What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (4 Viewers)

Katie took my call. I mentioned that it was unfair that new customers were getting Ticket for free and I have been customer for nine years. Plus since my wife and I are expecting new baby this year, I couldn't justify spending that much. She came back with "How about $20 per month off the Ticket price? Would that help with the finances?" I said is there anything else you could possibly do? She said no. "Ok, then please remove Ticket from my programming." A long silence..."Ok, it's been removed. Is there anything else today?"

For the first time in sevene years, I will be Ticketless. :cry:

Anybody thought about making switch to Dish? The main reason I chose Direct was because of the Ticket. No need to stay now. I know everyone on this thread, obviously, are DTV customers, but is Dish pretty compareable with regards to price and service. I will research, but any thoughts would be appreciated. THX
Personally I wouldn't bluff like that. I'm never going to tell them to cancel my service, or cancel ST if I'd rather pay the price than not have it at all.I would tell them I don't an offer is enough and that I'm going to check back with Dish but at this point I'm leaning towards cancelling DTV. It isn't like you would cancel DTV yet even if you are switching, you would wait for the new service to be up and running first. So just get off the phone that way and then call back later.

Also, I think you shot yourself in the foot by making your reason for calling being "I feel I'm paying too much for Sunday Ticket". Their biggest goal, I believe, is to stop people from canceling your service, not to stop you from canceling Sunday Ticket. If that had been what your call was about, then giving you ST for free becomes a way to keep you. Instead it sounds like you made the call about whether you keep ST or not which is a smaller financial impact on them, so less reason to give you a great deal.

So in short, I'd call them back that you're thinking about switching to Dish. I posted Dish's prices in post #87 so you can reference them especially if it's cheaper than what you're paying. You can mention that Sunday Ticket was one of the big differentiators for you as well, but make the tone of your call about not wanting to cancel, but feeling right now Dish is giving you a better deal to switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie took my call. I mentioned that it was unfair that new customers were getting Ticket for free and I have been customer for nine years. Plus since my wife and I are expecting new baby this year, I couldn't justify spending that much. She came back with "How about $20 per month off the Ticket price? Would that help with the finances?" I said is there anything else you could possibly do? She said no. "Ok, then please remove Ticket from my programming." A long silence..."Ok, it's been removed. Is there anything else today?"For the first time in sevene years, I will be Ticketless. :cry:Anybody thought about making switch to Dish? The main reason I chose Direct was because of the Ticket. No need to stay now. I know everyone on this thread, obviously, are DTV customers, but is Dish pretty compareable with regards to price and service. I will research, but any thoughts would be appreciated. THX
Never actually cancel, just threaten say, "Ok, I will talk it over and make a decision." Call back a few hours and repeat what you did above as many times as necessary until someone accommodates. I've done this with Verizon and actually said, when frustrated, "I am going to hang up and call back and get someone to give me the deal I want." They said it won't work. I literally called 2 minutes later and, lo and behold, it worked.The mistake was actually cancelling, rather than hanging up before doing so and trying again. Call back and see what they can do by saying, I cancelled but I think we can now swing it if you can help me. Won't hurt but 20 min of your time.

$250 credit.

$25 credit for 6 months.

$38.50 credit for 12 months.

Suggestion to call back and renegotiate after the 6 month credits fall off.

And once more for any newbies signing on. If you use a referral, you get $100 in credits over the first 10 months (and so do I), use this as a referral: 045839559

Called to cancel NFL Ticket, got disconnected, called back, went to the "cancel DIRECTV service" group, told them about my dropped call and that I was annoyed at the automatic bill. He asked what I wanted and I said "same deal as last year", which was $200 for the Ticket. He quickly added six $20 credits dropping the price to $203 or so. I'm happy with that
Same thing happened to me today with the disconnect.I called back in and told them dish costs 7 bucks for red zone, and i wanted to cancel Ticket while i decide. Best i was offered was 20 bucks off for 6 months. No thanks, i cancelled the ticket, and will decide what i do later on.Monthly bill is 115, and customer since 2002.They seem to have tightened the ship a bit. . .
You quit too easily. I despise haggling but this has to be done. 1- Don't ever actually cancel. tell them you will think about it and call back then hang-up2- Before hanging up ask them if that is really the best they can do? Can they throw something else in there?3- Call 2,3 even 4 times if needed. Total PITA but sometimes necessary4- persistence, eventually you can get a good offer. I have even told them about offers "my friends" (posted here) got.5- One thing that will work against you is if you are under contract or have other older discounts currently still on your bill. If they offer credit take it as a one-time or 6 month. Not 12 month as it will still show up next year when you have to make this call again.Good luck!
Here a few other tips....First, be nice! You do not win anything by being a jerk. If you make the call pleasant for them and get them to 'like' you (whether that is flirting or just being a generally nice guy) then they are more likely to do what they can to make you happy. When they give you their pitch on what they can offer, do not respond. Just be silent and force them to say something. They will feel uncomfortable and feel that they need to do more and will add on. Once they do this then ask nicely 'is that the best you can do?' Once they have given you their 'best' ask for just a little bit more... if you have done your job well, they have maxed out what they are authorized to give but if it is just a little bit more can get their supervisor to give it.

Just got off the phone with Directv and was able to get a similar deal to many of those listed in this thread.

Free Sunday Ticket

Free NFL To Go

$15/month off for 12 months

$10/month off for 24 months for signing up for automated bill pay

I have been a customer for 3-4 years with no current contract. I have never had the Ticket. I was offered the $15/month and the $10/month right away. We then started discussing the Sunday ticket and the fact that a new customer could get it for free. She offered the Ticket for half off ($159.99). I asked if that was really the best she could due given the fact that new customers were getting it for free. She then offered it for free. I then asked if she could add the NFL To Go for free also and she agreed.

This thread helped me out. The advice on here is great. Best of luck to all with the call.

Just got off the phone with DirecTV and I said I was going to switch to Dish. I explained that Sunday Ticket was not worth it for me because I could see ReZone on Dish. I also told them I was getting 2 HD DVRs from Dish ion the package to switch. The guy immediately offered me a free HD DVR but I said it was still better for me to switch. We started our negotiation of Sunday Ticket. He offered $10 off per month then $20 then half off. I said it still wasn't worth it so he put me on hold to go "talk to his supervisor" and he came back with an offer of the free HD DVR and free Sunday Ticket. I had to agree to a 24 month commitment but it was worth it for the offer. I call them every year but this is nthe best offer yet.

when you call directv say CANCEL SERVICE a few times to get transferred to the "Customer Retention" reps on the phone. They can give you discounts on your Sunday Ticket and regular programming. I'm still under the first contract and got $180 off sunday ticket last year.

when you call directv say CANCEL SERVICE a few times to get transferred to the "Customer Retention" reps on the phone. They can give you discounts on your Sunday Ticket and regular programming. I'm still under the first contract and got $180 off sunday ticket last year.
YES YES YES , I just got off the phone with them , and was prepared to cancel my service all together, I told them I was upset the the new customers get free sunday ticket, And i had to pay 300+. the person you will get is prepared to do almost anything to keep you as a customer. I was able to get the Sunday Ticket and Cinamax FREE for a year ...stop what your doing and call now

just called and got the ST for $140. had to pay it up front
I was happy with the $140 offer they gave me a week ago. But I got pissed when I am reading so many people are getting it for free :hot: . Well to make a long story short I just called and ##### :rant: . They ended up giving me a $100 credit to my account so the ST is only costing me $40. I think this free ST for new customers has pissed off their current customers.

$30 credit for 6 months...not as good a deal as some of you are getting, but I can live with it. Easy money for a 5 minute phone call.

YES YES YES , I just got off the phone with them , and was prepared to cancel my service all together, I told them I was upset the the new customers get free sunday ticket, And i had to pay 300+. the person you will get is prepared to do almost anything to keep you as a customer. I was able to get the Sunday Ticket and Cinamax FREE for a year ...stop what your doing and call now
To add to my earlier post... here is a post from last month on how to work over DirecTV for as big a disscount as possible. (Aside: yes they are kinda "working us over" even if we pay them $80+ a month for TV these days when 5-10 years from now the distribution of TV content will be different/cheaper)....Never pay full price for TV & Internet. The big dogs will reduce your bill to keep you a customer. More and more people are just scrapping cable/satellite altogether, going with discount internet providers and Hulu subscriptions. If that's too extreme, just follow the steps listed below

With negotiation, you can always get a discount with Directv--on sunday ticket, your monthly package bill, premium channels, service fees. Usually they will give you 4-6 month discounts on different parts of your bill.

Just call 1-800-directv and say "CANCEL SERVICE" ... you will be transferred to "Account Retention" instead of their sales people. The Account Retention people have the authority to give you discounts on your monthly bill. If you talk to a directv employee named Darius he always hooks it up, i've talked to him twice in the handful of times i negotiate.

The following generic story usually gets them to lower your bill (i also negotiate for my friends and family to knock their bills down):

1. Bad economy - bills are hard to meet, watching every dollar, have to cut back

2. My wife wants to cancel the satellite TV and switch to AT&T U-Verse / Comcast / (insert local cable company)

3. My wife got laid off her job, we have to cut back on bills, and we cant continue to pay $___ a month for directv

(note you dont have to be married to use the "my wife wants to switch" story.. i'm not married and i use that every time!)

Just go through that basic laundry list and they will claim to understand and take money off your bill. Once you starting saving money on your TV bill, try calling your other monthly bills--- like Internet. You can probably get your DSL speed upgraded and save $10-$20 a month off your bill.

I'm still on my initial 2yr contract and get $40 a month off. Last year i got $180 off my Sunday Ticket. Saved my folks $30 a month on their AT&T uverse and got them a $100 credit off their next bill.

question. i am currently using comcast and this seems like a really great deal. Is direct TV satellite? Would they need to install a dish somewhere? When the weather is bad do you see any issues with reception?

question. i am currently using comcast and this seems like a really great deal. Is direct TV satellite? Would they need to install a dish somewhere? When the weather is bad do you see any issues with reception?
Is direct TV satellite?Yes, Would they need to install a dish somewhere?yes When the weather is bad do you see any issues with reception? and yes. If it is raining hard your signal is poor to none.

Got Sunday Ticket for free.

Told my sob story to customer service, they offered half price. Said it wasn't good enough and asked for customer retention. Told my sob story to her...she said "so you like football?"...so I'll giv you ST for free in 2011, but it will automatically renew at full price for 2012 if you don't cancel by first regular season game.

My sob story - why are non-customers getting treated better than customers in your industry? I'll go be a cable or Dish network non-customer.

Last year didn't have Direct TV. Didn't miss it at all. Used different websites to watch all the NFL games for free. Saved over $900.

'Wingdawg said:
Just got off the phone with Directv and was able to get a similar deal to many of those listed in this thread. Free Sunday TicketFree NFL To Go$15/month off for 12 months$10/month off for 24 months for signing up for automated bill payI have been a customer for 3-4 years with no current contract. I have never had the Ticket. I was offered the $15/month and the $10/month right away. We then started discussing the Sunday ticket and the fact that a new customer could get it for free. She offered the Ticket for half off ($159.99). I asked if that was really the best she could due given the fact that new customers were getting it for free. She then offered it for free. I then asked if she could add the NFL To Go for free also and she agreed. This thread helped me out. The advice on here is great. Best of luck to all with the call.
Just got a similar deal:Free Sunday TicketFree NFL To Go$20 off for 6 monthsAdditional $5 off for 24 months (I already had $10 off for 24 months for auto pay started last month).I'm quite surprised I got the discounts because in the beginning he said I would get ST free and I got so giddy. The rep's name was Ray.I will recommend that you go online and make sure the credits hit your account. The NFL to Go didn't show up and I called back (straight to customer retention) and she said there was a problem and corrected it. then it showed up. GREAT time to call.

'Wingdawg said:
Just got off the phone with Directv and was able to get a similar deal to many of those listed in this thread. Free Sunday TicketFree NFL To Go$15/month off for 12 months$10/month off for 24 months for signing up for automated bill payI have been a customer for 3-4 years with no current contract. I have never had the Ticket. I was offered the $15/month and the $10/month right away. We then started discussing the Sunday ticket and the fact that a new customer could get it for free. She offered the Ticket for half off ($159.99). I asked if that was really the best she could due given the fact that new customers were getting it for free. She then offered it for free. I then asked if she could add the NFL To Go for free also and she agreed. This thread helped me out. The advice on here is great. Best of luck to all with the call.
Just got a similar deal:Free Sunday TicketFree NFL To Go$20 off for 6 monthsAdditional $5 off for 24 months (I already had $10 off for 24 months for auto pay started last month).I'm quite surprised I got the discounts because in the beginning he said I would get ST free and I got so giddy. The rep's name was Ray.I will recommend that you go online and make sure the credits hit your account. The NFL to Go didn't show up and I called back (straight to customer retention) and she said there was a problem and corrected it. then it showed up. GREAT time to call.
Just got off the phone to see if I could get the ticket for free but no dice. They said the offer I posted earlier is the best I can get so I guess I need to call back. Otherwise it looks like it will be comcast and the redzone for me.

DTV customer since Feb 2002.

Spoke with Alisha and received:

- Free ST for 2011 season ($359.99)

- Free HD for 24 months (24x$10 = $240)

- 3 free remotes, shipped for free, that will allow me to watch all 3 of my HD receivers in the same room and change channels on one TV without affecting the other 2 TVs (3x$15)

Total saved after the call= $649.99

I'll be calling back to get free To-Go and possibly free movie channels for a few months.

All-in-all, worth every minute of the 20 minute call. :thumbup: :banned: :yes:

If you're thinking about signing up for DirecTV and getting a free year of NFL Sunday Ticket, feel free to use me as a referal and we each get $100 off our bill ($10 for 10 months). My account number is : 26679641

Ok made my phone call today. It must have taken 45 minutes but still worth it. The lady was hispanic and very slow, but very nice. After turning her down several times I ended up getting a one time $200 credit, $15 off of my bill for 6 months, $5 off my bill for the following 18 months and a free DVR upgrade (something I have wanted for years).

What we really need is for a footballguy to take one for the team and go work for direct tv customer retention :thumbup:

Free Ticket! Yahoooo!!!! I didn't need all the other credits. I just didn't want to pay when new folks get it for free.

:chaChing:

the DirecTV dish has to be FACING THE SOUTHERN SKY.... if you are in an apartment or condo that does not have a deck/balcony facing SOUTH, you may have issues getting DirecTV hooked up.If you have a house, no problemo.To add to what another poster said, if there is VERY HEAVY RAIN you will lose signal until it passes through your area. Luckily in the 2 seasons we've had DTV, i cannot recall an important football game or UFC pay per view being disrupted by rain in my area. Now if you live in Seattle, that may be a different story lol!

Just got the ticket for free. Five minute call. Easy like Sunday Morning.
What did you say?
Didn't paste the details as they are similar to what many others have posted.Called DirecTV. At the menu said "cancel service". The robot voice asked if I really wanted to cancel. Said "yes. One ring and connected to an operator. She greeted me by telling me she was happy to have me as a customer since 2001. I immediately told her that the reason I signed with DirecTV was to get the Sunday Ticket. However, they'd priced me out and the wife and I had decided we can't afford it anymore. Since I wasn't buying the ticket there was no reason to stick around unless they could entice me to stay, I'd be switching to cable.She immediately said "Would you stay if we could offer you the Sunday ticket at half price?" I replied "Can you do any better than that?" She replied "Well, I'm authorized to give you the Sunday Ticket for Free." I told her to go ahead. She fiddled around on her computer and it was a done deal.You don't have to haggle much. I think if you're a customer for any length of time, and have generally paid your bill on time, they'll throw the kitchen sink at you if you ask for it.

I got $20/month off and a new HD/DVR receiver (free) and wireless Cinema On Demand (free). Not too bad. But I wasn't going to threaten to cancel. DTV has WAY better bustomer service than AT&T or Comcast. No experience with DISH, but I like DTV.

I made the annual call today and came away very unhappy after reading the posts in this thread. A woman told me she could offer me $15 off for 24 months and I told her that wasn't good enough. My contract with Directv ends on August 31st. I told her I am planning on switching to Dish at the end of the month. She asked me if she could put in the cancel order request for August 31st and I told her I would call back after I had finalized everything with Dish. I guess I will have to call and try and get someone else.

I just called again and a rep named Joel offerred me $30 off for 6 months, making the Ticket $23 a month instead of $53. Also, said he would give me a free HD/DVR for the bedroom at no cost, but have to sign a 2 year agreement. Asked him if he could give the Sunday Ticket for free with the new contract and he said no. He did say he could add the To Go for free, but I don't need it. I have his number to call back if I want to go forward.

I just signed up for DirecTV service in April and am under contract for 2 years so I don't have the threat of cancellation in my back pocket... I called the other the day and the best deal they would give me is the renewal rate of $53/month with an additional $20 off the first month.

Does anyone have any experience with getting a ST deal while still at the beginning of your contract??

Got a visit from the AT&T U-Verse salesman last week. The wife's eyes lit up when he made all of his promises. I knew right there I had all the ammo I needed. Same routine as everyone "cancel", the wife wants to switch (which is actually true in my case ;) ), what can you do to compete?

I got my subscription package upgraded and $30 off per month, free DVR and ST for $203. I'm planning on calling back and asking about the ST to go and while I'm there asking if they can come down from the $203. We'll see.

Honestly, I love DTV and this is one of the reasons why. I tried this with Comcast for internet and I was transferred to 3 different states and 2 different countries only to get a "Sorry, but no" from some dude in Bangledesh, no joke.

If you switch to Direct TV and I assume it is a 12 month contract, you get the ticket for free. It was hard for Direct TV to market it in May/June/July because of the lockout so they are simply throwing it in this year. Many will get hooked, they probably will report record profits after the 2012 season when they switch back to something like $300 for the ticket spread out over 4 months and then Free Direct TV during those 4 month etc...if you were ever thinking of getting this, 2011 is the season to do so.
Everythings 24 month contracts now and if you cancel it is 20 a month for the rest of the contract.6 months down the line you have to move to a place that can't get directv you pay them $360 for watching their programing 6 months.
I know this quote is old, but thought I should pass on some info since I have dealt with this before. If you move to a place where DirecTV is not available (either because of restrictions or view of the sky), they will waive the 24 month contract thing. Because of this, I'm always willing to sign up for an extra 24 months because I have no real intentions of ever leaving DirecTV.

Under Contract thru next september.

Went to retention. Got brandon on the phone. Very energetic guy.

I'm an extra innings subscriber as well as Sunday ticket so my bill got hit with the final EI tab (33.99) and the first Sunday Ticket tab (53.99). Explained that I had just got a flyer for Dish Network for $19.99 for a compalrable package and the GF was #####ing about it. Explained I loved football but 75% of my watching is done with the REd zone package and Dish offered that free.

He immediately fired off the Ticket for free, saying we've been a great customer (since 07) and he understood that some people were getting it for free and we should be one of those people. Then said that while he didn't have the authorization to do more NOW, I should call back in a couple weeks if the GF isn't happy with the level of discounts and they could probably throw some recurring monthly credits on there as well. Basically this guy was ready to give away the store. :lmao:

So.... Free Ticket. :banned:

As someone without DTV or the possibility of getting it/any other dish service, how would you compare "ST To Go" to something like slingbox? It claims you get HD quality and up to 4 games on one screen at once. If this is the case, I would love to hook my laptop up via HDMI to my tv and pay the $50 for the season.

$40 off for 7 yearsFree Sunday Ticket for lifeComplimentary breakfast at any Super 81/2 price massages at Whole FoodsNo discount on ppv adult channels but instead of 3 hour block get 7 hours2 pairs of refurbished New Balances3 weeks free of Zone diet$5 off Lee Iaccoca biography$47 cashMeet and greet with Man vs. Food guykeychain
You can't beat that at Cas Walker's
Damn, that guy must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night or something.

Under contract til August of next year. One call and got the Ticket and To Go for $160.

I didn't feel confident that I could get it all for free since I'm still locked in for a year. I can deal with this price.

$40 off for 7 yearsFree Sunday Ticket for lifeComplimentary breakfast at any Super 81/2 price massages at Whole FoodsNo discount on ppv adult channels but instead of 3 hour block get 7 hours2 pairs of refurbished New Balances3 weeks free of Zone diet$5 off Lee Iaccoca biography$47 cashMeet and greet with Man vs. Food guykeychain
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Under contract til August of next year. One call and got the Ticket and To Go for $160.I didn't feel confident that I could get it all for free since I'm still locked in for a year. I can deal with this price.
I'm under contract thru september and I got it... plus they hinted that they could give me cash credits if I called back for more.

Cancelled ST last season because of REDZONE.

Since I live in the same city as my home team, i counldnt care less about anything other than scoring plays in the other games.

REDZONE is the greatest thing since Buffalo Wings.

I do think that the amount of your bill probably does affect the type of offer that you receive, even though they do seem random. We have the Select Classic channel package and only pay about $48 a month during the offseason, even with two DVRs. So I wasn't expecting to get an awesome offer, even though we've been with DirecTv since 2001, certainly not ST for free, but I hoped for the best.

I followed the "Cancel Service" routine and spoke to Cody. First, he gave me a $5 discount on our bill for 24 months ($120 savings) and then he offered ST for 4 payments of $39.99 ($175 savings off the renewal cost) with no contract. I asked him if he had any better offers, even if it meant going back on a contract. He checked and said that he could give me $10 off for 6 months (another $60 in savings) and still no contract. So, I effectively ended up paying $99 for ST over 4 months and will eventually end up saving $355, and still no contract!

I'm pretty happy with that outcome.

Cancelled ST in March (should have waited until now...would have more leverage). Called to reinstate. Got it down to 4 payments of $39.99, plus $5 off HBO for three months ($10.99 vs. $15.99).

Not the best deal by a longshot but not bad. Half off.

My annual call. Customer since 1996

I always blame the wife - told them this year that "they screwed up by running commercials that say the Sunday Ticket is free with DirectTV because now my wife wants to know why I'm paying for it" (=

I then add that we're going to AT&T Uverse to get the RedZone.

I got:

Free HD DVR

Sunday ticket for $160

$17 off for one year

As I was going through the confirmation process I remembered that I forgot to ask for ST to Go. She said it was $50. I asked if there was anything she could do. She said "Let me type in 'Loyalty'". Sure enough: Free!

I just got off phone with Directv and landed this deal

Free ST

Free Redzone and other To Go pkg

Free DVR & HD for a yr

Another $15 off my monthly bill

I just have Total Choice pkg with no movie channels

No contract and customer since 98'

Just called. Been a customer since 2001, so they usually hook me up.Told them that Dish was giving me a big push and their having the Red Zone finally made it viable. She offered $20 off Sunday Ticker for 6 months (so $120 off) and I told her that DISH was offering me a lot more to leave, plus it was kind of offensive that DTV is giving new customers the Ticket for free and here I am, a customer of more than 10 years, having to jump through hoops.She put me on hold, and came back with:*** $20 off Sunday Ticker per month ($120)*** $50 one time credit*** $5 off HBO per month for a year*** Continued waiver of my HD fees ($10 per month x 12 = $120)*** Free Sunday Ticket to GO :pickle: ($60 value)*** $50 credit toward pay-per-viewsSo all in I got $460 of "discounts" which completely erases the list price of Sunday Ticket and To Go. :thumbup:
this was great, as i used this as a template, and I also got a hold of a good rep.I had called dish, found out there best offer, called in to dtv and stated:I am done. . . My receivers arent working, i have a good offer from dish, and its time to cancel after 9 years.Dtv: well, what is the offer from dish? What will it take to make you happy?Bingo. Done deal. I stated dish's offer: 250 plus programming, free equipment, free hd. Free installation, 66 bucks for 12 months then 73 after. The offer i received:New equipment, 3 dvrs. 2 with hdhd waived, 24 months. 240 savings6 months, 20 off. 120 savingsHalf off starz, cinemax 6 months 72 savings6 months, 5 off hbo and showtime. 60 savingssunday ticket, reduced to 5 payments at 33 apiece, 200 savingsfree ticket to go: 60 savingsnew bill: 77.98Total savings: 752.00, not counting new equipment.I was taken care of, adriana was the rep, from texas good luck fellas

My wife cancelled DirecTv after the season was over and we switched to Dish because it is cheaper. She was going to go with Cable but since they didn’t have the NFL network I talked her out of that.

This will be the 1st time in about 11 years that I won’t have the Sunday ticket. I sure hope the Giants get a lot of nationally televised games. I did sign up for the Redzone so I hope that will keep me from going into withdrawals too bad

Had a similar experience to most. Called and mentioned going to Dish Network because of lower prices and the option of just having the Redzone package.

They gave me NFL Sunday Ticket for free (initially offered it for half off, but I told her that the Redzone package was still cheaper and it was all I really wanted), along with a $35 discount on my package for the next six months, with a $20 disc for the next year.

When is the latest to call and get this all taken care of? I'm in Canada and need to get into the US to make the phone call.

My wife cancelled DirecTv after the season was over and we switched to Dish because it is cheaper. She was going to go with Cable but since they didn’t have the NFL network I talked her out of that.This will be the 1st time in about 11 years that I won’t have the Sunday ticket. I sure hope the Giants get a lot of nationally televised games. I did sign up for the Redzone so I hope that will keep me from going into withdrawals too bad
Are you happy with Dish? We cancelled ticket two years ago due to price and want to switch to Dish because of price, but we have always had good customer service with DTV...... I would like to get an idea of what to expect with Dish if possible..... Thanks!

Their retention team is getting tougher

I've been threatening to leave & haggling with them for year - been with DTV since 2006 - I usually get the ST down to about $100 per year.

Spoke to Mark yesterday who gave me $30 off my bill for the next 6 months - bringing ST to $170.

Spoke to Tracy today and asked to cancel - going to Dish Network and the Red Zone for $60 per month - she offered to give me a credit of $150 to make up the difference of price and cancel my ST just giving me the Red Zone. This she says is now comparing apples to apples. If you're only getting the Red Zone with Dish Network - DTV can do the same and come close to their price. She also bashed Dish Network saying . . . .

If you record a movie you can't watchsomething else on another channel, etc.

Told her the final straw was the free ST offer to new subscriber - she didn't care.

She keeps telling me to compare apples to apples. THAT is not what I want - I want to keep DTV with the ST - but not pay for it.

Their retention team is getting tougherI've been threatening to leave & haggling with them for year - been with DTV since 2006 - I usually get the ST down to about $100 per year.Spoke to Mark yesterday who gave me $30 off my bill for the next 6 months - bringing ST to $170.Spoke to Tracy today and asked to cancel - going to Dish Network and the Red Zone for $60 per month - she offered to give me a credit of $150 to make up the difference of price and cancel my ST just giving me the Red Zone. This she says is now comparing apples to apples. If you're only getting the Red Zone with Dish Network - DTV can do the same and come close to their price. She also bashed Dish Network saying . . . .If you record a movie you can't watchsomething else on another channel, etc.Told her the final straw was the free ST offer to new subscriber - she didn't care.She keeps telling me to compare apples to apples. THAT is not what I want - I want to keep DTV with the ST - but not pay for it.
I think it may just be the individual reps. I've worked in call centers before where you have a certain amount of leeway with what you offer. Some reps will just offer you the best deal right away, while others will try to do the best thing for the company by negotiating with you and slowly increasing the offer. Then there are the kind of try to read the customer and realize that they are bluffing, and offer them the bare minimum possible and call their bluff.

This just made my day. Coworkers want to know what the heck is so funny. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread