What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donnie Avery (1 Viewer)

Ok looks like second week in a row Avery is a non factor.

Watching the Rams/Jets and Bulger has tried to get it to Avery a number of times and each time the throw was off.

Next year we can start the kid i guess.

He wont be starting for me come playoff time

Ok looks like second week in a row Avery is a non factor.Watching the Rams/Jets and Bulger has tried to get it to Avery a number of times and each time the throw was off.Next year we can start the kid i guess.He wont be starting for me come playoff time
I am hoping he can get some garbage points in the second half before he sits on my bench for the rest of the year. The Rams are terrible.

He needs to show me something again to earn a spot back into the lineup. Benched for now.. Bulger looked horrible.

Safe to drop this cat now or what? I badly need RB depth on the WW, and I really have nobody else to drop.

Already have Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Kevin Curtis, Marvin Harrison, Santonio Holmes and Lance Moore at WR, so I can't see starting Avery the rest of the way. What I'm more worried about is dropping him, then having him come back to bite me in the ### by another team in the playoffs. I don't see that I have a choice though.

Isn't anyone concerned that Holt's targets have gone up since Haslett became coach? Could Holt return to prominence and push Avery back into the shadows?
Holt isn't doing anything with his targets, Avery is
:lmao:
Holt still hasn't done anything. Avery > Holt so far this yearI never said Avery is the 2nd coming of Art Monk. He's a rookie. A couple bad games & he's worthless now? Wow...

Giving him another start this week with a nice matchup.
The Jets were what, 25th against the pass? That should have been a good matchup too. ARI the week before also, and that was in the dome and a game the Rams were supposed to be up for. I'm starting to think the Rams are merely a case of whether SJax plays and plays well.

The Jets were what, 25th against the pass? That should have been a good matchup too. ARI the week before also, and that was in the dome and a game the Rams were supposed to be up for. I'm starting to think the Rams are merely a case of whether SJax plays and plays well.
:moneybag: until SJax is back I wouldnt start Avery

:thumbdown: until SJax is back I wouldnt start Avery
I agree :thumbdown:

He is sitting this week, either Breaston or L. Moore will be starting over him. I don't trust him. He's the definition of boom or bust.

:goodposting: until SJax is back I wouldnt start Avery
Avery's best game came when SJax didn't play. :ptts:

Still deciding between Ryan Grant,Avery or Ocho Sinco for the flex spot.

I usually pick the best matchup when in these situations and Avery has a nice matchup

Still deciding between Ryan Grant,Avery or Ocho Sinco for the flex spot.I usually pick the best matchup when in these situations and Avery has a nice matchup
okSo without anyone else giving the play by play on their decisions- what are the thoughts of Avery this week? He seems like he needs to break one long in order to have a good game:week 6: 4/73 with a 43 yard passweek 7: 4/55 with a 42 yard passweek 8: 6/163 with a 69 yard passTake those away and he's put up pretty cold numbers except for week 8. Seems to me he's a glorified version of Devery Henderson. Needs a deep ball otherwise he's worthless

This is a tough call. Expect the Niners to play well. But they can be beat deep. Avery will get chances. I'm leaning him over Braylon, for what it's worth.

It's a tossup for me between Avery, Breaston, and Driver. Real nail biter, but I am leaning toward Driver right now. If I start Avery last minute, I'll let everyone know because that is sure to torpedo his chance of having a good week.

It's a tossup for me between Avery, Breaston, and Driver. Real nail biter, but I am leaning toward Driver right now. If I start Avery last minute, I'll let everyone know because that is sure to torpedo his chance of having a good week.
I think Driver is the no doubter here. The Bears can't stop anybody from passing. I'm sitting Avery again - maybe you should start him since he'll probably go off!

Last edited by a moderator:
I live a mile or two from Candlestick, and can see the ballpark from my home. We have had a beautiful, windless day. Hung the laundry out to dry... nary a flap. It's evening, and we've got all the windows open.

Fear not the forces of air on the game of Avery.

Isn't anyone concerned that Holt's targets have gone up since Haslett became coach? Could Holt return to prominence and push Avery back into the shadows?
:popcorn:
Holt still hasn't done anything. Avery > Holt so far this yearI never said Avery is the 2nd coming of Art Monk. He's a rookie. A couple bad games & he's worthless now? Wow...
:confused: :coffee:

Bump here...Avery has had a few down games the past few weeks. The Rams have a nice schedule going forward but unfortunately their offense is a mess. Just wondering what people are expecting of him down the stretch, will he bounce back? or is he just too unpredictable?

Bump here...Avery has had a few down games the past few weeks. The Rams have a nice schedule going forward but unfortunately their offense is a mess. Just wondering what people are expecting of him down the stretch, will he bounce back? or is he just too unpredictable?
Would only consider starting him if SJax is healthy and Bulger is throwing. Otherwise, it seems the St Louis O has no chance of producing points.

He's dead to me...for this year. Too many problems with their offense.

The QB and RB and OL situation in StL are far to nebulous to start Avery with confidence. He should only be started as a desperate upside play if you have no other options.

:coffee:
:coffee: :coffee:
OMG his career is over, he is clearly the problem in STL. You can stop your trolling now. :goodposting:

:shrug:
:thumbup: :coffee:
Last 3 weeks:
Code:
NAME			 POS	YR	TARG   REC   RECYD  YD/REC  FD  RECTD   FANT PT1  Donnie Avery	   wr   2008	24	 12   136   11.33	 7   0		14.402  Torry Holt		 wr   2008	22	 10   149   14.90	 6   0		14.90
Avery: more targets and receptions. Holt: more yards. Both: stink right now.

Dropped Avery for Mark Bradley. With that offense I could not start Avery with any kind of confidence. Watching the Bears-Rams game was brutal.

I've been wanting to drop Avery for Hixon all week... and now this shooting news makes me even more anxious about it... but I think I'm set on sticking w/ Avery for one more week. Hixon is a little gimpy and has (by far) the less favorable schedule. We're talking my WR5 for the playoffs so I don't need a 6-7 point a week guy. So if Avery shows any sign of being able to put together some good games down the stretch, I'll hang on... otherwhise, Hixon should still be around on the wire after a tough game against the skins.

Good grief!

STL needs a running game, something they haven't had much of this year. When it was clicking, Avery was catching TDs. It's not, so he's not. I'm not saying he'll score a ton down the stretch, but I'm keeping him as a borderline WR3 in my start 3 WR league. I've got a bunch of good (but not great) WRs to help me in the playoffs -- he's one of them. I'm re-evaluating each week based on gut instinct and matchups.

EDIT TO ADD: I didn't start him this week. The matchup and gut instinct was bad as compared to my other guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread