What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desmond Bishop (1 Viewer)

Kai said:
I am in a 2 LB, start 1 league and have Lawrence Timmons and David Hawthorne on my roster. Timmons production has slowed considerably while Hawthorne's production has increased. I like Desmond Bishop, especially with Chillas going on IR. Would any of you drop Timmons or Hawthorne for Bishop? And, if so, which one?Scoring below:1 pt per tackle 0.5 per assist3 pts per sack1.5 per 1/2 sack3 pts forced fumble1 pt per fumble recovery1 pt per intercetion
I'd drop Hawthorne for Bishop. If I'm not mistaken, Hawthorne does NOT play in the nickel.
Thanks .... just made the move. I see by your sig that you have the same 2 DB's as I do. Any chance Landry comes back this week. He has been gold most of the year.
Nope. No chance and week 14 is suspect as well if not the season.I'm actually considering dropping him for an offensive spot.

To get back on topic, for the rest of this season:

Bishop = BEAST

As Jene said, he will never leave the field and was very productive even when Chillar was snaking some nickel plays. Get him, play him, enjoy the points!

To get back on topic, for the rest of this season:Bishop = BEASTAs Jene said, he will never leave the field and was very productive even when Chillar was snaking some nickel plays. Get him, play him, enjoy the points!
Wasn't awful this week, but not exactly stellar. Almost all of his points came in the first half. Didn't get to catch the game, but did anything change after halftime?

Bishop didn't play in the last nickel series, with the Packers choosing to load up on DBs. There wasn't much tackle opportunity before that and Bishop remained active between the tackles. Looks like there will be some packages where Bishop sits, but they'll be relatively few in closer games. The Lions are a so-so matchup this week, but the Patriots and Giants should be better.

Bishop didn't play in the last nickel series, with the Packers choosing to load up on DBs. There wasn't much tackle opportunity before that and Bishop remained active between the tackles. Looks like there will be some packages where Bishop sits, but they'll be relatively few in closer games. The Lions are a so-so matchup this week, but the Patriots and Giants should be better.
This is exactly what I have been thinking over the last 2 weeks or so. Good to see that I'm not crazy. Thanks for the insight.

What's the dynasty value of this guy? I know they also have Brad Jones on IR, Nick Barnett on IR and now this Zombo guy. Any insight as to how it may shake out for 2011? I have Bishop in one league but he was simply a 1 year fill in and I'll be able to extend him if I think he'll remain a starter.

Hawk resigned. We'll have to wait until the new CBA to find out if Barnett is released outright, or if there will be a 3-headed monster in GB. Most think that Barnett will be released, but you never know.

Per Rotoworld:

Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed at the Wisconsin Pro Day Wednesday that ILB Nick Barnett is no longer considered a starter.

"We line up tomorrow, it’s A.J. and Bishop," said McCarthy. Barnett would be the highest paid backup linebacker in the league if he receives the $6.025 million he's due in 2011. $375,000 of that amount is available in an offseason roster bonus, so Barnett may not even make it to training camp with the Pack.

As a Bishop owner.... YES!

Per Rotoworld:Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed at the Wisconsin Pro Day Wednesday that ILB Nick Barnett is no longer considered a starter."We line up tomorrow, it’s A.J. and Bishop," said McCarthy. Barnett would be the highest paid backup linebacker in the league if he receives the $6.025 million he's due in 2011. $375,000 of that amount is available in an offseason roster bonus, so Barnett may not even make it to training camp with the Pack. As a Bishop owner.... YES!
I thought it was pretty shocking that they paid Hawk 10 mil this year, but it was clear that he and Bishop (who seemed like the top priority with the solid contract of his own) were the starters. Little chance that Barnett gets paid that roster bonus. He could be back; it'd be a similar situation to Hawk's, without the favorable contract.I think Barnett would have been a bigger threat to Bishop's favorable ILB role and nickel snaps. These developments almost certainly lock Bishop into LB2+ value in 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread