What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (2 Viewers)

rickyg said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
I have no idea why the Titans haven't been using him.
He's raw, he doesn't block well, he doesn't know the full route tree. Blah blah blah.

When you have a talent like that on a team going nowhere, put the future there and let him learn by fire.

Have him run some easy routes. Let him go deep fo a few targets per game. Some back shoulder fades, throw him some screens and jump balls on slants.

Just get the ball in his hands. He'll learn as he goes. So dumb. Part of what got Whis fired. Improper usage of the players
you trying to get him killed?

rickyg said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
I have no idea why the Titans haven't been using him.
He's raw, he doesn't block well, he doesn't know the full route tree. Blah blah blah.When you have a talent like that on a team going nowhere, put the future there and let him learn by fire.

Have him run some easy routes. Let him go deep fo a few targets per game. Some back shoulder fades, throw him some screens and jump balls on slants.

Just get the ball in his hands. He'll learn as he goes. So dumb. Part of what got Whis fired. Improper usage of the players
you trying to get him killed?
Lol he's a big boy. He might do the killing.

Thumbs up to the new coach doing the obvious thing and letting him play. Hopefully he gets the Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin type treatment and get some nice targets.
10 targets is a good start. I saw that key play on the winning TD drive, thing of beauty. You have to give some credit for that win to DGB, and to the coaches for playing him instead of wiz playing Harry freakin Douglass for another loss. The point of this game is to exploit matchups, not play avg to below avg players to below avg win/loss records in a "safe" manner. Sure if you have AP and a good defense I can understand not taking chances but this isn't the case. DGB has shown more that Harry Douglass will ever show even though he missed valuable pre-season playing time which is a crime (they ended up cutting the vet that took all these valuable snaps) ... and now he is starting to get more opps so I think the "pre-emptive pickup last week hoping for an uptick in opps because of regime change" is starting to pan out. The best way to learn is to play. The new coach gets it. 5/77 on 10 targets is very respectable for what amounts to his first game with significant playing time/targets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not percentage but actual snap counts for DGB last 4 weeks:

He had 9 snaps Week 1, between 13-18 next three weeks. Obviously his utilization was way up this week.

Just picked him up. No idea what to expect but I'm desperate for WR help and he was the best option out there. At least there's upside.

Did anyone watch CAR/TEN this week? If so was Norman on DGB most of the game? I'm trying to deicde if I should write off this last week as a fluke because of Norman. Thanks in advance

Did anyone watch CAR/TEN this week? If so was Norman on DGB most of the game? I'm trying to deicde if I should write off this last week as a fluke because of Norman. Thanks in advance
I do not recall who covered him. It did not matter.

They threw two passes in first half to WRs, one of which was that bomb hail mary to end the half.

Terrible game plan that did not involve the WRs.

Second half several passes to Hunter on first down, couple to DGB. Very few.

Garbage time did involve WR targets, don't let it throw ya. They used a San Diego-esque playbook like sometimes last year. McCluster was Woodhead and Walker was Gates

Roto:

Dorial Green-Beckham played 29-of-46 snaps Week 10 against the Panthers.
It was his fourth game in a row playing over 60 percent of the snaps, and that trend is unlikely to change with Justin Hunter (broken ankle) done for the year. The problem is Green-Beckham has just 14 total targets over that span and is playing in an offense prone to collapse. Green-Beckham has the upside and role to remain a hold in all formats, but he cannot be trusted in the starting lineup. Nov 16 - 11:49 AM
46 snaps for a team is crazy low, no?

Roto:

It was his fourth game in a row playing over 60 percent of the snaps, and that trend is unlikely to change with Justin Hunter (broken ankle) done for the year. The problem is Green-Beckham has just 14 total targets over that span and is playing in an offense prone to collapse. Green-Beckham has the upside and role to remain a hold in all formats, but he cannot be trusted in the starting lineup. Nov 16 - 11:49 AM
Yeah it's 3 and outs, you stink, punt and get off the field type low

While no one chatted really in game thread. Others on twitter and another board I frequent...we all felt like that was a very typical Whisenhunt debacle. I joked he's piped into headsets. Michael has been totally a Whisenhunt boy. There was something very wrong about it and it starts with not admitting deficiencies and proficiencies and making up a game plan to suit. Because you want to "man up" and take on Carolina's 8 in the box, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It means your ego is making decisions

There's a lot of negativity about DGB last couple days.

I'm not sure if he's in the doghouse (He is only one of two WRs who have been active that can play) but I would say he's got the front of his foot in the entrance way of the dog house.

This play https://instagram.com/p/-Jsi2XQ8DN/

After game presser by Mularkey

Monday was about the same then this- (on how he will get Dorial Green-Beckham to fix issues like that going forward)

It was already addressed as soon as he came over to the bench in a real positive fashion. How he responded to it, again, was a young player’s response. It’s been addressed, he understands it, he’s going to see it on tape at some point that he needs to finish the route.

Before that- He struggled in practice last week and Mularkey said as such, so they were limiting his plays on Friday to make it where it was an amount he could handle.

I don't in anyway think the Titans want Turzilli and McBride to have to contribute significantly and replace DGB on Thursday.

I do think he needs to do well and not give them ten days (after Thursday) to do well in practice as he's in the doghouse.

Just wanted DGB owners to have some caution here is all.

Guy who traded me ARob for Forsett last week picked up DGB after the trade. He was having buyers remorse so I pimped Dorial big time. He started Willie Snead over him - zero zip zilch nada. Naturally he lost, & would have won had he stayed pat and not made the trade,

/CSB

Hope Dorial shows some progress the last 6/7 weeks left in the season. Truly gifted, but very raw. Seems like he needs a lot of work. You wonder sometimes with the über talented guys if they understand just how hard the superstars in the NFL worked to perfect their craft.

Bri said:
I don't in anyway think the Titans want Turzilli and McBride to have to contribute significantly and replace DGB on Thursday.

I do think he needs to do well and not give them ten days (after Thursday) to do well in practice as he's in the doghouse.

Just wanted DGB owners to have some caution here is all.
This may have changed today

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 25m25 minutes ago
Mularkey said "it's amazing" how well WR Andrew Turzilli has done already. Recall has been good, he said @Titans

Again I think Mularkey's feelings are souring on DGB-full quote below from Titansonline.

(on if it will be easier to get Andrew Turzilli up to speed as he was with the team during training camp)

Yeah, it was amazing some of the things he did already in the walk throughs since he came out here. He already had picked up some things, and that’s not easy to do. That’s hard. When you’re in another system, the terminology is different. I don’t care if you’ve been here for a camp or not. I experienced something like that when I was playing. It’s difficult to retain that much information and to be able to process it and come out here. But he picked it up. (Wide receivers coach) Shawn Jefferson has got a long night ahead of him, a long day tomorrow, and they’re going to be sitting together on the flight. So we’ll see how fast he takes it all in.

As much as anyone on this earth has a similar body type to DGB, Turzilli does. Not a freak but tall and fast.

To me that reads like they are getting him ready to play Thursday. My guess would be backup work, spell DGB.

Turzilli is lights out fast if he has a straight deep route-like Moss Calvin and others with those big strides. Everyone knew this heading into mini-camp but it was that he wasn't a complete WR. He showed he could do the rest and did real real well. If he didn't get hurt, I bet they'd have kept him and 5 WRs not 4. Anyhow bringing him back on short notice, I have to guess they only go with what he knows best so he'll go deep and DGB gets a breather. Titans have a large number of poorly designed run plays where they have the WR go deep rather than block, could be those plays too.

The only way I think he does anything more is if- Jags jump out to an early lead and they gotta use Mariota's arm or DGB struggles. Should be a somewhat common 4th WR role

Roto:

Titans suck, no?

Roto:

Titans suck, no?
They were playing the Panthers D, no shame in that.

I had such high hopes for this kid this year. Hopefully he can string together a few positive games before the end of the season and give the coaching staff some hope that they have enough in him to not draft another big time wr next year.

I unfortunately have to start him this week due to major bye issues. But my confide is so low I'm almost considering dropping him for another wr off the wire. And there is really garbage out there rt now. But the 2 times I have started him this year I've gotten goose egg and 14 yards.

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Titans

Dorial Green-Beckham caught 3-of-6 targets for 40 yards in Tennessee's Week 11 loss to the Jaguars.

It was a dispiriting night from the rookie wideout. DGB struggled mightily to create separation, and failed to make plays on a number of catchable balls from Marcus Mariota. Mariota's ball placement was far from ideal, but DGB didn't appear willing or able to catch anything but perfect passes. He also cost the Titans a few precious seconds late when he ambled to the line as Mariota prepared to spike the ball. As raw as advertised, the WR3 light isn't going to turn on for Green-Beckham this season.

Nov 20 - 12:11 AM

He looked terrible tonight.

Only leeway I'll give him is the Titans gotta have he and Mariota get more reps in together. He throws a nice ball to every WR and seems to have timing down fine. Every time it's to DGB he's gotta leap, dive, or fight for it. It's rarely in stride and easy.

Early in camp/preseason he couldn't beat press coverage and I was thinking aww cmon you're a giant, push em away. You're fast, speed past them. What's with that? He got way better pretty quickly. Last two games they have held him up with ease. It's like he reverted his progress in this regard. That surely doesn't make Mariota's job any easier. He's gotta fix that asap.

To me, the lack of "my ball" mentality was the most disappointing thing about DGB last night. Route running/separation can potentially be refined, but the approach to the game could just be who he is. Too early to say, but not a promising trend.

Dgb dynasty and redraft owner here. Last night was the first time this season I got to see this turd play extended snaps.

Not encouraging. He looked lost out there. Like he's never played organized football in his life before. Very strange. Didn't show anything. No heart. No effort. No knowledge of routes or blocking. Nothing.

Very disappointing. Why has he been doing all offseason and for the last 10 weeks? Has he even opened the playbook? Is he dense?

Yuck.

I would totally understand if mularkey benched him moving forward in favor or turzilli or McBride.

I really think there is nothing there. The next Kris Durham. Lol

And this is a HUGE turn around for me. I was a big dgb proponent this season. I was wrong about him. Dead wrong. Embarrassed.

One thing brought up late last night that has me thinking this morning is some combo of Whis/Mularkey/Shawn and their effect on Hunter.

In 3 years, many around here forget where he was drafted and how he was thought of then.

At this point, DGB has had almost the very same things happen to him and almost the same quotes said.

Both started their first camp in doghouse then got after it and were complimented.

Both started their careers with outstanding fight for the ball, grabbed some high lobs and only caught TDs.

Last year (Hunter's 2nd) Whis said he had one position down and was learning the next, needed to know all three. Same thing about DGB also mid-camp. IN-season, Whis(and Mularkey) said Hunter is limited by plays he knows, DGB overwhelmed by all the new plays too much at once.

Drops in camp-each stayed extra with Jeggs machine

Each were king of the world and then quickly were losing confidence. Each blamed by a coach in presser.

Each called out for routes that cost the team the game.

Each have gone these very long stretches in games without a pass and then suddenly it's coming.

Each called out for not running full speed on 15th(or some #) deep route in a row where it ain't coming to them and who wouldn't slow up 25 yards away from a run play.

I also seriously want to know why 6-4 Hunter and 6-5 DGB always get passes at their feet or that they have to dive for. Locker, Mett, Whitehurst, Mariota...they all do it to them but I didn't see all that many low passes to the rest of the WRs. They're tall and take longer to get down, I guess. Why? Why do they do this? I really wonder what the deal is with that.

For Hunter, year three he had been mister perfect. Had a great camp, learned every position, got all sorts of compliments on his knowledge of playbook. Whis spoke of him being moved around, he and Wright the veterans now etc. He was NOT a key cog in the offense as presented. Last week, the 2nd half, he got a pass almost every first down. That's it. Probably 4-5 targets a game. It was certainly not some big reward for doing everything right and buying into the system etc.

I have often thought Hunter got called out too much. (I absolutely support some flack and calling out a player, just it got to be too much) I think Jefferson, collectively, too rough on the kid and his confidence shattered had something to do with the drops. Guy caught everything as a rook and every TC there's people saying how he made great catches, drills shown to public are where he has outstanding hands. This summer he had a "tune them out" mindset like high school kids get. He was finally not letting comments or insults affect him. He didn't have many drops this year. He muffed the easiest pass ever, a deep ball with no one around and yeah that was bad but it does happen in sports when it's almost too easy. A couple games this year he dove for one and announcers called it a drop. Another time he tried to reach over the sideline and grab it without going out of bounds, but did. They called that a drop. Neither were on him. He hasn't been perfect, but much better and exactly what Whis and Shawn wanted. It did him no good to become their mold of WR. Anywho, I want to see if DGB suddenly starts dropping a lot as this season closes. That would be the very next step in this bad development.

Also I couldn't be more curious of Turzilli now. He has been away from the bashing and twisted coaching style. He was complimented in TC, rested with injury, put some work in in SF and got complimented, and then came back and got some praise this past week. All positive for him(except the injury settlement) due to timing but still I want to see a big fast WR that wasn't bashed play that very same role.

McBride called up this week. Exciting for young guy to get his chance. Coach compliments his work on scout team against 1st string D all season.

Coach said he was to be the gunner-He wasn't AND they allowed an awesome return

Coach said he was to be the backup KR and PR- He wasn't and McCluster got hurt

He might get in on offense-he didn't.

Tell me that he didn't call all his relatives "I'm playing I'm playing" and isn't all bitter and embarrassed now?

Who does that garbage to a young player that gets called out for his excellent work ethic and commitment on the PS?

Do you know what real teams do? Nothing! They activate the player and say good luck. He probably sits there hoping he gets in and that's that. Why say all that junk and not do it?

Fowler is another example. All camp and preseason how he's highest rated FB, drafted fourth round. Switched from RB to FB because his college team was loaded. He got carries. He played the slot some because he was excellent receiver, many dump offs and screens. They had that jumbo package with Klug leading the way for him. Worked well a few times.

They call a very obvious run play on game ending play. The Oline lets way too many through. Klug can take out one but not 5-6 guys. Fowler stops, turns around and runs backward and to the sideline failing miserably to make something happen as the play clock has expired so it's the final play. He has played roughly 9 plays a game since. Yeah not the best idea and he looked bad on that run.

Why have they about benched him for 6-7 weeks now? Cmon that is too much. He wasn't scoring it was a bad play call. Totally holding that against him too too much.

The worst part is if you look up almost any Titans rushing highlight for this year(yeah there's few) he happens to be blocking. So in those 9 plays, he DOES get it done and it benefits the team.

They do not treat veterans like this. It's only rookies other than Mariota.

Sankey went thru the same garbage and has no confidence.

On D, Lebeau treats everyone the same. Riggs had a great camp and he spoon fed the rook in-season until he got more and more plays. No one cared bleeding and mccourty were hurt last night. They were down (supposedly, I never agreed but...) their top two CBs by preseason and his backups were ready.

Blackson was curiously agile for a drafted NT and played some end in camp. No matter what he seems to get the same amount of plays each week. If he does well, he'll get a smidge more.

Zach Brown called out the team on twitter and lost his starting spot but still played. He's very fast but always overpursues and he's been pulled for that and you can see the coaches pointing on the field and explaining. Last night, he made the INT. They corrected without beating the guy up and he came thru.

Their team is like a clinic. You could bring all the local college and HS coaches thru to learn this (offense) is how NOT to handle players and this (defense) is how to handle players.

Again, I'm "dying" to see Turzilli and what happens if you're not brow beaten.

I don't think intelligence is the issue, pretty sure his wonderlic was low 30s. Not to make excuses for DGB but he had a very abnormal upbringing. Lifelong series of foster homes, no steadying influence in his life.

Just saying he might be lacking basic life skills like work ethic. May never happen for him. It's a shame, he is clearly gifted. But if he lacks the passion and commitment, it just is what it is.

Were the warning signs not there for this guy? Only 1 decent year in college. So he's a size/speed freak. He's empty between the ears. The league has eaten up tons of WRs like him. If he's lucky he'll cling around for a while like a DHB. Yay.

It sounds like I might be in the minority here and I certainly don't follow the Titans as closely as Bri but in watching and reading about DGB this year I still see him as a mid-to-high level hold in dynasty. The physical talent is undeniable. The intangibles are as of yet undetermined in my book.

I look at last night's game differently than many here have expressed. There were clearly some things that disappointed but there were two plays in particular that had they gone slightly differently might have us all singing a different tune today. I don't recall the specific locations in the game but those plays were:

1) DGB lined up far right and I believe ran an corner route. He got behind his defender and in a nice space between him, the sideline and the safety. Marriota simply underthrew the pass. DGB made an effort to "get back to it" but the DB hardly had to jump to defend the pass. Had Marriota put just a little more air under that ball I have no doubt DGB would have come down with it for a 15-20 yard gain.

2) DGB lined up on the left side of the formation and ran a deep in. During the route he lowered his shoulder into the DB and kept it there, pressing to set him up for the in cut. I actually thought he set this up well and, when he made his in cut, created a very nice cushion of separation. However, he made his cut a hair too late - Marriota had already thrown the ball and, because of DGB's late cut, the pass came behind him before he could get his head turned toward it. He got his right hand on it but couldn't make the catch. Had he made his cut a split second earlier this would have been a catch for at least 15 yards and likely a catch and run for more than that.

If Marriota places the ball better in #1 we would be raving about DGB's length, leaping, ball tracking and hands and he would have had a line more like 4/60. Had he made his cut in #2 a little sooner we'd be talking about how he has improved his physicality and route running and how fast he is in the open field...and we'd be looking at a line more like 5/80.

I know this is nit picky and can probably apply to many WRs in many games....but my point here is that this is a young kid who spent a full year away from the game before becoming a pro. He has a lot to learn, no doubt but I'm not anywhere near ready to give up on him.

It sounds like I might be in the minority here and I certainly don't follow the Titans as closely as Bri but in watching and reading about DGB this year I still see him as a mid-to-high level hold in dynasty. The physical talent is undeniable. The intangibles are as of yet undetermined in my book.

I look at last night's game differently than many here have expressed. There were clearly some things that disappointed but there were two plays in particular that had they gone slightly differently might have us all singing a different tune today. I don't recall the specific locations in the game but those plays were:

1) DGB lined up far right and I believe ran an corner route. He got behind his defender and in a nice space between him, the sideline and the safety. Marriota simply underthrew the pass. DGB made an effort to "get back to it" but the DB hardly had to jump to defend the pass. Had Marriota put just a little more air under that ball I have no doubt DGB would have come down with it for a 15-20 yard gain.

2) DGB lined up on the left side of the formation and ran a deep in. During the route he lowered his shoulder into the DB and kept it there, pressing to set him up for the in cut. I actually thought he set this up well and, when he made his in cut, created a very nice cushion of separation. However, he made his cut a hair too late - Marriota had already thrown the ball and, because of DGB's late cut, the pass came behind him before he could get his head turned toward it. He got his right hand on it but couldn't make the catch. Had he made his cut a split second earlier this would have been a catch for at least 15 yards and likely a catch and run for more than that.

If Marriota places the ball better in #1 we would be raving about DGB's length, leaping, ball tracking and hands and he would have had a line more like 4/60. Had he made his cut in #2 a little sooner we'd be talking about how he has improved his physicality and route running and how fast he is in the open field...and we'd be looking at a line more like 5/80.

I know this is nit picky and can probably apply to many WRs in many games....but my point here is that this is a young kid who spent a full year away from the game before becoming a pro. He has a lot to learn, no doubt but I'm not anywhere near ready to give up on him.
I like your observation on #2 - I really like the way he used his shoulder while running the route to put the DB into a bad spot. If he and Mariota are on the same page about where the route should be, that could have been a huge YAC reception. In the game thread put that on the QB for a bad throw but we really don't know.

I like your observation on #2 - I really like the way he used his shoulder while running the route to put the DB into a bad spot. If he and Mariota are on the same page about where the route should be, that could have been a huge YAC reception. In the game thread put that on the QB for a bad throw but we really don't know.
That's a good point - I am assuming it was DGB's fault but it's possible it was Marriota's fault for being off on the route timing. No way to know. But, like you said, if they connect on that pass I think we are talking much differently today about DGB.

Last week Stafford threw a horrible interception, everybody was all over him. But the next day Lance Moore said it was his fault because he misread where the safety was at. Even watching the All22 it's sometimes hard to discern where the fault lies on timing patterns where the ball comes out before the break.

I don't think intelligence is the issue, pretty sure his wonderlic was low 30s. Not to make excuses for DGB but he had a very abnormal upbringing. Lifelong series of foster homes, no steadying influence in his life.

Just saying he might be lacking basic life skills like work ethic. May never happen for him. It's a shame, he is clearly gifted. But if he lacks the passion and commitment, it just is what it is.
At draft time everyone knew he was raw and it would be a real project trying to get him NFL-ready. I can't help but wonder if he'd be progressing better if he had been drafted onto a team that has a veteran WR to mentor him.

Never mind who's fault. the chemistry isn't there yet for whatever reason. Mariotta isn't going anywhere for a few years at least. DGB has to get won the same page with the franchise QB. It's not looking great for 2015 prospects unless you own Walker on a tip drill.

At draft time everyone knew he was raw and it would be a real project trying to get him NFL-ready. I can't help but wonder if he'd be progressing better if he had been drafted onto a team that has a veteran WR to mentor him.
I don't think there's any reason to panic yet. If they can hire a coach who has a track record of working/developing youth things will get better. So far, Mariota looks the part of an NFL starter. That's the first step to success in the NFL. I'd love to see the Titans bring in a mentor to show DGB how to work and prepare. If we don't see any progress in the 2nd half of 2016 I'll start to worry.

If you drafted DGB expecting him to be a starter on your team you probably have bigger issues than his play. He's been out of football for a while and is gonna take time to develop. Dynasty requires patience fellas.

I don't think so. I think it's venting you're seeing

Re intangibles:

Stoops' conversation about DGB was fascinating. All he had the guy for was practice and he's coached a zillion eventual NFL players. He raved about DGB. When he showed up and had a minor hammy injury and missed a bunch of mini and OTAs; when he (and Cobb) thought they were oh so special...he fell into some "here's you're millions rook" hole. At this point more of that Stoops conversation came out and another conversation (I think it was different) was even on youtube. Glowing praise and people were mocking Stoops for it. Training camp came around and he had studied and worked hard. He stayed late...he turned into that good boy Stoops spoke of. I have not heard one single bad comment about work ethic or attitude or anything since then.

Hunter was about the same. I think in that thread you'll see Bob Magaw pointing out to me, the light went on with him too.

Cobb very similar til he put high effort in, kinda kept having issues still but he IS correcting them.

Lewan (an awesome rookie T) was hot stuff til he started as a backup GUARD, then he showed some awesome effort and many thought he turned out to be one of the best rookie linemen.

ODB, I absolutely hated what he said and how doctors presented his simple hammy injury. It was not so simple or minor but, at the time, I was thinking if you're so good quit whining about your hammy and play rook! What did he miss-5 months? 6? Yeah I was oh wow when the reports came out how serious his hammy was but ...I wouldn't say he acted right at first. Even avoided Coughlin and frustrated him. BUT when ODB got going, he got going. He had studied the plays and went 100% and...excellent rookie year.

I could go on and on here. It seems halfway normal for rookies to get a big ego post draft and act like new garbage. Who cares, if by training camp they have got their "stuff" together?

My problem is Titans and every rookie's development and now a new coach making the same mistakes and even some new mistakes.

I really hate how he reverted and was held up by press coverage by a 6 foot tall skinny CB. It's like me stopping some UFC star. How in the world does that happen when you're as ginormous as he is?

He has awesome mitts and freaky speed. It is totally on the Titans if they can't find a coach to utilize and develop that. I am all over him in FF.

Can't say it enough- he is an outstanding blocker. He's totally learning here and sometimes the DB gets past him, but when he is on his game you see every beast like comment come to life and that poor DB is "nothing." I am grumpy most draft writers never mentioned neither he nor Mike Evans were excellent blockers.

The Titans rarely run outside. You have to almost look for it. 2-3 weeks back, Andrews broke a 25-30 yard run and DGB took out his man and ran down and got another.

The Titans never "throw the dog a bone" but hundreds or so NFL coaches over the years would have called the next play for DGB so he got some action.

He doesn't fumble. Maybe because he looks like he's holding a marble but...Titans have more than enough to work with here. Just two games ago he was very impressive in his 4 catch 84 yard game. Gotta just take this one on the chin.

The Jags are a funky defense. The Jags oh they stink, they're the Jags. Do you ever hear anyone talk about how good their run D is? The Titans didn't throw much to the WRs last night but if ya ask me, they played real well. It's not unlike the Titans 4th rated pass D. It's something like if I said the Browns were great. Some teams have been so weak so long, it's gonna take some time to accept they've improved. Some of this is at play here. DGB shut down by the Jags? the Jags really?

Third to last play, he ran hard, got down and made a play

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/667777924167241728

He's got the effort and desire. Titans gotta use that tho

Hated watching him last two games.

If you can watch a replay of the game and focus on him, It can't be him. What is with those routes and the obsession with picks?

Jefferson or Michael is totally messing up here.

Someone could draw plays in the dirt better.

He looks like they grabbed someone off the street and threw a uniform on him. I've been watching, I've seen the guy run the plays. What'd they do? Why is he suddenly confused, slow, and dazed?

Have Mariota tell him run a curl or slant or whatnot in the huddle and leave it at that.

What a waste.

If he is going to take the blame(likely) well then put McBride and Turzilli in. He looks like a zombie, do something other than the same thing next week

This year seems to be a wash, but hoping that in the offseason he works out with a proven WR trainer to get some key pointers and some fire in the belly.

Too much talent to waste and the opportunity is there.

Rotoworld:

Titans interim coach Mike Mularkey has challenged Dorial Green-Beckham to make more plays.

"(Marcus) is giving these guys chances,’’ Mularkey said, referring to DGB and Kendall Wright. "But we’re not making the plays. ... It’s the go routes outside that it just feels like we’re getting hit on them, and we’re not hitting ‘em. We have to make a play on those plays, because (Marcus) is giving us a chance to make them." Mularkey had more specific comments about Green-Beckham. "We're giving DGB a chance, and I'd like to see him with his size to go up and pluck that thing out of the air." DGB has been strikingly raw as a rookie, showing essentially zero refinement at all the game's finer points. We're not expecting marked improvement down the stretch.

Source: titansonline.com

Dec 1 - 1:46 PM

They used him like a normal WR not the junk routes they've been doing.

he had 4 catches for 75 or so at the half and looked real decent. MM still throws the ball poorly to him most of the time and need to stop throwing it at the feet of a giant man.

He muffed a catch and almost literally gave an INT to the Jags. He was pulled for a couple plays, then just before the half he got his fourth catch.

Nothing in the 3rd Q

Then he made a play you could have scripted predraft. Excellent leap up grab it, slam into the defender and keep going.

I don't know that we've seen DGB play with confidence, next week might be interesting

PK posted this on twitter/espn which I assume he means it was said at halftime.

Mike Mularkey told Dorial Green-Beckham, other mistake-makers that Titans would need something from them before it ended. Got it from DGB, others.

Wow makes ya wonder if he didn't make that catch doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread