What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

does bad weather = more passing attempts or rushing? (1 Viewer)

Stealthycat

Footballguy
like the Seattle / Jets game .... with bad weather, does that mean far less rushing expected and a lot more passing ? I remember a few really bad weather/snow games that see to be all passing .... am I remembering correctly ?

Stealthycat said:
like the Seattle / Jets game .... with bad weather, does that mean far less rushing expected and a lot more passing ? I remember a few really bad weather/snow games that see to be all passing .... am I remembering correctly ?
Good luck in the Toilet Bowl.

Good luck in the Toilet Bowl.
I'm not so sure, I remember a few games like that as well. I think it all depends on the team. I think a team that isn't used to bad weather or goes down field a lot could be in trouble. A team that throws short timing patterns could throw a lot. Bad weather helps the offense. They know which way they are going to break, the defense doesn't.

Snow slows down the defensive rush allowing Q.B.'s more time. If runners or recievers understand how to run in the snow they have an advantage since they know where they are going and defensive reaction is slowed as the first step is always tentative. If ball carriers try too big of a move or a juke they will go down. Ball security is effected.

I look for more running and for the passing game to come in to the backs, T.E.'s and slot recievers. The ball gets hard and slippery. It is tough to throw and catch at longer distances. Wind exacerbates this. The nasty wildcard is that D.B.'s can fall down converting routine bubble screens to outside recievers to 80 yard T.D.'s

in my opinion...u must factor whether it's snow vs. sleet/ice.more conservative play calling on offense regardless of snow vs. ice. more rushes and short passing in snow. even less passing in sleet (really hard to routes w/ sharp cuts plus the ball is even slicker). on the flip side, the d-backs are also disadvantaged if off players can run proper routes.oh yeah, forget about PKs. teams w/ go for it more on 4th down unless the 3pts are really needed and they are w/in range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread