What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do we think an openly gay man can get elected to the presidency in this country? (1 Viewer)

It is cute when liberals pretend to care about military service. 
You’ve posted a lot of silly and offensive stuff in this forum, but this is probably the worst. I have relatives who fought for this country who were life long liberals and Democrats. One of them was in the Bataan death march. If you have any shame at all you’ll apologize for this awful post. 

It was mentioned earlier, but foreign policy has to be the biggest hurdle. I think the only way he gets over that is a strong hard nose VP

Yes.   We voted a black man president.  We would have voted a female president if she could have gone from terrible to decent.  Sure, there will be people against but as a whole a gay man can win.  Hopefully he runs on issues and doesn't run on being gay though.
While I really would love to see this happen, I'm not very optimistic about this. The Trump election was a surprise for a specific reason. The conservative voters made their voices heard in 2016, and their voices, we can assume, are very anti-LGBTQI. As we have seen before, what is politics if not a numbers game, right? Call me cynical, but I don't think we as a nation are there yet.

While I really would love to see this happen, I'm not very optimistic about this. The Trump election was a surprise for a specific reason. The conservative voters made their voices heard in 2016, and their voices, we can assume, are very anti-LGBTQI. As we have seen before, what is politics if not a numbers game, right? Call me cynical, but I don't think we as a nation are there yet.
Some yes. However to say trump voters are mostly anti-LGBTQ is ignoring many many other factors

timschochet said:
You’ve posted a lot of silly and offensive stuff in this forum, but this is probably the worst. I have relatives who fought for this country who were life long liberals and Democrats. One of them was in the Bataan death march. If you have any shame at all you’ll apologize for this awful post. 
Curious, and you can take this off line if you prefer, but did your relative survive, did he survive subsequent interment, did he return to this country and if so what did he do for a living afterwards?  Has he ever returned to the P.I.?  Has he ever or did he ever visit Japan on a vacation?   

Oh, I would also be interested in his views On MacArthur, if he shared them and if you would care to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald Trump broke the glass ceiling for any living breathing human being. If the first innernet troll with clinical narcissism can win, anyone can.

Users who are viewing this thread