What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do we HAVE to go through this every year? (1 Viewer)

KillerNerd

Footballguy
Come on guys, stop smoking on the FF pipe for a couple minutes. Every year we talk about the draft and all the stud can't miss RBs and Qbs that'll be taken in the first 5-10 picks, and all the trades that'll happen- but it never seems to happen. Now I am reading posts that have D.Williams going #4 and LenDale going #5 after Young/Bush/Leinart. Please send me whatever it is you are smoking. Wasn't SJax going to be in the top 10? Wasn't A.Rodgers competing to be the #1 pick last year. I am excited as the next guy to see where the new rookie crop lands, but can we at least TRY to be realistic??

Come on guys, stop smoking on the FF pipe for a couple minutes. Every year we talk about the draft and all the stud can't miss RBs and Qbs that'll be taken in the first 5-10 picks, and all the trades that'll happen- but it never seems to happen. Now I am reading posts that have D.Williams going #4 and LenDale going #5 after Young/Bush/Leinart. Please send me whatever it is you are smoking. Wasn't SJax going to be in the top 10? Wasn't A.Rodgers competing to be the #1 pick last year. I am excited as the next guy to see where the new rookie crop lands, but can we at least TRY to be realistic??
Putting aside for a minute that last year's first five picks were QB, RB, WR, RB, RB...you need to separate the RB hype from the QB hype.RBs haven't in recent years gone as high...prior to last year's trio, Tomlinson was the only top 5 back since 2001.

QBs, on the other hand:

2005 -- 1st overall

2004 -- 1st overall, 4th overall, 11th overall
2003 -- 1st overall, 7th overall
2002 -- 1st overall, 3rd overall
2001 -- 1st overall
2000 -- None in the top 15
1999 -- 1st overall, 2nd overall, 3rd overall, 11th overall, 12th overall
1998 -- 1st overall, 2nd overall
1997 -- None in the top 15
1996 -- None in the top 15
1995 -- 3rd overall, 5th overall
1994 -- 3rd overall, 6th overall
1993 -- 1st overall, 2nd overall
1992 -- 6th overall
1991 -- None in the top 15
1990 -- 1st overall, 7th overall

Come on guys, stop smoking on the FF pipe for a couple minutes.  Every year we talk about the draft and all the stud can't miss RBs and Qbs that'll be taken in the first 5-10 picks, and all the trades that'll happen- but it never seems to happen.  Now I am reading posts that have D.Williams going #4 and LenDale going #5 after Young/Bush/Leinart.  Please send me whatever it is you are smoking.  Wasn't SJax going to be in the top 10?  Wasn't A.Rodgers competing to be the #1 pick last year.  I am excited as the next guy to see where the new rookie crop lands, but can we at least TRY to be realistic??
Putting aside for a minute that last year's first five picks were QB, RB, WR, RB, RB...you need to separate the RB hype from the QB hype.RBs haven't in recent years gone as high...prior to last year's trio, Tomlinson was the only top 5 back since 2001.

QBs, on the other hand:

2005 -- 1st overall

2001 -- 1st overall
1992 -- 6th overall
Where are you going with this?

Come on guys, stop smoking on the FF pipe for a couple minutes.  Every year we talk about the draft and all the stud can't miss RBs and Qbs that'll be taken in the first 5-10 picks, and all the trades that'll happen- but it never seems to happen.  Now I am reading posts that have D.Williams going #4 and LenDale going #5 after Young/Bush/Leinart.  Please send me whatever it is you are smoking.  Wasn't SJax going to be in the top 10?  Wasn't A.Rodgers competing to be the #1 pick last year.  I am excited as the next guy to see where the new rookie crop lands, but can we at least TRY to be realistic??

QBs, on the other hand:

2005 -- 1st overall

2001 -- 1st overall
1992 -- 6th overall
Well, I wasn't sure if you were :fishing: or not, but just in case you weren't, I wanted to point out that the "hype" you speak of is considerably justified when it comes to QBs historically, but the notion that 3 RBs will AGAIN go in the top 5 is a far less likely scenario.In terms of this year, we know that Bush = the 1st pick. Ultimately I would expect LenDale and DeAngelo to come off the board within the first 20 picks or so, with one of them [my bet is Williams] also being a top 10 pick alongside Bush.

I love all the "can't miss" hype that starts before guys play a single NFL down. I was banging my head against the proverbial brick wall last year with some of the dudes on these boards.Last year, guys on these boards were clamoring about the 8 RBs that were gonna come out of last year's class... HA!"Can't miss"! Guess what, they do! Every year!

I love all the "can't miss" hype that starts before guys play a single NFL down. I was banging my head against the proverbial brick wall last year with some of the dudes on these boards.

Last year, guys on these boards were clamoring about the 8 RBs that were gonna come out of last year's class... HA!

"Can't miss"! Guess what, they do! Every year!
Actually I remember a great many people railing about how there was NO WAY 3 RBs would go in the top 5 picks, while others [myself included] emphatically suggested there WOULD be. :whistle: I think we need to remember that discussing where a player will and should be drafted is often QUITE different from projecting how they will perform once they're in the league.

QBs, on the other hand:

2005 -- 1st overall

2001 -- 1st overall
1992 -- 6th overall
Well, I wasn't sure if you were :fishing: or not, but just in case you weren't, I wanted to point out that the "hype" you speak of is considerably justified when it comes to QBs historically, but the notion that 3 RBs will AGAIN go in the top 5 is a far less likely scenario.In terms of this year, we know that Bush = the 1st pick. Ultimately I would expect LenDale and DeAngelo to come off the board within the first 20 picks or so, with one of them [my bet is Williams] also being a top 10 pick alongside Bush.
Not fishing. I could buy that Leinart and Bush would top 3 locks. Now maybe somebody'll take a stab at Young that high (personally don't agree with that). However, now I am reading through posts that have Williams and LenDale in the top 5 and even talks of Calhoun going top 10-15. That kind of talk is just ######ed.

QBs, on the other hand:

2005 -- 1st overall

2001 -- 1st overall
1992 -- 6th overall
Not fishing. I could buy that Leinart and Bush would top 3 locks. Now maybe somebody'll take a stab at Young that high (personally don't agree with that). However, now I am reading through posts that have Williams and LenDale in the top 5 and even talks of Calhoun going top 10-15. That kind of talk is just ######ed.
I agree to an extent. It's not unlikely three or four RBs go in the first round, but Bush is absolutely the only one that's a "lock" to go in the top 10 much less the top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread