What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deadwood (1 Viewer)

"Anything the Mayor should know, Al?"-Farnum"Yeah, the name of a new tailor."-SwearingonBest TV characters outside of Homer J:Al SwearingonTony Soprano (honorable mention = Sal and Chris)Vic from the ShieldAnyone else you may mention is a DISTANT fourth.

the best line from this show was when al asked the guy collecting the money to remove his hat...he removed his hat and al told him to "get a haircut...it looks like your mom f-ed a monkey"... :rotflmao:

Al was full of great lines this episode, but the whole cat piss exchange was the best. When that guy jumped off the balcony himself, I had to bite my lip to not wake everyone in the house up. I was surprised that he killed his guy and not the other dope fiend. I imagine he did it as a sign of good faith to Sy, but according to the previews for next week, doesn't look like it will do him any good. It looks like the surviving dope fiend will rally against the "*****-loving" Sweringen. I loved the bag man. You can always tell who's smart in Deadwood, and this guy was dead on since he arrived at the camp. I hope he plays a more prominent role the rest of the season.

The humor of this show is amazing.The ******** and Al having the conversation with pictures and the work C-sucker being thrown around (with Al saying.."the one word of english you've learned from me)..absolutely classic.2 c-suckerswe'gen kill c-suckerAnd then down at the bar, that's the first time I've heard anyone other than AL say that word up there that loud without him coming over to thaat balcony and having me kill someone.

With every passing episode, I get more and more curious as to how much of this is true-to-life. These events took place only 128 years ago, and the descendents of Bullock, Swearengen and others may still live in the city of Deadwood. How many of these little details (Wu's pigs, the grifter kids, the dope theft as examples) are dramatizations of Deadwood local legends and stories?:foos:I might have to read up on it this summer.

I had to laugh when Al got the guy so scared that he just climbed over the railing by himself. :rotflmao:

2 #### sucker :lol:
That's two white **** suckers!!!!Missed Jane this episode though......of course, there were enough c-suckers for this show.

Swearengin had the best lines though. :rotflmao: at Al for offering the Reverend some "action" if he wanted to come by after hours....

Also, loved the cat-piss scene:

"I **** myself Al, just wanted to warn you before the smell made it's way over to ya."

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the bag man. You can always tell who's smart in Deadwood, and this guy was dead on since he arrived at the camp. I hope he plays a more prominent role the rest of the season.
I missed about 10 minutes last night, who is the "bag man"?

I loved the bag man. You can always tell who's smart in Deadwood, and this guy was dead on since he arrived at the camp. I hope he plays a more prominent role the rest of the season.
I missed about 10 minutes last night, who is the "bag man"?
He is the guy sent by the legislature to collect the bribes for the magistrate and other legislators. He also brought along a warrant for Al Sweringen for the murder of some schmuck, I think back in Chicago.

Missed Jane this episode though......of course, there were enough c-suckers for this show.
Didn't she say last episode she was going to leave the camp?Swearingon killed his own man because when he talked to Sy about the sitch, Sy expressly told him no to to kill his man (it was along the lines of - oh, *you* have business with the ********, so *I* can afford to stand on principle).At the end - no short straw - there was never a choice.Considering the attitude 125 years ago in the Old West regarding Asians, a blood bath in Chinatown may be coming.

I had to laugh when Al got the guy so scared that he just climbed over the railing by himself.  :rotflmao:

2 #### sucker  :lol:
That's two white **** suckers!!!!Swearengin had the best lines though. :rotflmao: at Al for offering the Reverend some "action" if he wanted to come by after hours....
that scene killed me , the hand motions Al makes as he's telling the reverend made it for me

Bump for thoughts on last night's show.I was a little let down. Not much seemed to happen other than Sy's dope fiend (with Sy's urging) beginning to call out Swearingen for turning over a white guy to a "*****".Maybe the bag man and his getting 2K to off the magistrate and take care of the warrant that is out for Swearingen has some possibilities for the next season.According to some of the historical sites posted previously, I thought Bullock was Deadwood's first sheriff, so I don't know what happens to the clown they gave it to yesterday.Joanie and Eddie skimming off the Bella Union could add some intrigue into things, if/when Sy finds out.Does Andy take over for the preacher, because he has really lost it (remember Andy went back to the tent and asked the preacher for help praying)?Been a great show so far, and I hope next week's finale comes back to the previous episodes' levels.Am I missing something from last night?

According to some of the historical sites posted previously, I thought Bullock was Deadwood's first sheriff, so I don't know what happens to the clown they gave it to yesterday...Does Andy take over for the preacher, because he has really lost it (remember Andy went back to the tent and asked the preacher for help praying)?
Deadwood isn't "officially" a city yet, so maybe Bullock becomes the first offical sheriff. I can't figure out the Andy character at all.Now go and spit it out.

Now go and spit it out.
"And don't open your f'n mouth unless I want to put my c in it!""You don't have to swallow that, go and spit it out." :rotflmao: Al gets all the great lines of this show.And :rotflmao: at the Reverend preaching to the bull (and his "package") about circumcision.

Am I missing something from last night?
Saul-Trixie-Al triangle.Previews for next week indicate the star comes off Tom and gets tossed in the mud - looked like Bullock that did it.Al also cut a deal for the bagmnan to kill the magistrate, but next week it looks like the magistrate shows up in Deadwood (where he won't leave alive).

I thought last night's episode was just as good as the rest...the one thing I didn't like was the dude that played Mrs. Garrett's father. He looked like he was 10 years older than her. Just wasn't believable to me.

I thought last night's episode was just as good as the rest...the one thing I didn't like was the dude that played Mrs. Garrett's father. He looked like he was 10 years older than her. Just wasn't believable to me.
True.And after reading some of the posts after mine, I realized it was a good episode.Swearingen has the best lines on TV.I think the previews showed Bullock questioning Mrs. Garrett's father's motives for being there, and if you combine his trying to walk away with the rock in last night's episode, that could be a good storyline.....

Completely agree with Stingdaddy. Was especially weird since the show has been cast amazingly well so far. Everyone is so believable in their roles.

I think the previews showed Bullock questioning Mrs. Garrett's father's motives for being there, and if you combine his trying to walk away with the rock in last night's episode, that could be a good storyline.....
Yeah, her dad is definitly shady. Bullock can sniff out a c-sucker like that a mile away. Maybe Bullock will move into his role as sheriff while busting Mrs. Garrett's dad for something? Anyway, they should have cast someone at LEAST 10 years older for that part. They didn't do a good job with his fake grey hair on the sides of his head either.

I think the previews showed Bullock questioning Mrs. Garrett's father's motives for being there, and if you combine his trying to walk away with the rock in last night's episode, that could be a good storyline.....
Yeah, her dad is definitly shady. Bullock can sniff out a c-sucker like that a mile away. Maybe Bullock will move into his role as sheriff while busting Mrs. Garrett's dad for something? Anyway, they should have cast someone at LEAST 10 years older for that part. They didn't do a good job with his fake grey hair on the sides of his head either.
Alma Garret - Molly Parker (I)Date of birth (location) 17 July 1972 Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada William Russ - Otis RussellBirthday: October 20, 1950Birth Place: Portsmouth, Virginia

looks like its worth it to spend an extra 2 bucks at the Gem saloon :brush:
:D HA, I watched my tape of last week's show before the finale last night. What a great 2 hours of TV time. Classic Al quite a few times....you owe me $5, possibly $7.....then at the end, SLOW the F DOWN, you got a stagecoach to catch??? :D Anyways that's been covered already....the finale was awesome. So many things happened that it's hard to start at any one point. The stage is really set now that Al took care of his warrant and Bullock being the new "S" in town....of course finally tagging the widow.Awesome show, can't wait til' it's back on air. Hopefully it is on much sooner than the Sopranos....

Adding I loved the line Al had for the Doc about the gimp's leg. If you fix her leg anything like you helped the Priest, she'll be kicking up her feet in no F' time!! :D

Loved watching Seth overcome with fury when everything around him is pushing his buttons...Alma crying for help, the corrupt sherrif, seeing the preacher on the stretcher. It was just too much for him to stomach. Outstanding finale!Still quite a few good storylines heading into next season:-Eddie & Joanie vs Cy-Cy looking hell-bent on world domination-Seth vs the coming New Yorkers-Seth dealing with his familyAnd you know Al will always be in the middle of everything.I'm gonna have withdrawls next Sunday.

Found this on HBO.com for anyone interested in the music from Deadwood:

Deadwood Music CreditsEpisode #1: DEADWOODSong: Hog of the ForsakenArtist: Michael HurleyEpisode #2: DEEP WATERSong: Creek LullabyArtist: MargaretEpisode #3: RECONNOITERING THE RIMSong: Twisted Little ManArtist: Michael J. SheeheyEpisode #4: HERE WAS A MANSong: Fallen From GraceArtist: Mark Lee ScottEpisode #5: THE TRIAL OF JACK McCALLSong:God and ManArtist: Brownie McGhee and Sony TerryEpisode #6: PLAGUESong: High River BluesArtist: Bukka WhiteEpisode #7: BULLOCK RETURNS TO THE CAMPSong: Old FriendArtist: Lyle LovettEpisode #8: SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDRENSong: Will The Circle Be UnbrokenArtist: June Carter CashEpisode #9: NO OTHER SONS OR DAUGHTERSSong: Stars and Stripes ForeverArtist: Jelly Roll MortonEpisode #10: MR. WUSong: Hog of the ForsakenArtist: Michael HurleyEpisode #11: JEWEL'S BOOT IS MADE FOR WALKINGSong: Snake Baked A HoecakeArtist: Mike Peggy Barbara and Penny Seeger and their ChildrenEpisode #12: SOLD UNDER SINSong: Farther AlongArtist: Mississippi John Hurt

Bump to ask if anyone knows anything about a replay of Season 1 on HBO? I haven't heard anything, but I'm hoping the whole first season comes around again. I missed the final episode. :bag:

Bump to ask if anyone knows anything about a replay of Season 1 on HBO? I haven't heard anything, but I'm hoping the whole first season comes around again. I missed the final episode. :bag:
Me too. It's the only episode I missed.. :hot:

Just caught my first episode of this last night- very entertaining show. GB getting digital cable again. HBO series are top notch these days.

I saw them all, when's the new one start?
March 6 per the HBO website. Less than 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to this more than I ever did a Sopranos premiere. Mainly because all of my enthusiasm hasn't had time to wear off like it did during the 4 years between Sopranos seasons.

March 6 per the HBO website. Less than 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to this more than I ever did a Sopranos premiere. Mainly because all of my enthusiasm hasn't had time to wear off like it did during the 4 years between Sopranos seasons.
Actually when I saw that season 1 was available on DVD, I knew season 2 was coming.

cool, i'll be in the abq marriott that night and can put off ordering hbo another week.

cool, i'll be in the abq marriott that night and can put off ordering hbo another week.
Cos - Do you have digital cable? If so, you should be able to get HBO on channel 98 on all your non-digital boxes at no additional cost.

Bump to ask if anyone knows anything about a replay of Season 1 on HBO? I haven't heard anything, but I'm hoping the whole first season comes around again.

I missed the final episode.

:bag:
FINALLY saw the final episode of Deadwood last night. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great stuff, maybe the best all-around episode of the first season. It pumped me up for the premiere of Season Two this Sunday.

Bump to ask if anyone knows anything about a replay of Season 1 on HBO? I haven't heard anything, but I'm hoping the whole first season comes around again.

I missed the final episode.

:bag:
FINALLY saw the final episode of Deadwood last night. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great stuff, maybe the best all-around episode of the first season. It pumped me up for the premiere of Season Two this Sunday.
I agree one of the best season finales ever.

:thumbup: Good to have the series back.Excellent season opener. Was glad to see Jane, even just for a second. Hopefully she'll be back at camp next week.

It was very busy episode as they had to bridge season 1 and set up season 2. No shortage of Al though, which is :thumbup: always a good strategy.

Just noticed that Brad Dourif, who plays Doc Cochran, also played Grima Wormtongue in Lord of The Rings, and is also the voice of Chucky in all 4 Chucky movies.

:shock:

And for you Al Swearengen fans, take a look at THIS Ebay item.

:rotflmao:

Just noticed that Brad Dourif, who plays Doc Cochran, also played Grima Wormtongue in Lord of The Rings, and is also the voice of Chucky in all 4 Chucky movies.

:shock:

And for you Al Swearengen fans, take a look at THIS Ebay item.

:rotflmao:
Dourif will always be Billy Bibbit to me, from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Very good opening episode.SPOILERSAl was absolutely brilliant. That opening when he was complaining about the telegraph wires was absolutely priceless.I don't know where they are going with Al and the Sheriff though. To have them go head to head immediately might be problematic in that there has to be an end to the conflict, and the show needs both of them - especially Al.The wife story line is going to get old quick, to me. Unless they come to an "understanding" or she leaves, I don't see how I am going to enjoy that story line all that much.I can't wait for the next episode though. HBO has sucked since Oz left, and now they finally have something worth watching again. - And how about those previews for Rome? That looks like it has a lot of potential.

Users who are viewing this thread