What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does Any QB Get Less Respect Than Hasselbeck? (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
People don't even know how to spell his name right despite being one of the best QB's in the league the past 4 years and making the Pro Bowl in 2003 and 2005. Just wondering why more people don't like Matt HasselbEck.

Because he hasn't won a playoff game until this year. When he wins the Super Bowl, he'll win some respect.Next year they've got some real opponents. Give me a 13-3 Schedule in '06 and I'll believe you.He's a very good quarterback, but he's not yet in that elite status of Brady, Manning, McNabb....We don't really know how good this Seahawks team is because they've been beating up on the worst of the NFL all year. Even if they win the Super Bowl, they'll have beaten two 6 seeds and a 5 seed (has to be an NFL first)--a fitting finish for a team with the easiest schedule and division in the league.

Because he hasn't won a playoff game until this year. When he wins the Super Bowl, he'll win some respect.

Next year they've got some real opponents. Give me a 13-3 Schedule in '06 and I'll believe you.

He's a very good quarterback, but he's not yet in that elite status of Brady, Manning, McNabb....

We don't really know how good this Seahawks team is because they've been beating up on the worst of the NFL all year.

Even if they win the Super Bowl, they'll have beaten two 6 seeds and a 5 seed (has to be an NFL first)--a fitting finish for a team with the easiest schedule and division in the league.
This post is tired. Hass is 34-18 or so in the last 4 years. Hasn't been the 'easiest' schedule every year. Plus he personally has had now 4 great playoff games (almost 120 rating avg). Lose the SOS argument, it's a moot point. Is it the Hawks fault that 5 and 6 beat 3 and 4? Or that the 6 team in the AFC beat 1, 2 and 3? Cream rises to the top.

Just wondering why more people don't like Matt HasselbEck.
It's the hair.......or lack thereof.Nobody likes a guy who;

#1 Is as young as he is and has severe chrome domeitis.

#2 Has the money to fix the chrome domeitis but doesn't.

Great question.I agree that Tim Hasselbeck is vastly underated. He wasn't even drafted in our fantasy league last season, and his wife seems to get more t.v. time than he does. Most people aren't even sure of what team he plays for.GO HAWKS!

People don't even know how to spell his name right despite being one of the best QB's in the league the past 4 years and making the Pro Bowl in 2003 and 2005.

On a related note...Does any word get less respect than "definitely"?

People don't even know how to spell this word right despite being one of the best words in the dictionary the past 400 years and making the Thesaurus in 2003 and 2005 (probably 2004 too, though I haven't checked).

Just wondering why more people don't like "definItely".

(Don't even get me started on the use of "their/they're/there" and "your/you're" around here. These are Pro Bowl words that are treated like bench warmers.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of HIM?I belive that dotman is referring to HER. The her would be Mama McNabb and her Chunky Soup. I have tried this soup and find it to be a greatest meal of alltime. It is disappointing that people misspell Hasselbeck's name, but how underrated would a person have to be for people not to understand their gender?

It's the hair.......or lack thereof.

Nobody likes a guy who;

#3 Has the self-confidence to be bald and not give a rat's ### what others think.

It's the hair.......or lack thereof.

Nobody likes a guy who;

#3 Has the self-confidence to be bald and not give a rat's ### what others think.
#4 Trying to emulate Terry Bradshaw

Does any QB get less respect than Hasselbeck
Warnerformer MVP, former Supe winner, current leader in career QB rating

You may have a point. My hairline is similar to Matt's and very few people list me as one of the elite qb's. This kind of bias has to end!

GO HAWKS

It's the hair.......or lack thereof.Nobody likes a guy who;

Folicist. :thumbdown: I'm sure Larry David is on my side on this and would agree that Hasselbeck winning the Super Bowl would be very good for the bald community.

I have not seen Hasselback play a whole lot, but watch him against the Redskins. Hasselback was very impressive. When the pass protection fell apart, he made plays and kept drives alive. All this without his starting rb.

On a side note: Seattle will win the Super Bowl. They are better than Pittsburg across the board. I also posted this in a more appropriate thread.

Because he hasn't won a playoff game until this year. When he wins the Super Bowl, he'll win some respect.

Next year they've got some real opponents. Give me a 13-3 Schedule in '06 and I'll believe you.

He's a very good quarterback, but he's not yet in that elite status of Brady, Manning, McNabb....

We don't really know how good this Seahawks team is because they've been beating up on the worst of the NFL all year.

Even if they win the Super Bowl, they'll have beaten two 6 seeds and a 5 seed (has to be an NFL first)--a fitting finish for a team with the easiest schedule and division in the league.
Odd how Hasselback needs to win a Super Bowl to be consider with other great, noon-Super Bowl winning qbs.

Things I think keep Hasselbeck from being more popular:

1. Low, unheralded draft pick - 6th round.

2. Spent 2 years on the bench (behind one of the best QB's ever)

3. Was a high-profile acquisition by the Seahawks with a lot of expectations.

4. Took a couple years to develop into a top QB in Seattle.

5. Bald - doesn't get all the female fan attention

6. Plays in Seattle and a lot of people don't get to see him play.

7. It's considered Shaun Alexander's team and he gets most of the attention.

Being a bald man, I can assure you that the ladies love us for who we are. It's guys who have trouble respecting us for our greatness that causes us not to get our just rewards. Jealously is an ugly thing. Tell your wives that I said Hi.

GO HAWKS!

If Jeff Garcia can get two Playboy playmates to get in a fight over him, I'm not sure female attention is a factor.
Difference is, Jeff Garthia is in touch with his feminine side. Some Chicks dig the sensitive, effeminate, metro-sexual males....like Garthia.

If Jeff Garcia can get two Playboy playmates to get in a fight over him, I'm not sure female attention is a factor.
Difference is, Jeff Garthia is in touch with his feminine side. Some Chicks dig the sensitive, effeminate, metro-sexual males....like Garthia.
Not on a national level though and you'll never see him on the cover of GQ like Brady.

Are you speaking from your personal experiences Big Score? (j/k)
Read it in the wife's Cosmopolitan while while on throne. Then tried to "get in touch" with my feminne side.BTW......I failed. Guess I'm just not cut out to be a modern man :P

Things I think keep Hasselbeck from being more popular:1. Low, unheralded draft pick - 6th round.2. 3. 4. Took a couple years to develop into a top QB in Seattle.5. 6. Plays in Seattle and a lot of people don't get to see him play.7.
I think these are the big reasons - in reverse order.

That's quite a relief.

You are one of the best posters (outside of Smoo) on this site. I'm glad that my humor didn't offend you.

Do you mind sending me the Cosmo when your finished? I could use some enlightenment.

GO HAWKS

That's quite a relief.

You are one of the best posters (outside of Smoo) on this site. I'm glad that my humor didn't offend you.

Do you mind sending me the Cosmo when your finished? I could use some enlightenment.

GO HAWKS
Nah you didn't offend me...it was funny :thumbup: I'll see what I can do about scanning the Cosmo article and posting it.

Maybe HasslebAck will read it, put the tips into practice and then he might finally get some respect (despite his hair deficiet)...just like Jeffy Garthia. ;)

I have not seen Hasselback play a whole lot, but watch him against the Redskins. Hasselback was very impressive. When the pass protection fell apart, he made plays and kept drives alive. All this without his starting rb.

On a side note: Seattle will win the Super Bowl. They are better than Pittsburg across the board. I also posted this in a more appropriate thread.
Does Pittsburgh get less respect than Seattle because you cannot spell the city's name properly? Thanks for that detailed analysis on why Seattle will win, by the way.

Things I think keep Hasselbeck from being more popular:

1. Low, unheralded draft pick - 6th round.

2. Spent 2 years on the bench (behind one of the best QB's ever)

3. Was a high-profile acquisition by the Seahawks with a lot of expectations.

4. Took a couple years to develop into a top QB in Seattle.

6. Plays in Seattle and a lot of people don't get to see him play.

7. It's considered Shaun Alexander's team and he gets most of the attention.
2 corrections 3.5: TANKED with a bad attitude his first 2 years. Couldn't even hold snaps for FGs without effing it up.

7. No one considers it SA's team. They know the knocks on him. This IS Hass' team, ever since the playoff quote, whoever you blame for the Bob Marley INT. THat confidence won him the team and he's backed it up ever since. . Who got the $26 million? Hass. And here's another thing, the Bald One isn't even the best player on the team!!!

Lots of QBs get less respect than Hasselbeck. Joey Harrington, Josh McCown, Alex Smith, David Carr, and every QB on the Miami roster to name just a few.

The Seahawks will never get any respect.

If they lose, everyone will say they only went 13-3 because of an easy schedule and weak conference and shouldn't have been there.

If they win, everyone will still say they beat 3 low seeds to win the super bowl.

To the Seahawks credit, while they did play two low seeds to get here, neither game was close in the end. They should be expected to win easily and did both times. They should be expected to win easily sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread