What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DHS intends to broaden use of CBP, ICE agents to arrest protesters nationwide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord, this forum can't be serious.  The presence of authorities is a justifiable reason for the "peaceful" protestors to attack and injur.  Seems like you are stating these protestors are thugs.   
Yeah. There's a reason this form has the reputation it does.  And his post exemplifies that.

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
Good lord, this forum can't be serious.  The presence of authorities is a justifiable reason for the "peaceful" protestors to attack and injur.  Seems like you are stating these protestors are thugs.   
When the heavy majority of people are peacefully protesting and then unidentifiable "authority" figures step in to forcefully and unjustifiably arrest said people, against the law and in violation of their rights, they damn well should fight back. It is fully justifiable to resist such authoritarian and illegal actions. The thugs are the unidentifiable "federal agents." 

• Thanks
When the heavy majority of people are peacefully protesting and then unidentifiable "authority" figures step in to forcefully and unjustifiably arrest said people, against the law and in violation of their rights, they damn well should fight back. It is fully justifiable to resist such authoritarian and illegal actions. The thugs are the unidentifiable "federal agents." 
They were causing damage, looting and violence BEFORE the feds showed up.

• Thinking
Are you quoting TImothy McVeigh, or do you seriously believe that?  So if an officer is doing his job but you believe it is some violation, you not only can but should permanently blind the guy.  This forum has run it's course.  And five people liked that?  I am just baffled beyond belief.  Is there not one decent leftist to say stop this?

• Laughing
Turns out that most of those looting and causing damage were not peaceful protesters but right wing looneys trying to make the protesters look bad.
Beisdes being ridiculous, it does not matter.  The agents were doing their job.  There is zero excuses for violence against them.  

• Smile
Are you quoting TImothy McVeigh, or do you seriously believe that?  So if an officer is doing his job but you believe it is some violation, you not only can but should permanently blind the guy.  This forum has run it's course.  And five people liked that?  I am just baffled beyond belief.  Is there not one decent leftist to say stop this?
McVeigh murdered at least 168 people...what an awful comparison.

• Sad
McVeigh murdered at least 168 people...what an awful comparison.
I don't care, he is advocating violence.  It is only a difference in magnitude.  BTW, I don't see you asking for any sources for any of his obnoxious claims.  Why is that?  

I don't care, he is advocating violence.  It is only a difference in magnitude.  BTW, I don't see you asking for any sources for any of his obnoxious claims.  Why is that?  
Advocates fighting back some is not even in the neighborhood of blowing up a building and killing and injuring hundreds of men women and children.

Advocates fighting back some is not even in the neighborhood of blowing up a building and killing and injuring hundreds of men women and children.
Throwing firebombs, shooting fireworks, throwing rocks....permanently blinding people.  Seems like a complete disregard for human life.   

• Thinking
It is interesting study in human behavior.  Conceding an obvious point on decent behavior to a conservative seems to be very hard.   Are people really becoming more political than humane?  

I can add @sho nuff to the list of condoning violence.  Up to 8.  How many will it take before a single leftist takes a stand against violence?
No you can’t ...because I did no such things and have stated on this board over and over again that I don’t  condone it.

If someone posted like that about you you would go in days long rants about how awful this place is.  Stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Your idea of peaceful and mine are totally different.  Recklessly using lasers and explosives to permenantly injure people is not very peaceful.....

Barr told a congressional hearing on Tuesday that two federal agents sent to Portland may have been permanently blinded by lasers used by activists and that far more officers had been injured than demonstrators, with industrial-grade fireworks, rocks and firebombs hurled at agents.
I totally believe Barr is telling the truth about that. 

Beisdes being ridiculous, it does not matter.  The agents were doing their job.  There is zero excuses for violence against them.  
If I'm peacefully protesting and some goons & thugs dressed in riot gear, claiming to be agents of the federal government yet have no identifiable insignia visible, try to arrest me you're damn right I'm going to resist. If they get violent I'll get violent right back. It is not the governments job to arrest peaceful protesters. 

No you can’t ...because I did no such things and have stated on this board over and over again that I don’t  condone it.

If someone posted like that about you you would go in days long rants about how awful this place is.  Stop.
Lol...whatever dude.  

It does not matter.  The point was people accepted that the protestors did that and defended it.  And now you seem to be defending it.  
It doesn't matter that the WH press secretary may have lied to the American people last week and the AG may have lied under oath yesterday? I disagree.

And you know how you always accuse people of putting words into your mouth? Please don't do that same thing to me.

We don't know what was done with a laser. I'd be curious to find out, though. And if some ne'er-do-wells were putting the lasers in the eyes of these unidentified agents, I do not support that. Indeed, I condemn it.

Lol...whatever dude.  
No...you completely fabricated that because in disagreed with an analogy to a massive bombing that killed at least 168 men women and children and injured hundreds more.

Definitely not anything that leads to productive good discussion.  

• Thanks
What are you talking about and why are purposefully misrepresenting me like this? I don't appreciate it.

If i was joe i would trash this forum and ban political discussion on this site.   
Your behavior here (evidenced in the post above for starters) is a big part of the problem. Try being the change you want to see.

This is the low point.  Not one leftist here will condemn the violence against the federal agents.  Not one.   This is basically a hate site against police officers.  
It’s been a pretty consistent low point since Russia. The majority of forum followers are obsessed with it though and some employees have been involved over the years so maybe not worth upsetting the real business apple cart and taking it away from them? Although a poll showed many in here all the time aren’t paying customers. Who knows. 

All the hate towards police really amazes me and is disgusting. Obviously any bad cop should be punished to the full extent but these generalizations are nuts. 

This is the low point.  Not one leftist here will condemn the violence against the federal agents.  Not one.   This is basically a hate site against police officers.  
I suppose I’m a leftist, though not terribly extreme. I condemn violence. 

ETA will likely vote for Jorgensen, but that’s more a statement on wanting to do away with the two party system. I live in California, so no effect on the actual outcome for this election. 

It’s been a pretty consistent low point since Russia. The majority of forum followers are obsessed with it though and some employees have been involved over the years so maybe not worth upsetting the real business apple cart and taking it away from them? Although a poll showed many in here all the time aren’t paying customers. Who knows. 
The forums are free, always have been, and there's no requirement to be a subscriber to Footballguys.com to participate in them. So yes, the majority of forum members aren't subscribers.

What's your point?

Jon, you are so exhausting. 

My God, your posting style is the embodiment of what you rail against every day in here. Calling people out by name for being pro-violence and hate? WTF is wrong with you? For all of our sakes, locate some self-awareness. STAT.

Maybe it's not the PSF that needs to go away, maybe it's just you. I suspect that's a pretty decent possibility once your posts get reported. 

The forums are free, always have been, and there's no requirement to be a subscriber to Footballguys.com to participate in them. So yes, the majority of forum members aren't subscribers.

What's your point?
The point is as much time of theirs you waste in here with the crazy/fringe threads  :tinfoilhat:  you should do the decent thing and pay for the subscription to compensate them for this time suck. The fact the most don’t makes it amazing they tolerate something like this that is a huge turnoff to half of society. 

The point is as much time of theirs you waste in here with the crazy/fringe threads  :tinfoilhat:  you should do the decent thing and pay for the subscription to compensate them for this time suck. The fact the most don’t makes it amazing they tolerate something like this that is a huge turnoff to half of society. 
Do you know if I'm a subscriber or not?

I did 7 posts up. 

I guess we aren't the right kind of leftists.

It doesn't matter that the WH press secretary may have lied to the American people last week and the AG may have lied under oath yesterday? I disagree.

And you know how you always accuse people of putting words into your mouth? Please don't do that same thing to me.

We don't know what was done with a laser. I'd be curious to find out, though. And if some ne'er-do-wells were putting the lasers in the eyes of these unidentified agents, I do not support that. Indeed, I condemn it.
You liked a post which referred to the agents as thugs, insinuated their injuies were fake and blamed being attacked for being there.  Yeah, we need proof to believe the agents were in fact hurt, but we don't need proof that the agents are thugs.  The post was disgusting on many different levels and then he went on and just dug deeper and deeper.  

I know the majority in here voted on the poll they were not with many that spend 24/7 in here commenting they aren’t. #SAD
I asked you about me. You commented about me as if you knew whether or not i was a subscriber. Do you know if I'm a subscriber?

You liked a post which referred to the agents as thugs, insinuated their injuies were fake and blamed being attacked for being there.  Yeah, we need proof to believe the agents were in fact hurt, but we don't need proof that the agents are thugs.  The post was disgusting on many different levels and then he went on and just dug deeper and deeper.  

I honestly have no idea what post you are referring to that I liked.

I didn't insinuate anything - I made perfectly clear that I don't believe the WH Press Secretary or Barr. If they show me proof, I will change my mind. But for now - I don't believe either of them.

ETA: Also, in my post, I specifically stated - "And if some ne'er-do-wells were putting the lasers in the eyes of these unidentified agents, I do not support that. Indeed, I condemn it."

• Smile
This is how the Seattle police characterized tje peaceful protest on July 25, before the federal agents arrived......

But by midafternoon, the Seattle Police Department declared the gathering a riot, apparently in response to scattered property damage and a steady stream of rocks, bricks, bottles and fireworks thrown in their direction. The department released a photo of a hole in the wall of the East Precinct that a spokesperson said was blown open by some kind of explosive device. 

"Due to the ongoing damage and public safety risks associated with this incident, SPD is declaring [the demonstration] a riot," the department tweeted at 4:25 in the afternoon.

Peaceful protests....riots....same thing. 

• Laughing
I'm trying to hold the site together with players opting out and people asking for refunds while we may not even have a season. Can you folks please be more cool to each other?

Done with this one. Everyone please be tons more cool before we shut the whole thing down. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread