What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you think Snyder should change the name of the Redskins? (5 Viewers)

Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

• No

Votes: 312 43.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 320 44.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 89 12.3%

• Total voters
Don Quixote said:
Just going with “Washington Football Team” this year.  They’ll probably get roasted for it, but seems to make sense versus rushing a new name/logo/etc.
Another set of jerseys to sell!

Warriors would be a huge own-goal, squandering any good will they generated by announcing the name change. 

Generals is ridiculous. Why name your team after a laughingstock?
Can’t go with Presidents as there have been racist and slave owning presidents

Don Quixote said:
Just going with “Washington Football Team” this year.  They’ll probably get roasted for it, but seems to make sense versus rushing a new name/logo/etc.
Isn't this the name that some in the media have been using since the start of this thread?  (Or at least asserted they would use.)

Okay, let's ignore the Saints logo in here.

5 years from today, I am willing to bet that the name of the NFL team that plays in Kansas City will still be "The Chiefs".  Considering the fact that I have 5 kids to put through college, I'm hoping you'll agree to a low stakes wager of $50ish, but could be talked into more or less.  Obviously, we've learned the hard way that gambling with internet strangers can be a really bad idea thanks to @cstu but I have been around these boards for almost 20 years, have never failed to pay out a wager and have paid out all fantasy sports winners on time, every time for a long long time covering numeros leagues in various sports.

You seem like an honorable fellow to me, I'm willing to shake on this.
One step closer :towelwave:

Yep, the Chiefs just showed their hand. They arent quite ready to admit it yet. 
:confused:   What happened? Google News has nothing, and they're usually reliable on stuff like this.

The Patrick Mahomes thing (walking out of camp because of the team name) didn't happen.

Doug B said:
:confused:   What happened? Google News has nothing, and they're usually reliable on stuff like this.

The Patrick Mahomes thing (walking out of camp because of the team name) didn't happen.
Lol did he actually say he was going to this?

Doug B said:

No more horse and maybe some other cosmetic changes.  I don't think they are changing the name, but Max has 4 more years (well 3 years and 50 weeks) to collect on his bet if I'm wrong. 

No more horse and maybe some other cosmetic changes.  I don't think they are changing the name, but Max has 4 more years (well 3 years and 50 weeks) to collect on his bet if I'm wrong. 
Yeah, the horse thing and debate over prohibiting the tomahawk chop. 

It's only a matter of time...

I actually grew to like Washington Football Team. Seemed like a classic, soccer type name.
me too.  Maybe change it to football club?  Logo similar to a soccer logo?  I really wanted redwolves but alas. 

I also didnt mind anacostians.  I still feel some sort of tribute to native americans would be nice. 

me too.  Maybe change it to football club?  Logo similar to a soccer logo?  I really wanted redwolves but alas. 

I also didnt mind anacostians.  I still feel some sort of tribute to native americans would be nice. 
Or go full Football Club and sell the team helmet sponsorship.    Chevy logo.   US Steel would be awesome.    GoDaddy.

I hope the word commander has be thoroughly scrubbed for not being used by individuals in the past that harmed black or brown people.
There have been countless "commanders" in wars past who've undoubtedly done bad things...I bet some of em were even racist...It seems a lil to war-ry, and patriarchal.....how long before the woke mob has a problem with this name?     I'm half joking, but half seriousness.

Users who are viewing this thread