What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derrik Johnson 2 tackles is he fine (1 Viewer)

I'd love to know as well, I sat Ray Lewis literally minutes before the game for Johnson and I'm extremely ticked at myself.

:excited:

The Cardinals run the ball less than any team in the league. He was out there the whole game and I didn't see anything unusual with him.

I'd love to know as well, I sat Ray Lewis literally minutes before the game for Johnson and I'm extremely ticked at myself. :goodposting:
just thought i'd share that i did the exact same thing in 3 different leagues. My thought process was that Lewis would be on the field far less than Johnson and therefore Johnson was the safer play. You didnt want to have to rely on a big play from Lewis just to get back to respectable.Sometimes you play the odds, do the right thing, make the right play...but it turns out wrong. You cant be ticked at yourself if your analysis was correct but the rresult was wrong.I do feel your pain

I'd love to know as well, I sat Ray Lewis literally minutes before the game for Johnson and I'm extremely ticked at myself. :bye:
just thought i'd share that i did the exact same thing in 3 different leagues. My thought process was that Lewis would be on the field far less than Johnson and therefore Johnson was the safer play. You didnt want to have to rely on a big play from Lewis just to get back to respectable.Sometimes you play the odds, do the right thing, make the right play...but it turns out wrong. You cant be ticked at yourself if your analysis was correct but the rresult was wrong.I do feel your pain
I was content with Lewis' 10 total tackles. The pick-six was icing on the cake. Unfortunately, I stared Branch instead of TJ Ward so it all evened out...

His numbers seem to be generally trending down over the last month. I know he can be a head case so there is always the possibility that he is pissed at the coaches. Also he could be dinged up or gettting lazy with the big payday.

that said, it could have also been matchup related and just a blip.

What say the experts?

His numbers seem to be generally trending down over the last month. I know he can be a head case so there is always the possibility that he is pissed at the coaches. Also he could be dinged up or gettting lazy with the big payday.that said, it could have also been matchup related and just a blip. What say the experts?
He just got a fat contract, and then put up 12 tackles the next week, so I don't think it's that. The recent matchups have been quite poor, as Seattle, Arizona, and Denver are 3 of the bottom 5 teams in rushes per game. He has 2 average matchups, a good one, and a great one in week 17, if your league plays then.

His numbers seem to be generally trending down over the last month. I know he can be a head case so there is always the possibility that he is pissed at the coaches. Also he could be dinged up or gettting lazy with the big payday.that said, it could have also been matchup related and just a blip. What say the experts?
He just got a fat contract, and then put up 12 tackles the next week, so I don't think it's that. The recent matchups have been quite poor, as Seattle, Arizona, and Denver are 3 of the bottom 5 teams in rushes per game. He has 2 average matchups, a good one, and a great one in week 17, if your league plays then.
yeah, how'd he do the previous game against denver?

Seattle & Arizona I definitely agree with (KC led both games & the other teams can't run in close games usually), but Moreno carried the ball over 30 times for Denver I believe Sunday & KC was at home in a close, low scoring game.That was the one that surprised me stat wise for DJohnson.

Seattle & Arizona I definitely agree with (KC led both games & the other teams can't run in close games usually), but Moreno carried the ball over 30 times for Denver I believe Sunday & KC was at home in a close, low scoring game.That was the one that surprised me stat wise for DJohnson.
True. It seemed to me that Denver's offensive linemen were getting to the second level every play and effectively taking DJ out of the game, as KC concentrated on shutting down the passing game. I'm sure DJ made his share of mistakes as well, but the Chiefs defensive linemen were getting manhandled out there in the run game all day. He didn't seem to get a chance to fly all over the field like he normally does. I think he'll bounce back this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, how'd he do the previous game against denver?
He had 12 tackles and 2 passes defended. hmmm I'd still like to hear what the experts say about this dip.

Users who are viewing this thread