What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Ortiz Shot In Dominican Republic -- Still In MA Hospital, Rumors Swirl About Cause Of Attempted Murder (2 Viewers)

gruecd said:

Wisconsinite here saying that unfortunately this is probably 10000% true.

I guess kinda cool that they're still together though. He met her when he was here playing "A" ball in Appleton.

In hockey terms we'd describe her as a Puck Bunny done good.

Also Boston sports fan. Deflategate was overblown IMO, but taping practices wasn’t. Fact Sox player in early 2000s doped matters to me too. Still warm to Boston sports, but general sports fandom waned as a result. I watch 1/20th of what I did a decade ago. Part is life stage. Part is general disillusionment. Case in point with Papi. Generally, there are no heroes. 

Note: my day to day gym used to be branded Lance Armstrong, and around that time local streets were chalked with “Go Lance” on chance he’d ride them. If you’re basing fandom on integrity, you might want to reconsider.

All that said, I don’t like his politics, but Brady = GOAT, even if he did drink turpentine during games. 
Good post and I get where you're coming from.  Generally I agree about the taping versus the deflating.  

As for reconsidering fandom based on integrity, also copy that, but that's not really entirely the explanation for my feelings either.  Belichick is a smug, contemptuous, arrogant jerk who treats the sports media like garbage** and whose reaction to being caught with his hand in the cookie jar is to act like anyone questioning him is a lower life form.  It doesn't resonate well with me.  As for Brady, I though his story was cool coming out of obscurity at Michigan and always wondered who was evaluating QB talent for the Wolverines.  But somewhere along the way he acquired some of the the same haughtiness and self-perceived immunity from the merest questioning as his coach, and I've just simply had enough of it.  Randy Moss and the ultra-dirty Rodney Harrison didn't help any of this either.  For what it's worth Brady seems like a decent human being and I'll probably relent on him once he stops playing and maybe does something positive with his and his wife's megamillions.  

And I have grown to loathe Aaron Rodgers in the past couple of years too.  No cheating AFAIK, but that attitude.  Oof.  

**of course some sports reporters are clowns.  But Belichick doesn't need to act like he's utterly above the concept of anyone asking him questions about anything, ever. 

Good post and I get where you're coming from.  Generally I agree about the taping versus the deflating.  

As for reconsidering fandom based on integrity, also copy that, but that's not really entirely the explanation for my feelings either.  Belichick is a smug, contemptuous, arrogant jerk who treats the sports media like garbage** and whose reaction to being caught with his hand in the cookie jar is to act like anyone questioning him is a lower life form.  It doesn't resonate well with me.  As for Brady, I though his story was cool coming out of obscurity at Michigan and always wondered who was evaluating QB talent for the Wolverines.  But somewhere along the way he acquired some of the the same haughtiness and self-perceived immunity from the merest questioning as his coach, and I've just simply had enough of it.  Randy Moss and the ultra-dirty Rodney Harrison didn't help any of this either.  For what it's worth Brady seems like a decent human being and I'll probably relent on him once he stops playing and maybe does something positive with his and his wife's megamillions.  

And I have grown to loathe Aaron Rodgers in the past couple of years too.  No cheating AFAIK, but that attitude.  Oof.  

**of course some sports reporters are clowns.  But Belichick doesn't need to act like he's utterly above the concept of anyone asking him questions about anything, ever. 
This is why I watch boxing, there's no illusion that any of it is good or worthwhile.

Hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure noone really cares or is surprised when athletes cheat on their wives.
LOL @ breaking it to me.  I couldn't care less.  I just find it amusing, the week Boston fans had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisconsinite here saying that unfortunately this is probably 10000% true.

I guess kinda cool that they're still together though.  He met her when he was here playing "A" ball in Appleton.
Really?  I was wondering if that might be true but I played with Davis "Arias" in Appleton in 96 and I don't remember her at all.  Interesting.

Good Posting Judge said:
That blue and gold shirt Papi has on is bad-###.
those were wildly popular in the.. i want to say.. early 90s. maybe a bit before. a few friends of mine had those shirts, jackets and even hats.

Aerial Assault said:

I always have a hard time getting passed him leaving a pregnant Bridget Moynahan for Gisele. Yeah, I don't know what their relationship was like, but man, leaving a girlfriend you got pregnant directly for another woman is really not a good look.

I always have a hard time getting passed him leaving a pregnant Bridget Moynahan for Gisele. Yeah, I don't know what their relationship was like, but man, leaving a girlfriend you got pregnant directly for another woman is really not a good look.
Brady and Moynahan had already broken up. He and Gisele had been dating for two and a half months before Moynahan found out she was pregnant. It's not like he dumped one for the other, and it's not like he left Moynahan knowing she was pregnant.

If the lexus story is true, how exactly did he think that was going to play out? The list of people that could have bought her that car had to have like 3 names on it at most. 

There was apparently an earlier assassination attempt on Ortiz’s life in the Dominican Republic...

Report details separate attempt to harm David Ortiz months before shooting

The sources claim Ortiz’s white Lexus was chased and cut off by a black Mercedes SUV before crashing in front of a firehouse. Firefighters came to his assistance, according to the sources, but an official report is not believed to have been made. The incident did not appear in the media.”

... That mistress must have been crazy awesome in bed for Ortiz to know that people in the DR are trying to kill him, but he had to return there for some more nookie anyway.

This is the FFA, where someone dies and there's a line of folks waiting for their one-liners and the "too soon?" cat calls.

Here we have David Ortiz, forsaking his family, and now legions of fans are wont to be on the front lines, defending him for some reason.  

"It's not as funny as you think.  Really."  Oh my gosh, you're right.  This is not funny and nobody should talk about what it is.

First of all, he's going to be okay.  He's lucky he got away with it (not thinking for a second about what this will do to his children in the end), but he still deserves hero status, no matter the decisions he made -- banging a drug lord's girl, thinking he's untouchable, buying her a Lexus, forsaking his family, just so he could get some nasty ### strange.  Hi kids, sorry about doing whatever I wanted and putting you on the back burner all these years.  I am still great and the Father you always wanted.

Neat guy.  Defend him at all costs because he hit some home runs for you.  Great perspective.

Shame on all you rumor mongers.  Dominican authorities now say that Papi was not the intended target.  And the rest - the speculation that Papi was banging some drug lord's main squeeze - all that is just "cheap gossip".  

“David Ortiz is innocent in what happened. He has no connection to illicit activities, no relationships with people who have criminal connections, nor has he violated his family values that would bring about such an incident," Hoepelman said.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/new-details-motive-expected-to-be-announced-in-shooting-that-injured-david-ortiz/28097144

Shame on all you rumor mongers.  Dominican authorities now say that Papi was not the intended target.  And the rest - the speculation that Papi was banging some drug lord's main squeeze - all that is just "cheap gossip".  

“David Ortiz is innocent in what happened. He has no connection to illicit activities, no relationships with people who have criminal connections, nor has he violated his family values that would bring about such an incident," Hoepelman said.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/new-details-motive-expected-to-be-announced-in-shooting-that-injured-david-ortiz/28097144
Plot twist!!!

What’s the feeling here — legit announcement based on actual facts or a Big Papi legal team payoff to a corrupt official?

And does this mean Papi wasn’t taking batting practice with that luscious Latina?

I was just discussing this plot twist with a guy at work who said there’s speculation that the arrested conspiracy members were intending to kill Ortiz, but they’ve now told authorities they were intending to kill Ortiz’s dining partner because the conspiracy members are afraid of the retribution they’ll endure in prison if they admitted attempting to kill a national icon.

:fishing:

The funniest part of this facade is that the contract killer is changing his tune, trying to say he got the wrong guy.  And the sheep are buying that bull####.  

Oh, nobody in the DR knew who Big Papi was, it was an accident,.  He's as famous as anybody there.  But it was a mistake!  Pathetic.

Plot twist!!!

What’s the feeling here — legit announcement based on actual facts or a Big Papi legal team payoff to a corrupt official?

And does this mean Papi wasn’t taking batting practice with that luscious Latina?
Not buying the plot twist. By saying they really intended to kill somebody else it:

- looks better for the gunmen and helps them possibly survive

- looks better for  a national hero and sweeps infidelities under the rug

- lets the police tie this up neatly 

The funniest part of this facade is that the contract killer is changing his tune, trying to say he got the wrong guy.  And the sheep are buying that bull####.  

Oh, nobody in the DR knew who Big Papi was, it was an accident,.  He's as famous as anybody there.  But it was a mistake!  Pathetic.
And what about the reported earlier attempt on his life 2 months earlier? More rumor mongering?

Nothing but amusement.  Won't have to hear loudmouths go on and on about Boston.  Good times.
Whatever gets you through the day. You should consider talking to a therapist about some of your feelings of inadequacy.  Btw, the bruins don't have anything to do with Ortiz getting shot.

And you believe this?

Whatever gets you through the day. You should consider talking to a therapist about some of your feelings of inadequacy.  Btw, the bruins don't have anything to do with Ortiz getting shot.
Boston sports had a horrible week, no two ways about it. It will be a nice break from the obnoxiousness, however short-lived that may be....

In the end it's just sports kiddo, you'll get through this.  Best of luck!

Boston sports had a horrible week, no two ways about it. It will be a nice break from the obnoxiousness, however short-lived that may be....

In the end it's just sports kiddo, you'll get through this.  Best of luck!
Now imagine Ortiz died. Now that woulda been the bad week to end all bad weeks, right? 

Users who are viewing this thread