What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demarco Murray. What are you doing (1 Viewer)

dboysrock94

Footballguy
I Have been reviewing RBs to target for teams sitting pretty for the playoffs. Just wondering how people are viewing Murray. He was a top 5 RB before going down to injury. Especially in PPR leagues. He is practicing, and probable to play. Is anyone trying to lowball for him or is he someone we dont want on our teams due to injury scare.

In the redskins game he had over 40 yards and a td on the first drive.

Dr. Jene said the injury he sustained is not a very bad one and most of the time can be played through.

Dallas D has looked tough enough to keep leads against a weaker schedule. In fact I don think they have really trailed by more than a TD in any game except the denver game.

he will also draw 6 very bad defenses in the next 8 games.

Dallas offensive line has looked leaps and bounds ahead of last year.

I have been targeting him in almost all leagues and people seem to be selling on the cheap. just wondering if others view him as a RB1 in todays slew or horrid RBS.

He is clearly the best option in Dallas. The concern is can he stay healthy. If you own him, you probably shouldn't take any deals for him now as his value is clouded. I wouldn't want to have to start him this week. The best you can hope for is for him to play, even in limited fashion, and end the game without a setback.

I sold him in one league already for Gio Bernard. Stashing and hoping in another league. He's damaged goods. He can be obtained cheap if you want him. Those of us who have him would rather have a bird in the hand.

I sold him in one league already for Gio Bernard. Stashing and hoping in another league. He's damaged goods. He can be obtained cheap if you want him. Those of us who have him would rather have a bird in the hand.
Why would you presume to speak for all Murray owners? Plenty are still high on him and have the depth to deal with a week off here and there. You're not getting him from me for cheap. Especially considering the defenses in the NFC East. Just saying something does not make it true.

Why would you presume to speak for all Murray owners? Plenty are still high on him and have the depth to deal with a week off here and there. You're not getting him from me for cheap. Especially considering the defenses in the NFC East. Just saying something does not make it true.
So I don't speak for you. Just know the injury history.

I Have been reviewing RBs to target for teams sitting pretty for the playoffs. Just wondering how people are viewing Murray. He was a top 5 RB before going down to injury. Especially in PPR leagues. He is practicing, and probable to play. Is anyone trying to lowball for him or is he someone we dont want on our teams due to injury scare.

Dr. Jene said the injury he sustained is not a very bad one and most of the time can be played through.

Dallas D has looked tough enough to keep leads against a weaker schedule. In fact I don think they have really trailed by more than a TD in any game except the denver game.

I have been targeting him in almost all leagues and people seem to be selling on the cheap. just wondering if others view him as a RB1 in todays slew or horrid RBS.
Top 5?

Even with his very good start to the season he was RB9 in PPR through the first 6 weeks. I would imagine he was lower in non-PPR. So he's barely a top 10 RB when both healthy and producing. If he comes back to performing decently I'm probably going to sell him in dynasty. Too many injuries and Dallas is going to capsize at some point in the next two years. Their cap situation is atrocious. It could be the worst cap management of any franchise in the last 10 years, and it's going to cripple them.

Top 5?

Even with his very good start to the season he was RB9 in PPR through the first 6 weeks. I would imagine he was lower in non-PPR. So he's barely a top 10 RB when both healthy and producing. If he comes back to performing decently I'm probably going to sell him in dynasty. Too many injuries and Dallas is going to capsize at some point in the next two years. Their cap situation is atrocious. It could be the worst cap management of any franchise in the last 10 years, and it's going to cripple them.
Sorry I meant at least where I looked in PPG basis he was 5th but, besides the fact, sorry I didnt clarify. In dynasty I would for sure be looking to sell. In redraft I am trying to add him in all leagues. He is a every down back on a good offense, and to get that for cheap right now with all the turmoil at the RB position is not a bad thing.

I have been able to add him in one league for stacy to a 2-4 team last week that really needed the help at RB and also got him and d thomas for spiller and gordon in another.

Also I was factoring in 5 weeks due to him only playing 1 drive in week 6

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be a mess for this week. I’m hoping to hear he practices in full, at least for one day. If he is starting, I don’t have many choices but to play him, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him outscored by one or more of the other RBs on the team.

I'm a Murray owner in re-draft and no way I'm giving him up unless it's a great deal. He's got a great schedule ahead of him, and as long as you have some other strength at RB ( I have Forte, Martin, Murray, Bernard with Moreno about to come in via trade ) to see you through bye weeks and injury, then he's a great RB2 FLEX player to have

He seems on track to suit up and 'play'. I am not sure I have enough confidence to start him, as he will likely be on some kind of snap count....wouldn't you think? I guess it depends on your other options, but I was prepared to start Jordan Reed over him (I have 2 other rb's that I can start) at the flex position.

I guess we still have some time before Sunday to see how likely he is to see significant time.

I'm going to start him if he plays. For me personally, Bernard is my other option on the bench and has a bad matchup. He shares his touches anyway, much like Murray might do this week so that might even itself about out

Sitting him Le'Veon Bell this one week then (likely) back to starting him as an every week starter.

Hard to think of a guy who has so much variation in future expectations, mostly due to concern over injury.

When healthy, in that offense, with the general muck there is at RB (and the fact that you have so few, and arguably 0-2, true studs out there that don't have significant concerns), he is top ten with upside from there on a week to week or three week span perspective.

However, you always worry he will go down and not get up.

Hard to get enough value for him in a deal, though if a team is a bit desperate they may be willing to risk the downside for lightning in a bottle upside. The reality is, unless you can get a HIGH #2 RB or a #1 WR in return, I can't see giving up the potential. That decision may come down too your depth. If he's your number one RB and you don't have a decent 3 or even more on the bench, you might want to trade for stability. If you have a decent enough replacement (Z Stacy for example) in the wings, them why not hold for the upside?

Generally speaking, fantasy championships are not won by three steady but not spectacular weeks. You usually need a bit of luck with a really good roster hitting on all cylinders - Murray is one of the players that could do that for you.

But, not without risks.

Dallas brass (and many fans) are spoiled by Dorsett and Emmitt-every other RB (like literally every single one) that has struggled at all has suddenly seemed replaceable and not good enough. Murray is fine and they just need to commit.

Yes I mentioned Dorsett and no it doesn't matter no one is still there from his era, it's always been this way.

I'm a rebuilding team. I traded Murray for Ben Tate and a first rounder probably in the 7-10 range.

Exactly. Thank you for the above post, Apple Jack. And I own Murray, and I wouldn't let him go for cheap. I was offered Lamar Miller and Joique Bell early on in the season and held off. I don't plan on moving him and certainly would never move him for "cheap". And I love the "those of us who have him". You couldn't be more off speaking for me: I own Murray and would rather own him than most and plan on stashing him in hopes he gets healthy for the late season run like last year.

Starting in both 12 team PPR leagues(no choice with Spiller out).
Now sounding like Murray won't be able to play tomorrow. Better check his status tomorrow. DallasCowboys.com writer Bryan Broaddus, who has been very positive on Murray playing all week, changed his tune tonight on twitter.

@BryanBroaddus on murray suiting up "not looking good"
While this is probably crappy news to those who had to play Murray, for the rest of his owners, this may not be a bad thing. Another week of rest will probably prove how exceedingly average Joseph Randle is with Dunbar likely providing little if nothing. I'm wondering if this could be a situation that persists until the Cowboys Week 11 bye. I'm very hopeful he gets rest and can come out after that bye week looking good, though I know for some, that is not an appealing situation.

I considered starting either Roy Helu or Andre Ellington, but if Murray is good enough to start, I'll roll with him on Sunday. Maybe this was just a minor injury. Fingers crossed

If Murray is active I will play him. I hope he isnt active though. Another week of rest would do wonders I think.

I am thinking he wont play

Reports say he's a 50/50 go today. I'm benching him for C. Jordan as a flex TE option. Unless they say something different in the next 3 hours it will remain that way.

If it's this doubtful I'd really rather he sat out today as I need him more for a crunch match next week against a fellow contender. Great matchup v MIN as well ;-)

Maybe someone with more knowledge can tell me, even if he does make it today, it's pretty much a given now that he will be in a limited snap count yeah ? I mean if it's this up in the air, he'd be very unlikely to get his usual workload ?

I have Randle in my starting lineup now. I've been trying to keep up with the Murray news this week and it looks like even if he does go he might get limited action. I could be wrong. I'm going to wait until the last second to check if he is playing. I think even if he does, I may play Randle. Unfortunately I have no other choice. I could drop Randle for Ivory.

I guess it's just "stay tuned" for now

According to Rotoworld...

Bryan Broaddus of the Cowboys' official website believes DeMarco Murray (knee) is "very doubtful" to play Sunday against the Lions.

National media outlets have been reporting all morning that Murray is shaping up as a "go," but Broaddus is employed by the team and sees these players on a daily basis. Early Sunday morning, Broaddus said it "sounds like [Murray] pushed himself too hard to come back." It's not a surprise. Murray is dealing with a sprained MCL, which is typically a multi-week injury. If Murray can't play, which appears likely to be the case, Joseph Randle would get another start.

This bites. Assuming Murray is out, is Randle the play? Or Dunbar? Or neither?
Dunbar was limited all week in practice. While Dunbar is expected to play, he could be limited to a third-down role. Neither is probably a good play. Randle is the better play of the two, if you are desperate at RB.

I'm surprised neither Randle or Dunbar have moved up the rankings much on the news that Murray is out. There are probably 25+ RB touches to account for here in a pretty good matchup.

I'd start Randle over guys like SJax, MJD, Pierre Thomas, Lamar Miller, and Zac Stacy.

I'm starting Lance Dunbar.
I'm starting Lance Dunbar.
I would not expect much from Dunbar, but he does have the kind of ability to make the most from a small number of touches, if he is sufficiently recovered and holds onto the ball. I am warming up to the idea of starting Randle as a low-end RB2 or flex this weekend, but Dunbar is probably best left on your bench, if you have any other options (i.e. Brandon Bolden, Khiry Robinson, Peyton Hillis). I might roll with Dunbar over Tashard Choice or Stepfan Taylor, but that is the neighborhood of where I rank Dunbar this week. Strictly a desperation flex at this point (and I am a big Dunbar fan).

If Dunbar takes 3rd down, Randles upside is awful - Tanner vultured a TD last week, so if he loses 3rd down and GL, hes worth about 4-5 points this week, starting Kerley over Randle.

Anyone have any idea on likelihood he plays this week ? He did seem to come close last week. Got a bit of a situation with my back up RB Bernard playing on Thursday night.

Users who are viewing this thread