m. CDT. They also said he is expected to recover. I am curious about the medical reasons he's listed as 'stable' already versus 'critical'.
Just FYI, "stable" isn't actually a condition, though you'll often hear erroneous reports that someone is in stable condition.

Conditions include: good, fair, serious, critical. 

So if Papi is stable in the ICU, it means his vital signs are stable (which is good) but he's still in critical care, which you obviously don't want him to be.

Wow, what terrible news to start the week.  I hope the big guy pulls thru and makes a full recovery.  Hard not to wonder what he may have been into to lead to what looks like a calculated assassination attempt. 

People on Twitter speculating that he was hanging out with some Dominican rapper named Secreto, who's been in trouble in the past and who might have been the real target...

Heard the same on local radio news about 8:15 a.m. CDT. They also said he is expected to recover. I am curious about the medical reasons he's listed as 'stable' already versus 'critical'.
He is stable as he is alive at the hospital. 

He is listed as critical being he is in a hospital in the Dominican republic which increases his chances of death.

$8K American, not $400K.  Article has since been corrected.  Scary, that such a little amount of money can take someone like that out.

Never heard of him but doesn't look like I'll be heading back to d.r..  here's to a speedy recovery.

bucksoh said:
Dont watch or listen to baseball only football is the sport I follow.  Not sure about the crazy stuff I say but I believe ya!
So you can better understand why this assassination plot is a big deal:

Just think of how big an impact he’s had in the city of Boston – he’s an icon on the Mount Rushmore of Boston athletes. But he is the guy in the Dominican Republic,” Red Sox assistant general manager Eddie Romero, a Puerto Rico native, said at a Monday press conference.

“He’s more famous than any president. You think Dominican Republic, you think Pedro Martinez and David Ortiz. I’ve been awed by the impact he’s had.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1418756001

So you can better understand why this assassination plot is a big deal:

Just think of how big an impact he’s had in the city of Boston – he’s an icon on the Mount Rushmore of Boston athletes. But he is the guy in the Dominican Republic,” Red Sox assistant general manager Eddie Romero, a Puerto Rico native, said at a Monday press conference.

“He’s more famous than any president. You think Dominican Republic, you think Pedro Martinez and David Ortiz. I’ve been awed by the impact he’s had.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1418756001
Sammy Sosa down?  The resort I stayed at had a drink named after Sammy.

Headed there in January for a wedding.  Renting a villa. 

This will be my first time arranging armed guards for vacation.  Can't wait to find out how many palms will need to be greased for that.

This will be my first time arranging armed guards for vacation.  Can't wait to find out how many palms will need to be greased for that.
I've been to the DR a couple times. Both times included a few days at my friend's parents' place in Santa Domingo. They had a 24 hour armed guard. That was a trip.

Aside from this Ortiz situation the DR has also been in the news lately because there have been several incidents where tourists were attacked or died under mysterious circumstances.

Aside from this Ortiz situation the DR has also been in the news lately because there have been several incidents where tourists were attacked or died under mysterious circumstances.
My cousin was there just last week.  He said compared to 3 years ago, the whole region was sketchy as hell.

That's probably why it was so cheap!  Rest of the wedding is staying at an all inclusive.  

That's probably why it was so cheap!  Rest of the wedding is staying at an all inclusive.  
buddy of mine just got back from an AI ... he was told to not venture off the premises- now, this kid grew up in East New York, and goes to P.R. couple times a year to visit family ... even he said "no ####### way" after he ignored the warnings and ventured out for breakfast one morning ... MORNING!

buddy of mine just got back from an AI ... he was told to not venture off the premises- now, this kid grew up in East New York, and goes to P.R. couple times a year to visit family ... even he said "no ####### way" after he ignored the warnings and ventured out for breakfast one morning ... MORNING!
That's crazy knowing how sketchy Puerto Rico can be.

We will be rolling dictator motorcade style.

Users who are viewing this thread