What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don't sleep on Donte Moncrief: Draft Day steal (3 Viewers)

So basically, Moncreif was signed and brought in to be a starting WR for Pittsburgh. (One of the better scenarios in the NFL, well before Ben went down at least)

So Moncreif was thrown a starting job, and then he dropped that too , just like everything else.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers waived Donte Moncrief.

Moncrief was a massive bust for Pittsburgh after early-season drops made him a healthy scratch by Week 3. In total, the receiver was targeted 15 times this season, and he only caught four of them for just 18 yards. Only 26, Moncrief will get other chances but he's likely a depth option from this point forward. Diontae Johnson and James Washington will continue to be the secondary options behind JuJu Smith-Schuster for the Steelers.

RELATED: 

Pittsburgh Steelers

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 2, 2019, 4:02 PM ET

If they didn't cut him they would have lost their third round compensatory pick
Yep.  His drops on week 1 really hurt.  They weren’t going to beat NE on the road but he cost them a couple first downs and a TD that could have lessen the beat down.

He also let a pass bounce off his hands and into a defender in the Seahawks game that was costly as well.

To say he was a disaster is an understatement 

Last edited by a moderator:
 So basically, Moncreif was signed and brought in to be a starting WR for Pittsburgh. (One of the better scenarios in the NFL, well before Ben went down at least)

So Moncreif was thrown a starting job, and then he dropped that too , just like everything else.

TZM

Weird....... my post from 9/25/19 is applicable yet again, same player, same team. :lol:

Shame, I always sorta liked this guy.   Thought he could be a decent team player as a WR3 for many organizations. He was fair enough in INDY there for a stretch.

@grateful zed asked hof?    

Absolutely bro, he can acquire football HOF tickets online for the mere cost of $26.00 and if he waits until hes over 65, they drop to $22.00   :lol:

TZM

Panthers claimed Moncrief
What the hell are the Panthers thinking? Moncrief looked like a guy that got picked from the stands this year. How does a team pass on Josh Gordon, and then claim Moncrief who makes like 5X as much?

Panthers have Moore, Samuel, Wright, Hogan. Does Moncrief beat out any of them?

Panthers waived WR Donte Moncrief.

The Moncrief experiment is coming to an end. It's unlikely that he gets picked up again with just three weeks left in the season. Moncrief will have to make major adjustments to his game to be on an active roster in 2020. The Panthers are activating rookie WR/PR Greg Dortch off the practice squad.

RELATED: 

Carolina Panthers

SOURCE: Joseph Person on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 3:02 PM ET

What the hell are the Panthers thinking? Moncrief looked like a guy that got picked from the stands this year. How does a team pass on Josh Gordon, and then claim Moncrief who makes like 5X as much?

Panthers have Moore, Samuel, Wright, Hogan. Does Moncrief beat out any of them?
I missed this the first time around.

I would have answered that it has to do with the magic of depth. 

Jets signed WR Donte Moncrief.

It gives the Jets veteran depth with Breshad Perriman and Denzel Mims missing time with injuries. 27-year-old Moncrief looked washed in eight games between the Panthers and Steelers last year. He's not a lock to make the final roster.

SOURCE: ESPN New York

Aug 29, 2020, 10:44 AM ET

:yawn:   Nothing to see here with Moncrief.  We know what he is and on a fantasy squad shouldn't even be a consideration unless you have enormous rosters.  I take that back, not even with enormous rosters.

Users who are viewing this thread