What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver @ KC Arrowhead TNF (1 Viewer)

Not a bad qb here what's his name again?
"Washed up" and "should have retired" according to some Jabronies.
He is doing much better.
Maybe it's me, but he seems to be consistantly overthrowing the long all.
His down field accuracy has been bad, but he is 39
He can (obviously) throw it far enough because he's overthrowing it.

I'm no expert on body mechanics, but maybe he's compensating for reduced arm strength by employing more "body" throwing and therefore he doesn't have as much touch and control of the throws and thus, less accuracy on the long balls.
If you read the early part of the thread it is caused by imaginary holding by the defense. Peyton's arm is spot on.

It's amazing Alex Smith was #1 overall and Rodgers was #23. If ever there was evidence of an imperfect drafting system, that's it.

It's amazing Alex Smith was #1 overall and Rodgers was #23. If ever there was evidence of an imperfect drafting system, that's it.
Nobody has a clue what Rodgers would have looked like without those years of seasoning, though. His throwing motion, footwork, and pretty much everything was different at Cal. He looked like a totally different guy. If he had been thrown to the wolves with 6 different OC's in 7 years and Smith had sat for 3+ years and had the same coaching staff the entire time, who knows.

I don't think Smith would be Rodgers in the scenario I outlined above, but I don't think Rodgers would be Rodgers either.

Nobody has a clue what Rodgers would have looked like without those years of seasoning, though. His throwing motion, footwork, and pretty much everything was different at Cal. He looked like a totally different guy. If he had been thrown to the wolves with 6 different OC's in 7 years and Smith had sat for 3+ years and had the same coaching staff the entire time, who knows.

I don't think Smith would be Rodgers in the scenario I outlined above, but I don't think Rodgers would be Rodgers either.
You could be right.

Users who are viewing this thread