What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DETROIT TIGERS OFFICIAL: We are decent!!!! (1 Viewer)

How bout dem Tigers!!

and another come from behind win today
I just started watching the Tigers the last week or so. Did not realize how much I messed baseball. Just having the game on while I do whatever. I hardly knew half the players.

Sad thing was watching Cabrera. Miggy looks like a fat slow pitch beer league softball player now. Swings like a rusty gate with no power. Hinch batter him 8th Friday and he was 0-4 with a couple of weak popups. Hard to believe he has not had a good year since 2016.

How bout dem Tigers!!

and another come from behind win today
I just started watching the Tigers the last week or so. Did not realize how much I messed baseball. Just having the game on while I do whatever. I hardly knew half the players.

Sad thing was watching Cabrera. Miggy looks like a fat slow pitch beer league softball player now. Swings like a rusty gate with no power. Hinch batter him 8th Friday and he was 0-4 with a couple of weak popups. Hard to believe he has not had a good year since 2016.
Trot him out once a series and pinch hit for him early then put him on a shelf. When you sign a great player to an overly long contract you end up with a shell. You doubly pay for the prime years.

The thing is with the Tigers being competitive in a weak division his lack of production hurts. Tigers are in a tough spot regarding how they manage the last days of a popular HOF player and yet want to compete.

When you sign a great player to an overly long contract you end up with a shell. You doubly pay for the prime years.
Exactly. I'd rather just pay more while the player can still contribute.

Reality is if Miggys contract expired 3 years ago he would have been out of the league 3 years ago. When you look at his career numbers it is shocking how fast he fell off at the age of 34.

Swing and it's fouled back, strike one....and a young man from Paw Paw will take that one home with him

Who else grew up wondering how the heck Ernie knew so many season ticket holders?
I think he made that stuff up. Honored and appealed to Tiger fans state wide,

hence the wording of my Q; I remember wondering (after learning it was a gag) what sort of adults might still think it was a thing lol

I loved the voice of the turtle passage he read every season on Opening Day (from Ecclesiastes I believe)

always loved listening to Ernie in the 70s, didn't even matter how the team was doing

Last edited:
Swing and it's fouled back, strike one....and a young man from Paw Paw will take that one home with him

Who else grew up wondering how the heck Ernie knew so many season ticket holders?

hence the wording of my Q; I remember wondering (after learning it was a gag) what sort of adults might still think it was a thing lol

I loved the voice of the turtle passage he read every season on Opening Day (from Ecclesiastes I believe)

always loved listening to Ernie in the 70s, didn't even matter how the team was doing
George Kell was a staple on the TV broadcasts. Those were simpler days

George & Ernie on the radio, later it was George & Al on tv

miss the corner of Michigan & Trumball

remember how everyone in the neighborhood turned their front yards into parking lots? I remember being in a station wagon with my dad, brother, another father/son we were friends with, negotiating a $3 spot (we’re not paying $4!), and my friends’ dad telling the guy “you don’t even room for our station wagon!” dude called over a couple buddies, 4-5 of them picked up a big eyed Sprite and moved it a few feet. “We do now!”

remember how everyone in the neighborhood turned their front yards into parking lots? I remember being in a station wagon with my dad, brother, another father/son we were friends with, negotiating a $3 spot (we’re not paying $4!), and my friends’ dad telling the guy “you don’t even room for our station wagon!” dude called over a couple buddies, 4-5 of them picked up a big eyed Sprite and moved it a few feet. “We do now!”
Great story. Parking was an adventure back then. Mom would take us on the bus to see a game cheap on Ladies Day.

Great story. Parking was an adventure back then. Mom would take us on the bus to see a game cheap on Ladies Day.
I think Hudson's used to provide some tickets then, ultra cheap by today's standards.

14-9 for May, guaranteed to have one winning month this year

Tigers through 50 games...

2023: 24-26
2022: 20-30
2021: 19-31
2020: 21-29
2019: 19-31
2018: 22-28
2017: 23-27
2016: 24-26
2015: 28-22

Miggy 0-1 (PH) today
.169/.253/.202 is quite the slash line
huge ovation today

14-9 for May, guaranteed to have one winning month this year

Tigers through 50 games...

2023: 24-26
2022: 20-30
2021: 19-31
2020: 21-29
2019: 19-31
2018: 22-28
2017: 23-27
2016: 24-26
2015: 28-22

Miggy 0-1 (PH) today
.169/.253/.202 is quite the slash line
huge ovation today
Team embracing Harris’ direction
And he has identified some good players

This was a good win today got good pitching, base running and hitting. Drawing more walks all the time. Some big holes on the team but they are competitive.

Should be a defining series against the Twins when it comes, hoping they embrace the challenge.

Miggy can’t run, field or hit
Now a cheerleader

I haven’t been following too close this year, but heard on the radio the other day that Miggy is statistically like worst player in baseball bad.

I haven’t been following too close this year, but heard on the radio the other day that Miggy is statistically like worst player in baseball bad.

Yes he is. Lets be real though. Miggys last good season was 2016.

If his contract expired in 2019 he would have not been resigned. With the team doing OK the Tigers should meet with Miggy and deactivate him but let him dress and travel with the team to get his gifts or whatever at away parks.

It is so sad to see him try to bat and hit grounders or weak flyball outs. Plus he can hardly run anymore either. Miggy aged way before his time.

This is from an article from 2021.

Based on his contact quality (exit velocity, etc.), Statcast estimates Cabrera should be hitting .161 with a .322 slugging percentage right now, which is only a tick better than his actual production. Translation: Miggy's bad numbers are deserved. He's not hitting into bad luck. His days as an MVP-caliber hitter are long over. It's unclear whether he can even be an average MLB hitter now.

Losing your best pitcher and best position player is kind of bad
Especially when you weren't that good to begin with. Hinch trying to patch this thing together with bandaids and duct tape.

Yeah pretty sure we just saw their peak for 2023

16-11 for May
5 series won
2 series lost
1 split

I actually got interested for a couple minutes but probably going back to off-season FF research

Last edited:
Losing your best pitcher and best position player is kind of bad
Especially when you weren't that good to begin with. Hinch trying to patch this thing together with bandaids and duct tape.

Yeah pretty sure we just saw their peak for 2023

16-11 for May
5 series won
2 series lost
1 split

I actually got interested for a couple minutes but provaboy going back to off-season FF research

This team overachieved in May. Got to within 1 game of 500 a couple of times. Really don`t think they have the talent level to get to 500, just not enough hitting, not enough power bats.

Baez is at .223 with only 3 HRs. 583 OPS is horrible. Hopefully he opts out but I doubt he will as nobody will match what he is making now. Miggy no HRs in 110 ABs 530 OPS, Tork 5 HRs in 210 ABs.

Riley Green was coming on strong now he has a broken leg. No reason to rush him back now.

Hopefully next season Mize, Skubel and Manning will come back strong. Baez leaves and Tigers bring in some hitting.

Tigers claim Nick Solak off waivers from Braves. With his.250 some batting average he looks like Babe Ruth compared to some of the other hitters on this team.

0-for-June

I miss Mike I

based on the product they've put on the field the last 7 years I'm just gonna assume Chris Ilitch could give a rat's arse

One small step but 3 of 4 on the road not bad. Special shout out to pitching coach Chris Fetter for somehow holding this staff together while the offense goes on vacation quite frequently. Brieske, Faedo, Manning, Mize, Skubal, Turnball and of course Eduardo all out but they march on anyways.

Watching Baez play reminds of a shiny sports car without an engine.

Baez looks the part, dresses the part, has sunglasses and chains, but he is so frustrating to watch as he just can`t put it all together.

Sad thing is I doubt he will opt out as no team will match what he is making with Detroit.

As a fantasy owner of both, I’m super stoked for the returns of E Rod and Skubal. Sounds like they are both looking great and recovered from their injuries.

As a fantasy owner of both, I’m super stoked for the returns of E Rod and Skubal. Sounds like they are both looking great and recovered from their injuries.
Tigers found a way to lose both of their return games. Scott Harris was in the booth at the game’s start tonight.
Embarrassing for him and fans to be blown out by the As early. Tigers have a long ways to go.

Surprised that they took Clark over Langford as Langford was the more proven player and a power hitter. Clark took less $ so they were able to get McConigle who wanted more.
Clark described as a rare 5 tool player. When I hear those words I think about Billy Beane and the Moneyball movie. That didn’t work out well.

Users who are viewing this thread