What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dolphins TE (1 Viewer)

tpuffer51

Footballguy
Who do you guys think will be the starting TE for the Fins? I'm leaning toward Sims. They did only keep 4 trur receivers on the roster. Seems they may go a lot of 2 TE sets? Thoughts?

Who do you guys think will be the starting TE for the Fins? I'm leaning toward Sims. They did only keep 4 trur receivers on the roster. Seems they may go a lot of 2 TE sets? Thoughts?
Not Clay?

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=669315&hl=clay

I saw Egnew in the Saints-Phins game, I thought he looked good, surprised he can never take off though.

Sims has been discussed too.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=683123&hl=egnew#entry15678886

Looks like a stay away until something develops. Not even on a watch list for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see much fantasy value at the position. Egnew would have good FF upside if he can get on the field, but I think Clay and Sims are more likely to play.

I probably pass altogether on these guys unless it's for next year then Sims is worth a stash in deeper leagues

I know for 99% of the leagues out there the play is to pass on this situation altogether. Unfortunately, I'm in a 32 man IDP dynasty league and could really use help sorting this mess out. I've got Egnew and Rodriguez on the roster.

I know for 99% of the leagues out there the play is to pass on this situation altogether. Unfortunately, I'm in a 32 man IDP dynasty league and could really use help sorting this mess out. I've got Egnew and Rodriguez on the roster.
One man's opinion but as a Dolphins homer, I'd roster Sims first, then Clay in dynasty. No to either Egnew or Rod, even in 32 teamer

Dolphins coaches have said Clay by default will get the nod at starting TE, take it for what it's worth but he has been there for 2 years already and has the most game snaps of any of them by a lot. I would take him in the 20th if you are dumpster diving for a TE2/3.

Sims is the future at TE for the Dolphins. He's already the best blocking TE on the team and would should serve as primary in-line TE. He's the one to hold for Dynasty and could have value at some point this season.Good size, good hands, not much of a seam buster-lot's of short passes in his future. Not tremendous upside but I see a little Dewayne Allen/Crumpler to his game.Likely a better blocker than both of those guys but that does nothing for fantasy. As a football player, not speaking for fantasy purposes, I think the Dolphins "hit" on him. Not a homerun or anything, but a solid multi year starter.

Sims is the future at TE for the Dolphins. He's already the best blocking TE on the team and would should serve as primary in-line TE. He's the one to hold for Dynasty and could have value at some point this season.Good size, good hands, not much of a seam buster-lot's of short passes in his future. Not tremendous upside but I see a little Dewayne Allen/Crumpler to his game.Likely a better blocker than both of those guys but that does nothing for fantasy. As a football player, not speaking for fantasy purposes, I think the Dolphins "hit" on him. Not a homerun or anything, but a solid multi year starter.
The rookie with the best camp so far has been PK-Caleb Sturgis according to all local media.

The rookie with the best camp so far has been PK-Caleb Sturgis according to all local media.
Great for Sturgis but not sure what that has to with Sims or the Dolphins TE situation?

Also Sims has slimmed down since MSU. He entered with Crumplers physique but now plays a bit longer. Not Finley, but more in that realm than Crumpler for me. Sims was definitely an excellent draft pick and will be fantasy relevant eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread