What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DiGiorgio (1 Viewer)

flooredyas

Footballguy
As everyone knows, Poz is lost for the year and DiG has the MLB slot for the year, given he produces. Thought this deserved a new thread, if not feel free to merge it.

I have him on my taxi squad and will assign him a contract this week, but would like some opinions about what he may face next year with Poz's return. Would he move back to WLB or even bench? While I'm high on his possibilities for today, are tommorrow's chances expected to take a big downturn? What thoughts are swimming around out here?

He's showing himself to be a pretty versatile player. However, I don't see him starting over any of the the 3 when healthy. Ellison will be WLB, Poz in the middle, and Crow on the strong side.

I would think his long term value is low. If Buffalo doesn't get better vs the run, he could be shifted to sam and Crowell take his place at mike, once Ellison or Wire gets healthy. As for him moving to sam, nothing to go on, I haven't read anything suggesting this, just my speculation.

I would think his long term value is low. If Buffalo doesn't get better vs the run, he could be shifted to sam and Crowell take his place at mike, once Ellison or Wire gets healthy. As for him moving to sam, nothing to go on, I haven't read anything suggesting this, just my speculation.
I have heard a lot of speculation about Crowell shifting to the MIKE but have seen little to back that up. I know Crowell performed well in the MIKE in the past but does doing that with the current personell really make the Buffulo D any better (I know it could not get any worse...)

He should put up decent numbers this year, but I really don't think he has a lot of long term value, especially in Buffalo. If you have a weak dynasty team, he is a good sell high.

I picked up DiGiorgio on waivers. This week was okay, but Crowell's stats make me wonder who is going to benefit more from Poz's injury.

Any thoughts?

PartyTyme

I picked up DiGiorgio on waivers. This week was okay, but Crowell's stats make me wonder who is going to benefit more from Poz's injury. Any thoughts?PartyTyme
I did the same and and really wondering if Crowell is the one I should have picked up.

Regardless of whether Crowell or DiGi was the right pick, has anyone seen him play? He was listed with more assists than tackles last week. Fluke or was he late to the ball?

Regardless of whether Crowell or DiGi was the right pick, has anyone seen him play? He was listed with more assists than tackles last week. Fluke or was he late to the ball?
Jets mostly moved the ball through the air. He'll likely see a big bump in solos this week.

Jets mostly moved the ball through the air. He'll likely see a big bump in solos this week.
Thanks, Aaron. We don't get a lot of Bills coverage in Minneapolis. Fortunately I get to watch DiGi play on Monday Night. Nothing like scouting a player you've already picked up. :shrug:

They played a 4-3 all night so he was in. To me Ellison and Crowell looked like the better lb's. I'm assuming they played the 4-3 only because of their lack of depth currently in the secondary.

They played a 4-3 all night so he was in. To me Ellison and Crowell looked like the better lb's. I'm assuming they played the 4-3 only because of their lack of depth currently in the secondary.
:thumbup:I agree that Crowell looked good, but Ellison and DiG both were practically invisible. Seemed like DiG was constantly running the play down from behind. That's not a good thing for a MLB. Crowell seemed to be all over the place from his SLB spot which impressed me. Other than the play that DiG swatted that pass to Witten and a couple of assists, I didn't see him making any plays. I turned the game off late in the 3rd quarter though....so unless he turned it on in the 4th he seems like he may be just another OTA and training camp flashes in the pan.

He had a Int when Dallas was looking to score. He ended up with 8 or so tackles too.
Really!? Man, I missed that too. Hopefully he can keep it up then. I'm still concerned about his inability to make a tackle in the hole...I don't like MLB's that chase down the plays from behind. He's allowing himself to get blocked or not using his d-linemen well enough as shields.

Probably the best thing to come out of Kornheiser's mouth on MNF yet was after that interception when he goes,

"It's not delivery, it's DiGiorgio"

:mellow:

Does he play in the nickel?

Can he produce like an LB1 the rest of the way. I have him, but i am debating whether or not to drop him for someone else, i have depth at LB. But he might be nice insurance. What do others think?

I'm about to drop him. On Monday it seemed more of a product of them playing a 4-3 all night and dallas passing. Many of his tackles were not on running plays.

Some perspective my other lb's are:

Barnett

Ryans

Keiaho

M. Petterson

L. Johnson

D. Thornton

Golden said:
Does he play in the nickel?Can he produce like an LB1 the rest of the way. I have him, but i am debating whether or not to drop him for someone else, i have depth at LB. But he might be nice insurance. What do others think?
He did play in the nickel against Dallas. With Ellison beaten by Witten on the rare occasion he played over the pass catching TE, that's likely to continue. He should hover around low LB1 - mid LB2 territory for the rest of the season.

Golden said:
Does he play in the nickel?Can he produce like an LB1 the rest of the way. I have him, but i am debating whether or not to drop him for someone else, i have depth at LB. But he might be nice insurance. What do others think?
He did play in the nickel against Dallas. With Ellison beaten by Witten on the rare occasion he played over the pass catching TE, that's likely to continue. He should hover around low LB1 - mid LB2 territory for the rest of the season.
That makes him roughly top 15 the rest of the way. Not bad.

Golden said:
Are they going to play so much 4-3 once they get some secondary players back?

Golden said:
Are they going to play so much 4-3 once they get some secondary players back?
I think it was more a function of the offensive personnel the Cowboys used. The Bills stayed with three linebackers in all the two TE sets, whether Witten or Fasano (or both) were set off the LOS. On the few occasions (maybe three or four) that three WR were in the game, Ellison was out. None of the Bills' personnel, LB or S, can hang with an athletic slot receiver in zone coverage. Since Witten beat any man coverage consistently last week, my guess is that the Bills wanted to keep their run defense as stout as possible knowing that the Cowboys like to run out of their two TE sets regardless of how the TE align -- hence the silly "creep" business and keeping Ellison (who looked to be favoring his ankle at points) on the field despite the mismatch.

Users who are viewing this thread