What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DHS intends to broaden use of CBP, ICE agents to arrest protesters nationwide (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't watch the news?  You're not seeing violence?  Wut?
No I don't watch the news, I read it. Otherwise I'd never know what was going on, just some jagoff talking head's interpretation of it. For example, the link you posted shortly after this post.

Dearest Mother,

It has been two weeks since have been deployed to the warzone of Portland Oregon.  We have fought valiantly but the angry anarchist mob continues to display art, ask for more humane treatment of people and spray paint ACAB on buildings. There's even people rapping in the street like you've seen on the MTV. At times our cause seems hopeless. But we continue to soldier on.Rations of Voodoo donuts have run low and we have been forced to eat Buffalo Wild Wings out by the airport for lunch every day. We are hoping for reinforcements soon, but most days seem like we are all alone while picking random citizens off the streets. They sometimes call us mean names, and I heard someone used a laser pointer once or something.  And then there was naked women doing yoga. I can never unsee that. The horrors of war may never leave my mind.

Give my best to all and listen to Kid Rock for me. 

Love,
Your Son

I have to say Trump has upended my notions of American democracy. The fact he can’t/won’t be stopped by Congress, courts, state authorities. - The fact these CBP/DHS forced show up in military gear is meant to please the base, and they love it, which is disgusting, but it also surely looks to the rest of the world like we have military or dictatorship style national police. And really in practice I’m not sure that’s wrong, despite it being entirely illegal.  

Took a few minutes to read and watch about this.  The federal buildings absolutely need to be protected from these violent rioters.  Cant believe anyone would have a problem with this.

Took a few minutes to read and watch about this.  The federal buildings absolutely need to be protected from these violent rioters.  Cant believe anyone would have a problem with this.
Absolutely. Extrajudicial disappearing people off the street by unidentified agents in unmarked vehicles to unknown locations is totally justified for :checks notes: graffiti.  

This is what happened to the third woman from the left:  https://twitter.com/elliottyoungpdx/status/1285628351957348352
I have zero sympathy for these people.  ZERO.  Again.  ZERO.  If you dont follow commands or are in a group of terrorist rioters and you get some.  Well, you get some then.  If they were at home knitting this would not have happened.  Just like that old dude who didnt follow directions and bum rushed the cops and got knocked down.  O well.  Cant fix stupid.

I have zero sympathy for these people.  ZERO.  Again.  ZERO.  If you dont follow commands or are in a group of terrorist rioters and you get some.  Well, you get some then.  If they were at home knitting this would not have happened.  Just like that old dude who didnt follow directions and bum rushed the cops and got knocked down.  O well.  Cant fix stupid.
What commands? What are you talking about?  

Wait.. you think the old dude in Buffalo bum-rushed the cops??  :lmao:

No, you can't.

Follow commands for what?  If someone is not breaking the law...you can take your commands and shove them.  People have rights in this country.

the nerve of people exercising their 1st amendment rights.......

Isnt this what the 2nd amendment is for? To get the government out? I mean if this isn't over reaching tyranny, I don't know what is.
Yes, it is.  It was encouraging to see black protesters marching with rifles a couple weeks back.  I've seen some leftist groups embracing the idea too.  It seems kind of petty to bash the rightwing gun groups- yes, they should be up in arms, absolutely, but so should everyone else.  People who organize against this are targeted and spied on.  If this weren't bad enough, the handful of groups that do talk in a serious way about federal overreach are typically mocked as fringe extremists.  

People have generally been fine to worship the military for several decades now.  They were fine to watch both parties turn the US into a warfare state.  If you opposed US militarism abroad you were "anti-American," or in more recent years a "Russian".  It was only a matter of time before it came back to haunt us.  Now we're paying the price. 

Indeed.   Burning buildings, tearing down statues.  It’s their right!!
Do you think that is what she was doing or was she just standing in the park/sidewalk/street holding a sign?

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the people burning buildings and destroying property should be arrested. 

Can you not comprehend that there are different levels of protester participation and if so, should they be treated differently?

Do you think that is what she was doing or was she just standing in the park/sidewalk/street holding a sign?

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the people burning buildings and destroying property should be arrested. 

Can you not comprehend that there are different levels of protester participation and if so, should they be treated differently?
Can you not comprehend that if your standing next to someone with a Molotov cocktail you may be gassed?  The police are people too. They are scared and want to go home. If you think it’s possible to only gas the rioters and not others in a crowd then I can’t help you. I bet you also get upset atCollateral damage?  It’s going to happen. The police do their best to minimize it but it’s going to happen. When you are told to disperse you better listen or be prepared to eat a Barton sammich.   

Who exactly WOULD you have sympathy for? 

And... at home knitting? Are you an actual chauvinist or do you just play one at FBG? 

Can you not comprehend that if your standing next to someone with a Molotov cocktail you may be gassed?  The police are people too. They are scared and want to go home. If you think it’s possible to only gas the rioters and not others in a crowd then I can’t help you. I bet you also get upset atCollateral damage?  It’s going to happen. The police do their best to minimize it but it’s going to happen. When you are told to disperse you better listen or be prepared to eat a Barton sammich.   
link?

And thanks for not answering my question.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, lawsuits have been filed. And the thing that is interesting to me is that usually cops get qualified immunity, because they work for the government and yaknow government gets immunity mostly for its actions in one way or the other..... with a caveat. That caveat is that the state actor is acting legally. I don't think these DHS people are acting legally. Not only will the DHS be open to damages but arguably so will the actual individuals donning those paramilitary uniforms.

It's just super-ironic to me 'cuz so much of this is about qualified immunity, but here these DHS personnel may not be protected by it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's ghoulish man but you knew that when you were typing it. Stinky bait. 

Yes, it is.  It was encouraging to see black protesters marching with rifles a couple weeks back.  I've seen some leftist groups embracing the idea too.  It seems kind of petty to bash the rightwing gun groups- yes, they should be up in arms, absolutely, but so should everyone else.  People who organize against this are targeted and spied on.  If this weren't bad enough, the handful of groups that do talk in a serious way about federal overreach are typically mocked as fringe extremists.  

People have generally been fine to worship the military for several decades now.  They were fine to watch both parties turn the US into a warfare state.  If you opposed US militarism abroad you were "anti-American," or in more recent years a "Russian".  It was only a matter of time before it came back to haunt us.  Now we're paying the price. 
:goodposting:

I've disagreed with you on many things, but I've always been in agreement with you on this. DHS, NSA, PATRIOT Act, militarization of the police, all of it is bad news and has been for a long while now. And yet we have bootlickers among us cheering it on still. No doubt some people benefit from an autocratic state, most of us won't.

Watching the video of the 53 yr old Navy Vet, just standing in front of the thugs, then getting beaten with a baton and pepper sprayed directly in the eyes despite doing absolutely nothing was...infuriating.  Wish we could get some names. 

If Trump thinks this is going to help his re-election, I think he’s going to be mistaken, despite the Bootsy1234 types.

I can’t help but think it’s going to get uglier. Thanks Trumpies for doing this to our country. I hope nobody forgets.

Watching the video of the 53 yr old Navy Vet, just standing in front of the thugs, then getting beaten with a baton and pepper sprayed directly in the eyes despite doing absolutely nothing was...infuriating.  Wish we could get some names. 

If Trump thinks this is going to help his re-election, I think he’s going to be mistaken, despite the Bootsy1234 types.

I can’t help but think it’s going to get uglier. Thanks Trumpies for doing this to our country. I hope nobody forgets.
Soccer moms won’t forget defunding the police that’s for sure. 

The ones who say a navy vet (if that’s even matters) got maxed for no reason. 
So his service doesn't matter?  And what was the reason?  And last...how does that mean that people would think it was cool that a police officer was blinded?

Do I need a chart to help me figure out what a peaceful protest is, or is it one of those "I know it when I see it" things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread