What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did Jon Bostic get on the field? (1 Viewer)

Bostic didn't see any snaps at middle linebacker in the Bears' season-opening win over the Bengals.
Spin:
Instead, veteran D.J. Williams was the man in the middle for the entire game, with Bostic relegated to special teams duties. Williams was slowed by a calf injury throughout training camp and didn't exactly shine in the opener with only three tackles, so there's a chance Bostic could get another look in future games if Williams remains ineffective. For now, however, Bostic should probably be off the IDP radar.

news_breaking.png

Mon, Sep 9

I got burned here too as I was in between him and Herzlich, thought the plays in preseason were enough to give him the start. got to find another option on my bench for my IDP4 LB...?

I got burned here too as I was in between him and Herzlich, thought the plays in preseason were enough to give him the start. got to find another option on my bench for my IDP4 LB...?
(Dynasty?) If possible Id recommend keeping Bostic rostered, w no plans to start him. Unless Bostic is actually starting, and you have no other option. The fact that he (LB's) wont play all three downs means alot.

I was wrong about him starting as well. If you read between the lines, the Bears sound like an organization that does not just hand the starting job to rookies. Urlacher didn't even start his first year until after week 3 I believe. I have no intention of selling or moving Bostic. Williams has been largely disapointing thus far and will cede the job to Bostic next year or sooner.

Why is everybody down on dj Williams the guy was a stud in Denver yes he had issues but not on the field. He is a great leader and knows how to cover everywhere. Many people jump to conclusions to fast in some leagues Bostic was taken over Williams, horrible decision unless its a top college linebacker like kuechly nobody's gonna give you the position when you went out to get Williams. Bostic great pre season but its the pre season. If your in a dynasty keep Bostic if ya can he will be a starter but I think he takes Briggs spot in the future Briggs will be 33 this year an I think his contract is coming up. Bostic will play this year if there's an injury but he is inline to hold a starting role next to Williams they are the new bears d next season.

Ive also read that Bostic has been practicing at all the LB positions. The 2nd rnd is early for your back-up QB (MLB) but I dunno that its impossible. A great defense will, and should have depth.. (imho) It might be wise to consider the guru's take on his ability to be a 3 down LB in a few weeks.

fwiw I believe Bostic had 18 plays on special teams

Users who are viewing this thread